JKing138
20 IQ
Maybe a cheat but my Zoom B3. To be specific the M-comp (EBS bass compressor sim) or the 160 comp (based on the dbx 160a compressor).

For a more interesting answer than a compressor, the thing I really would miss would be my MXR M80. So flexible its easy to get the sounds I want, with distortion and a noise gate (to get rid of the 60 cycle hum from my Jazz bass).
Spanner93
50 IQ
MXR Blowtorch, such a versatile distortion.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
realsmoky
70 IQ
Big Muff is overrated in my opinion.

Well there is no pedal I couldn't live without, but I really dig the Ibanez Autowah pedal. Though it is a guitar pedal, I can get some really interesting sounds from it while slapping, and I can produce an AMAZING distortion. If I had a good compressor, it would be even better.
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
130 IQ
My Hardwire Chromatic Tuner pedal. I would be lost without a tuner pedal.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
bassalloverthe
10 IQ
Does anyone else not use pedals?

I have a sansamp, a morley power wah, and a vanilla boss compressor but I dont like using any of them.
JKing138
20 IQ
Quote by bassalloverthe

I have a sansamp, a morley power wah, and a vanilla boss compressor but I dont like using any of them.

Why reply to a thread about pedals if you don't like pedals?
Its not a 'Do you use pedals?' thread last I checked.
skippy_moogoose
30 Rhythm Points...O yeah
111 IQ
My tuner (obvs), and my Tech 21 VT...
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.
1,213 IQ
Quote by bassalloverthe

Yes.

I have a Bass Big Muff but rarely use it.

IMO bass sounds good without any effects. Well, I don't really use effects for guitar that much either.

Quote by JKing138
Why reply to a thread about pedals if you don't like pedals?
Its not a 'Do you use pedals?' thread last I checked.

Why reply to any thread? You are allowed to have your own opinion. He wasn't attacking or anything. He was just asking if there are people that prefer plugging straight to the amp.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
JKing138
20 IQ
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Yes.

I have a Bass Big Muff but rarely use it.

IMO bass sounds good without any effects. Well, I don't really use effects for guitar that much either.

Why reply to any thread? You are allowed to have your own opinion. He wasn't attacking or anything. He was just asking if there are people that prefer plugging straight to the amp.

This wasn't an attack at the poster either but its not really relevant, its not the idea of the thread. I'm completely for freedom of speech and having an opinion but its contrary to the topic. If you don't use pedals then fair enough there's nothing wrong with that but I don't go into threads about 'your favorite double bass' and say I don't play double bass, I prefer electric. If I wanted to know if you use pedals I would ask 'do you use pedals?'.
vincentbockius
10 IQ
Hi all, long time bassist, new here, when using my full stereo rig all rack effects, but for smaller clubs when i use half my rig (mono) i can't play without my EBS Billy Sheehan Signiture Drive bass pedal, has compression and drive built in and the tone shaping of this pedal is awesome.....
jessesixstring
30 IQ
Quote by realsmoky
Big Muff is overrated in my opinion.

I used to think that as well. Until I bought the deluxe version and player with it for some time. Now it's a vital part of my sound, I can get some great metal tone out of it. Especially with the cross over built in. It's a pedal that will remain a staple for my sound.
Spaz91
RIP Terry
560 IQ
EBS Multicomp, even if only I hear the difference.
Wood doesn't affect tone. Grow up.
bassalloverthe
10 IQ
Quote by JKing138
This wasn't an attack at the poster either but its not really relevant, its not the idea of the thread. I'm completely for freedom of speech and having an opinion but its contrary to the topic. If you don't use pedals then fair enough there's nothing wrong with that but I don't go into threads about 'your favorite double bass' and say I don't play double bass, I prefer electric. If I wanted to know if you use pedals I would ask 'do you use pedals?'.

Chill out dude. I listed three pedals that I own and use occasionally

As Diogenes says, if everything has a place, then surely place must have a place as well. My preference for no pedals is my pedal preference. If OP approached me on the street and asked me what pedals I cant play without, I would tell him that I actually prefer to play without any. Its perfectly relevant
Last edited by bassalloverthe at Jun 9, 2014,
JKing138
20 IQ
Quote by bassalloverthe
Chill out dude. I listed three pedals that I own and use occasionally

As Diogenes says, if everything has a place, then surely place must have a place as well. My preference for no pedals is my pedal preference. If OP approached me on the street and asked me what pedals I cant play without, I would tell him that I actually prefer to play without any. Its perfectly relevant

I'm chilled, just after a few years on forums it just seems that there's always one guy who goes in to threads about effects and says 'I don't use effects' (ok, slightly different in this case). It's nothing personal I was just questioning the logic behind it.
corrda00
Unregistered User
745 IQ
Theres no pedals I cant live without since I don't use them often.

The only one I do use is a digitech 8vb pedal. Gets some good grit and makes the bass super deep. Great for synth basslines.
CNC-Digity
Truck drivin bassist
90 IQ
Quote by bassalloverthe

I still have my Sansamp BDDI but I use both the rackmount units now, only pedal I use is a Boss TU-2.
Gear:
Ibanez Sr490
Avalanche 5 string
Fender American Standard Jazz 5
Nemesis NC212
Boss TU-2
Furman M-8x2 Power Conditioner
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
DBX 1215 Dual Channel Graphic EQ
DBX 266xs Compressor/Gate
Ibanez RGA7
bdof
Very Kissable
240 IQ
Boss NS-2.
Quote by Neo Evil11
People should stop badmouthing rape.

Quote by Eastwinn
when it comes down to it, i'm really inadequate
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.
1,213 IQ
Quote by bdof
Boss NS-2.

Just out of curiosity, is your amp really that noisy? I have never heard a bass amp being so noisy that a noise gate would be needed. Or do you use lots of pedals?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
130 IQ
Sometimes a bass has a ground issue, in which case a noise suppressor is essential. I had that problem with a Fender Precision - the bare wire through the top touching the bottom of the bridge just did not do it properly. I finally had to solder that wire to the bridge in order to get rid of the maddening hum.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!