BassBen93
1,221 IQ
My Takamine g series electro acoustic bass has up bow that is making the strings ridiculously high and you can see the neck bowing if you look from the side.

The problem is I cant turn the truss rod as it's stuck and won't budge. I don't want to push to hard in case it breaks. But what can I do to fix it. The truss has never been turned before so I don't see why it's stuck.

I'm not sure if the necks twisting either strings look slightly different heights.
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
A stuck truss rod is not something to try to fix at home. If you strip the nut; that's it. You need a new truss rod, and in most cases, that is one hellishly expensive repair! Take it to a good technician and have him or her un-stick the truss rod nut.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Spaz91
RIP Terry
6,280 IQ
Quote by FatalGear41
A stuck truss rod is not something to try to fix at home. If you strip the nut; that's it. You need a new truss rod, and in most cases, that is one hellishly expensive repair! Take it to a good technician and have him or her un-stick the truss rod nut.

****ing up the truss rod will **** up your entire bass. Unless you're certain you have the knowhow and skills to set it up yourself, take it to a professional.

Source: I've stripped at least two truss rods in my time. Sadness.