Page 4 of 4
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Needs more Flaming Satan Coque
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
AVENGER01
UG Newbie
87 IQ
No they are straight up Gay for Satan lol..I guess they don't have the face paint and all the other crap..but what I was wondering about was their skill level are they decent players?their drummers pretty good..really good at mixing albums.. Just hate all the demonic shit..
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Quote by AVENGER01
No they are straight up Gay for Satan lol..I guess they don't have the face paint and all the other crap..but what I was wondering about was their skill level are they decent players?their drummers pretty good..really good at mixing albums.. Just hate all the demonic shit..

Having Satanic themes does not make you a black metal band. They sound like a djenty groove metal band that likes to put a bunch of inverted crosses on their shit.

They seem fine players, sure.
AVENGER01
UG Newbie
87 IQ
haha,maby you should write them and tell these posers to get with the program! quit fagging around. lol
AVENGER01
UG Newbie
87 IQ
Well I'm proud to be homophobic.. too many queers will be the death of America.. you watch and see.
RiffYourFaceOff
burned and died
160 IQ
Where is ron666? I would like his opinion on this matter.
last.fm
"the waves have now a redder glow..."

Quote by genghisgandhi
I don't care what my dad says, you metalheads are alright.
BL1NDSIDE-J
Banned
1,401 IQ
Quote by AVENGER01
Well I'm proud to be homophobic.. too many queers will be the death of America.. you watch and see.

**** yea, too many queers like this guy gonna be the death of MURICA.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
This thread sure turned horrible in the hours I was at my girl's house.

Oh, my sides...
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?
1,468 IQ
Quote by progbass
King Diamond once said

"All hail Satan....YES HAIL SATAN"

it wasn't cheesy. It was awesome. I've owned Melissa for 7 years and the album still holds up from its early 80s debut. Celtic Frost still holds up, early Morbid Angel, so on so forth. Quality music is quality music.

"Oh my sweet Satan. YOU ARE THE ONE!"

"Satan...in the fires of hell awaits!"

"You won't escape Satan's hammer!"

Yarp. Satan is just intrinsically metal.

Progedit : equality is a sham. No such place for a ridiculous concept in life.

Fixed.
The Wildchild
COME TO INDONESIA!!!!!!!!
3,282 IQ
What are your thoughts on 'orthodox' black metal
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?
1,468 IQ
Quote by The Wildchild
What are your thoughts on 'orthodox' black metal

Who me?

I dig the first wave/second wave classics, if that's what you mean by orthodox...
BL1NDSIDE-J
Banned
1,401 IQ
I'm not sure what orthodox black metal is supposed to mean from what I can tell it just means Black Metal with theistic satanism lyrics.
NotFromANUS
Naturalist
1,434 IQ
Quote by BL1NDSIDE-J
Personally I feel that Satanism is as dumb as Christianity and not at all necessary to express the true Nihilistic nature of metal. So I'm interested to know what other "metalheads" think about it, is it a contributing factor to the stagnation of the scene or an integral part of the music that cannot be done without?

This is of course not a new criticism. This was perhaps most notably mentioned by members of the second wave of black metal who criticized LaVey Satanism as gay poseur false.

I think this cliche is too ingrained to fade. Some older bands have escaped this type of mentality by essentially moving away from metal as it is traditionally understood and into areas like ambient and electronic music. Newer metal bands lack vision in general, so until the next generation of innovators comes along, satan and gore and beer-thrash are going to continue to proliferate.