Page 907 of 907
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I'm in no way pretending that it isn't more complicated than that, I'm intensely aware that it is. I'm just giving my opinion on why I feel democracy is philosophically flawed.

It's as flawed as the people who are a part of it, both as voters and as representatives. No system is safe from abuse or failure, that's why it's the obligation of those who are a part of the system, internally or externally, to ensure that the opportunities for abuse or failure are kept to an absolute minimum. The problem isn't democracy, the problem is that the environment surrounding it has become so toxic, and the people involved so unconcerned with keeping it properly functioning so it can serve the people it's meant to serve, that there are about a dozen spanners thrown into the works, and everyone's so busy yelling at each other over letting them get in there that nobody's bothering to get any of them out. Democracy isn't the problem, it's no more flawed, and I'd argue less flawed, than most other reasonable options for governing a large group of people. The problem, or at least one of the problems, is the polarized political world things have devolved into, and the way that feeds itself perfectly into any candidate with nationalistic tendencies who tells people he's going to take things back to how they used to be. Of course it's not just Trump striking at the perfect time, it's also the DNC shooting themselves in the foot every step of the way. I can go on for a while about that, but I'd rather not ramble about how badly they fucked everything up for everyone.

As Jack has said, people are growing more and more frustrated with the lack of progress that's been made on so many of the issues that plague the modern world, which leads them to think that the government is failing to do its job. And then someone suddenly comes along and tries to rally with the people against the establishment, by offering very simple solutions to extremely protracted and difficult problems that promise an instant result. Hence the comparison between Mcdonalds and healthy eating.

Again, you're oversimplifying it. It's not as simple as "Trump won because people being ignorant about why XYZ is happening, he said he'd make XYZ go away by standing up to the people causing XYZ." There's far more to it, and to act like that's the root cause is misinformed at-best.

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
Quote by necrosis1193
It's as flawed as the people who are a part of it

You can say that about any political philosophy though.

Of course democracy is probably the best political philosophy, but that shouldn't make it immune from criticism. Democracy invites people to make decisions on very difficult problems based purely on emotions when they lack education on the political issues at hand. It gives people who are educated in politics and those who aren't equal footing in influencing a vote.
Again, you're oversimplifying it. It's not as simple as "Trump won because people being ignorant about why XYZ is happening, he said he'd make XYZ go away by standing up to the people causing XYZ." There's far more to it, and to act like that's the root cause is misinformed at-best.

I know it isn't as simple as that. But to say that such an approach didn't make him more favorable in the elections would be wrong too.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Quote by dawgeth321
Hey guys. It's raining. I know you'd all be interested to find out

Its been raining on/off here for the past three days, we've also had varying degrees of fog
The weather today was actually really nice. It was foggy in the morning, but it cleared up quickly.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Quote by Shotgunmerc
Josh why do you carry the team and get play of the game while being a tad drunk as Pharah
Because I'm amazing, boo, you know that.
Quote by TheChaz
what the fuck is this ultimate-4thgrade.com?
I don't have to put up with this. We've already established you're a dork and all.
Quote by TheChaz
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The weather today was actually really nice. It was foggy in the morning, but it cleared up quickly.

Hey yeah so I actually got up in the morning for the first time since new year and can confirm: winter mornings are beautiful. Everything was frostly and sparkly, so pretty. I missed the bus and was grumpy but it was hard to be grumpy when everything looked so nice
Good night everyone.
Quote by cha33 armstrong
Can someone tell NUMA that I'm not talking to her. And stop calling me Cha.

Quote by bassofthe
Yes Numa. Move to Norway and get me.

Quote by necrosis1193
We're all waifus now
Quote by Shotgunmerc
How does it feel to be worse than a dork
I had a good comeback lined up for this but forgot it so instead I'll just say,

stfu omg

Go ask Laura to put you in your place again lmao.
Quote by TheChaz