Page 231 of 231
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer
829 IQ
The new Pearl Jam video for Mind Your Manners.

http://youtu.be/jWQYYavheUA
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
soundgarden1986
vaporwave queen
1,340 IQ
i dont dislike mind your manners, but i really hope the rest of the album is different/a lot better.
soundgarden1986
vaporwave queen
1,340 IQ
I actually listened to their discography recently, and I think I'd rank them like this now

Binaural
Yield
Riot Act
No Code
Vs
Vitalogy
Ten
Self Titled
Backspacer

It's a tad different than before, but it's pretty much a three way tie for first. I'm thinking the new one will fall somewhere between Ten and Self Titled.
Jes Johnson
82 IQ
When I was first getting into music, I used to listen to a radio station that played a lot of grunge and alternative. So yeah, they were one of the first bands I fell in love with. I still think Alive is one of the coolest guitar solos I've ever heard.
iwannabesedated
Out There
923 IQ
Quote by frankv
I actually really Mind Your Manners. I just dislike the others tunes they've showcased so far of this album.

This
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer
829 IQ
Have you gents heard Sirens yet? I refuse to. I want hear the full album all the way through; fresh.

Already listened to Mind Your Manners I suppose, but I'm allowed one sneak peak.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
frankv
Her?
1,674 IQ
Oh right, I thought it was...
cheesy at first, but the more I listen to it, must have been about 7 o 8 times by now, the more I like/love it. It's not a very typical PJ song at all, more like a powerballad. The only thing really PJ'ish about it are the unpolished vocals and the naivety.
soundgarden1986
vaporwave queen
1,340 IQ
i finally listened to sirens.

i cant say im feeling it, really. im starting to think i might end up not liking the album. ill still listen to it first, obviously. but... eh idk. soundgarden and alice in chains picked really good songs to release for their respective new albums.
frankv
Her?
1,674 IQ
Just listened to the album. There's some really cool stuff going on, where the band is doing stuff very unlike themselves, and some poorer stuff, where it all kinda sounds forced and Ed feels the need to ad lib his way through the song. Need to give it a better listen with better sound quality.
Kozworth
764 IQ
This band has been notorious for releasing b-sides to reward fans throughout the years. Hell, they even put out a double album to prove the point. My question is, and this will likely only be for hardcore PJ fans, have they had ANY b-sides from 2006's self titled album to the present?

I know they put out that Ole song and a few studio covers, but there must be some additional material from Avacado, Backspacer, and Lightning Bolt. (I also don't count the re-release of Ten as a lot of those songs were just alternate versions of released b-sides_

If anyone has any song titles or information about this, let me know. I have been digging and searching for awhile now, but it's like they just stopped.

THANKS!
soundgarden1986
vaporwave queen
1,340 IQ
earlier this year, i think two songs surfaced. just look up "pearl jam self titled b sides" and i think i download link will be there dont know if i can link the site.

and the album is more solid than i thought it would be. i think i liked backspacer more. ill give it another listen when the actual album becomes available for purchase. i wasnt crazy about the final two songs.
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer
829 IQ
New tour, practically playing in my backyard, and I feel like it's going to sell out before I can grab a ticket. If it sells out in Wrigley that fast, I can't imagine Moline.

Gone for a little while, this thread dies. Where's the love?
Johnny Doe
10 IQ
I like Porch, Even Flow, Glorified G and Gone from PJ. Have their Immagine in Cornice DVD, guy strangely plays with a Junior LP in some songs... anyway, yeah, decent band.
ehbacon
Reigstered User
2,025 IQ
Getting tix for Milwaukee

first time seeing them and I'm so psyched.

Edit: that's one of his 59's. He has the TV yellow Les Paul Jr, classic LP, and a Fender Strat.
Last edited by ehbacon at May 26, 2014,
Chispatr
23 IQ
Asking me to choose my favourite Pearl Jam songs or albums is like asking me to choose between my non-existing children. My one and only tattoo is the "Alive" logo

Each album is amazing in it's own way, but my two least favourite are Backspacer and the self titled album. All the rest are solid 9/10 albums or better.
Chaznee213
12 IQ
And where buried under this mass of songs is "Once", or "Go". It was also amazing when they did a cover of Neil Young's "****in' Up" on "Live on Two Legs"
RSGuitarTuition
200 IQ
Quote by anameli
Nothing as it Seems i love it always

This is one of the tunes that got me into Pearl Jam. I remember Binaural coming out at the time. It`s an awesome song.

One of my favourite Pearl Jam memories is at Reading Festival `06 when Eddie Vedder started playing the guitar riff to Iron Man by Black Sabbath on the ukulele.

Then the crowd all sang along with his ukulele. Was pretty cool!
Get a free copy of my eBook at Guitar Domination

If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can happen through music.
Jimi Hendrix
ines_faria
540 IQ
These guys are pushing 50 and still rock!! Always will
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer
829 IQ
Well my sister in law dropped out of going to Pearl Jam, so my bro asked me. Hell Yes.
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer
829 IQ
Pearl Jam played No Code front to back at the beginning of a 35 song set last night.