I am considering instead of getting a non recessed floyd, getting a floyd with a trem stopper. Just to give me more options on what guitar to buy.

But then there is one question. Will I be able to pull the bar up so that the recessed part is completely filled. It's hard to find the right words. Will I be able to raise a note up as high as I could do without a trem stopper, if the blocking screw is screwed all the way out?
I've no experience with a trem stopper, but after looking at pics on google it appears that it stops you from pulling the bar up at all. I could be wrong though.

If you're interested in something like this, you could get any guitar with a trem and put wood blocks with double stick duct tape in there to stop movement. I have all mine blocked so that they're dive only. I use D-Tunas on locking trems. Drop D is more important to me than pulling up on the bar.
i don't know about the tremstopper (haven't tried it) but the tremol-no will let you do that. you can have it to fully floating when you want, and blocked (or dive-only) when you want. i found it a bit fiddly, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Maybe it would be a good idea to just install the tremstopper and screw it out if I want to pull up to the max again? Can't hurt right?