Grovermans
.. / .- -- / --. --- -..
Join date: Jan 2004
2,846 IQ
#1
Yay, I'm finally posting the finished version of this!

It's in PTB in this post, and in MIDI in the next post down because it's too big to post in one zip
Attachments:
ultimate powertab.zip

I just want to sleep forever.


noodles_wazaman
No Frills.
Join date: Sep 2002
407 IQ
#4
because i dont intend to listening to it all in one go, i was wondering how long is it from start to finish?
If you take home anything,
let it be your will to think,
the more cynical you become,
the better off you'll be.
Bill43
I like it here
Join date: May 2003
1,893 IQ
#5
Very freakin' cool. This is the first time I've ever listened to it.

Extremely neo-classical with a touch of Vai to it. Seeing as I can get midi to give me the notation, I've been playing along to it.

Good job guys!
failurepunk182
you can call me Alex
Join date: Feb 2004
59 IQ
#6
love it, my solo sounds like the midi screwed up during the slides, bends, and octaves. oh well, it's awesome anyways.
Originally posted by eastbay36
yea, and your the master of them, the master of do-do heads
Grovermans
.. / .- -- / --. --- -..
Join date: Jan 2004
2,846 IQ
#7
Originally posted by noodles_wazaman
because i dont intend to listening to it all in one go, i was wondering how long is it from start to finish?

26 minutes

I just want to sleep forever.


Grovermans
.. / .- -- / --. --- -..
Join date: Jan 2004
2,846 IQ
#8
HAHA I JUST LOOKED AT THE AMOUNT OF POSTS PEOPLE HAD IN THE LAST THREAD!

Total Posts: 200

Grovermans - 84
Weebl - 17
Reed Morelli - 12
playrof60'stele - 9
slash_620 - 8
M3T4L69 - 8
SilentDeftone - 7
i3lackmagik - 7
SsPunk - 5
scheck006 - 4
LuCerO(iC) - 3
saddam - 3
Gutch220 - 3
Metalxhed89 - 3
afirocker00 - 2
noodles_wazaman - 2
failurepunk182 - 2
Deluxe - 2
Roxxin Biatch - 2
DorkusMalorkus - 1
surfhoc88 - 1
Electric Jake - 1
Molodov - 1
morgan - 1
Bill43 - 1
crzy_gtrst15 - 1
Pr0phecy_X - 1
Last_Tear_Burns - 1
Danny7 - 1
Xx_banx - 1
mikeshinoda_666 - 1
mikeh - 1
nightwind - 1
brendan666 - 1
Mack56 - 1
marley_man - 1

I just want to sleep forever.


JCShark
Registered User
Join date: Jan 2005
192 IQ
#10
I've only just started listening to it, but it's pretty good. Some bits are better than others though. The bit around 2mins 30 secs to 3mins is good, and so is the solo just before that.
Well done everyone, wish i could've been a part of it, but I don't have Powertab anyway. The bit just before four mins sounds like a whole new song, but I like it.
Great work everyone who was involved.
noodles_wazaman
No Frills.
Join date: Sep 2002
407 IQ
#11
Originally posted by Grovermans
HAHA I JUST LOOKED AT THE AMOUNT OF POSTS PEOPLE HAD IN THE LAST THREAD!

Total Posts: 200

Grovermans - 84
Weebl - 17
Reed Morelli - 12
playrof60'stele - 9
slash_620 - 8
M3T4L69 - 8
SilentDeftone - 7
i3lackmagik - 7
SsPunk - 5
scheck006 - 4
LuCerO(iC) - 3
saddam - 3
Gutch220 - 3
Metalxhed89 - 3
afirocker00 - 2
noodles_wazaman - 2
failurepunk182 - 2
Deluxe - 2
Roxxin Biatch - 2
DorkusMalorkus - 1
surfhoc88 - 1
Electric Jake - 1
Molodov - 1
morgan - 1
Bill43 - 1
crzy_gtrst15 - 1
Pr0phecy_X - 1
Last_Tear_Burns - 1
Danny7 - 1
Xx_banx - 1
mikeshinoda_666 - 1
mikeh - 1
nightwind - 1
brendan666 - 1
Mack56 - 1
marley_man - 1


you have an awful lot of time on your hands hahaha.

i liked a lot of it, but there was a lot of filler in there, riffs that just seemed like they were killing time.
If you take home anything,
let it be your will to think,
the more cynical you become,
the better off you'll be.
JCShark
Registered User
Join date: Jan 2005
192 IQ
#12
I didn't think there was too much filler in there, and besides, If they want everyone's riff to fit in, then they probably had to make a lot of riffs that could lead onto another riff.
JCShark
Registered User
Join date: Jan 2005
192 IQ
#14
Well you and the others did good!

Will you be doing another, because I wouldn't mind putting something small in if I could?
Grovermans
.. / .- -- / --. --- -..
Join date: Jan 2004
2,846 IQ
#15
Maybe... If we do, it won't be for a while, though.

I just want to sleep forever.


Guitar_&_bass_1
UG's Distgusted Member
Join date: Jul 2004
71 IQ
#19
3.28 sec through andsounds like a prog. master peice already!
Member #4 of the Black Tooth Grin Dimebag Memorial Club. Pm Narmi to join.
#112 Member of the "Linkin Park Sucks" club. PM Whstripesrox to join.
Alucard27
UG Newbie
Join date: Feb 2005
15 IQ
#20
Wow....I am speechless. I too do lots of work on the PowerTab software...but..nothing of this calibre. This must've taken forever to do, man. For everyone involved in this project, i salute you.
When you kill a man, you're a murderer, kill an army, you're victorious, kill 'em all, and you're a god.
i3lackmagik
Registered User
Join date: Dec 2002
12 IQ
#25
The pitch slider is what's used when you do a bend, slide, or whammy action in midi, so technically he's probably right. But no one ever says that, haha.

~i3~
Grovermans
.. / .- -- / --. --- -..
Join date: Jan 2004
2,846 IQ
#27
Yeah, sure. I'll probably start a new one up soon.

I just want to sleep forever.


guano wape
"Rawr!"
Join date: Apr 2002
45 IQ
#28
i suggest this one will be no longer then lets say... 20 min.
to make it more listenable for most of the people here.. and to make it interesting enough.. the first one was fun, but to make a great song with us all.. 20 or less minutes will do..

ill look for some killer riffs later..
pooch0072
Mr. November
Join date: Oct 2003
510 IQ
#29
Originally posted by Bill43
Very freakin' cool. This is the first time I've ever listened to it.

Extremely neo-classical with a touch of Vai to it. Seeing as I can get midi to give me the notation, I've been playing along to it.

Good job guys!
What program do you use to get the notationout of MIDI?
Grovermans
.. / .- -- / --. --- -..
Join date: Jan 2004
2,846 IQ
#31
Originally posted by pooch0072
What program do you use to get the notationout of MIDI?

PowerTab

I just want to sleep forever.


Grovermans
.. / .- -- / --. --- -..
Join date: Jan 2004
2,846 IQ
#33
1) Didn't understand what that meant
2) How do you know my name is Kyle?
3) I have the new one up

I just want to sleep forever.


Bill43
I like it here
Join date: May 2003
1,893 IQ
#34
Originally posted by pooch0072
What program do you use to get the notationout of MIDI?


Actually I use a very old program called Midisoft Studio. I've had it for years and I use it to "hear" other "intruments" in any score I'm writing.