Page 7 of 7
Oh well, I think I have mine set to the default.

Soundclips are on my dmusic site, I'm listed as guitar91. I'll put a direct link up if I can get it to work.

Edit: http://91.dmusic.com/

Pretty much everything was a first take. I had to go direct from the headphone out on my microcube to my soundcard so it isn't perfect. I have no way of micing it and the line outs on my Cube 60 are very noisy.

Comments on my tone and/or playing are welcome if you take into consideration the fact that:
This was a first take
I wasn't warmed up at all
I was sitting in an uncomfortable position and had to bend my arms funny
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

Not a member of any clubs. Don't PM me.
Last edited by mnbaseball91 at May 24, 2005,
Like you said, you werent warmed up and it showed. Tone seemed ok, i liked the clean stuff, but the distortion was a bit. Duno. Dull maybe? I can't place it, but i don't like the overdrive sound.

Would be cool to hear a demo at your best.
An Airbag Saved My Dub
^I absolutely agree. That was recorded as a "get something up regardless of how it sounds" thing.

Keep in mind, I'm doing this through an amp the size of a tissue box.
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

i loved the clean sounds too, but the distortion was a bit falt, it didnt seem to have any depth at all.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Originally posted by mnbaseball91
^I absolutely agree. That was recorded as a "get something up regardless of how it sounds" thing.

Keep in mind, I'm doing this through an amp the size of a tissue box.

What are the humbuckers, i think i could see a lace sensor in the middle.

Valves would do it the world of good.
An Airbag Saved My Dub
ya i agree the clean sounded awesome but what pups were u using in the first and last song on the clean? and were u using the amps distortion on the amp?
The clean was the neck humbucker (Alnico II Pro), neck and mid, and mid in that order.

The distortion was the Cube's. I swear it sounds so much better in reality.

And yeah, I played it through a Blues Jr and it sounded absolutely incredible.

i like it calen but when you distorted it it sounded rough man! it sounds like the recoring though not your pickups
I just listened to the stuff again.

The recordings DO NOT sound like the guitar actually sounds. I tried, but it just didn't work. Plus, my playing sucked. Sorry. When I go on my world tour, I'll let you guys know so you can come hear the guitar.

Yer i agree the clean sounds good, the overdrive sounds kinda weak though. get some more soundclips up
Originally posted by Generalpwnt
It would be so cool if u drilled a hole right thru the center of ur guitar.

Looking for people to record sound clips for UG, click here if interested...
I just listened to the stuff again.

The recordings DO NOT sound like the guitar actually sounds. I tried, but it just didn't work. Plus, my playing sucked. Sorry. When I go on my world tour, I'll let you guys know so you can come hear the guitar.

An Airbag Saved My Dub
^I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I tried another recording. My playing's still sloppy, but it's a tad better. The tone is kinda muffled, but you can listen to it anyway.

91.dmusic.com

^I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I tried another recording. My playing's still sloppy, but it's a tad better. The tone is kinda muffled, but you can listen to it anyway.

91.dmusic.com

Still love the sound, the distortion a bit weird, as stated above. Could be the amp, or just the connector you're using.
Looks and sounds awesome. Congratulations on finishing the project man. That is one sick guitar.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Originally posted by godofshred
that is incredible..what bridge and pickups did you use?

You should read the thread over, but I'll spare you. For the bridge he used a Gotoh 510, which is a combo all in one Tune-O-Matic bridge with Stopbar, supposedly. And for the pickups, he used a Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro, Some Lace pickup for the single coil(I think) and a DiMarzio Super Distortion.
For a first go its not bad at all. It's not exactly clean, but i always like to give negative feedback, it helps you learn.

Those scratches look pretty nasty(near the bridge and that one where the input jack is). As i said, the stain doesn't look to transitioned. But thats ok, its not bad and theres been worse. Were you going for a satin finish or gloss? It looks like a mix between both. How did you go about buffing it? Anything i can help you improve on with that is good.
It was supposed to be gloss but I didn't sand hard enough when I first started buffing. That will be corrected as soon as my supplies arrive from stewmac. The scratch near the input jack is unfortunately in the wood, not the finish. I didn't notice it until I had already started spraying the laquer, so there's nothing I can do. It didn't really come out until I buffed.

I have a good idea of what to do about the rest, I just have to get around to doing it.

Despite all the quirks, I'm happy.

What remains of the project - some minor refinements?
And sadly, at your expense(mnbaseball91): There a good moral - Before starting the finish, inspect the body first.
And here's another time I'll say a Job well done
Your playing isn't that solid. Too much hesitating, but I guess that might be from the position you were in. Maybe a bit more chorus.

A2P sounds very nice. SD sounds good, but I can definately hear the soundcard and amp deadening the tone, so the distortion is coming out pretty weak.

A bit slow on the Layla riff. Some messy tapping, but decent.
I was not playing in an attempt to impress any of you. I was trying to satisfy your needs for soundclips. I KNOW my playing sucked! That wasn't what those were about. If it's that big of a deal, I can take them down.

I was not playing in an attempt to impress any of you. I was trying to satisfy your needs for soundclips. I KNOW my playing sucked! That wasn't what those were about. If it's that big of a deal, I can take them down.

Take them down at your own will, you want to give us a better demo - Go ahead. I find the soundclips serve their purposes well of showing your guitar
The project is finished, so this will be my last post in this thread. There's no use in beating a dead horse. If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to PM me.

Thanks to everyone who's helped me on this, including but not limited to: Mascot, CorderoyEW, Colum_Barow, Algeater, ACDC101, SlipAway, and everyone else who gave me any input, good or bad.

BTW, godofshred, it was you who suggested the Lace Sensors in the first place, so I don't know why you were asking about the pickups :P:.

I'll put pictures in the gallery thread once I feel that I have it looking as good as it's going to look.

I know you weren't, but you asked to leave comments on your tone/playing, so I did.

Sorry if I offended you or anything.
As requested:

*Closed*

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details