Page 358 of 358
Clive Burr has died as a result of his MS.

Really sad news, as well as being such a great drummer and important part of their early sound he was by all accounts a really nice guy.

Been listening to this concert in remembrance, so much energy and enthusiasm in those drums...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tb8Jo11uGo
Up The Boro!
My condolences.

edit: wrong time stupid question doesn't matter anyway
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Last edited by Kytokinesis at Mar 14, 2013,
Quote by severed-metal
Definitely putting on the s/t tonight.

Ah yea, how thoughtless of me. Spinning it right now.

Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

The s/t is just so damned good. I had forgotten for a while just how good it is. I need to hurry up and get Killers also

Yeah it's too bad about Clive Burr. He was a great drummer.

ron666
New album called The Book of Souls coming out September 4th. Thing is a double album and 92 minutes long, with one song 18 minutes long.

Album cover looks unfinished, or like one of their ep's. Hope the tunes are good though.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Hope it's better than the last two albums. I can't stand almost anything since Dance of Death, which was a fantastic album imo
Quote by TheChaz
good point maybe they'll kill you instead and this won't have been so bad

Quote by Eastwinn
when it comes down to it, i'm really inadequate

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I hope all Trump voters die. The last thread showed they were vindictive and spiteful people.
Sounds epic. I actually liked the style of their last album and hope they continue down that road. With an 18 minute song it looks like they probably will be.

Last one was good but the songs were a bit too long for me sometimes..but that album doesn't get too many repeat listens from me.
hoping for a good one this time..
It's been 23 years since Fear Of The Dark. Wow! It would be too much to hope at least something similar, right? Since then they're becoming more and more repetitive, with lot of songs with same structures and rythms. Of course they're not as young as in the 90's (not talking about the 80's...), but their music is not aging as well as it should, imho. But let's wait and see... and hear.
I haven't genuinely loved an Iron Maiden album since Virtual XI, so I'm not expecting anything to blow me away or even raise an eyebrow. I'm the oddball fan who enjoys the Bayley era, adores everything from TNOTB to FOTD (SIT being one of my all-time top 20 albums), loathes the Di'Anno era with a passion and will not listen to a minute of that shit, and gets bored stiff from pretty much anything BNW onwards. Yeah, the same BNW which everyone seems to love. Booooooring, I say.

With TFF I had such high hopes for a new classic as soon as Satellite 15 began, and got going on some epic-sounding proggy instrumental lushness, but then it just lapsed straight back into the same dry stuff I've heard since BNW. What happened to that amazing reverb and delay? It was fucking awesome! OK, they don't necessarily have to drench a whole album in '80s-style reverb and delay (eg. SIT), but at least give it some presence like FOTD. For a '90s album in the grunge era, it sounded 'huge'.
I liked their last album as well, but some songs really did drag on for too long, like When the Wild Wind Blows (even though I really like this tune). Others were just right like Coming Home and the Alchemist, and even Isle of Avalon.

Oh and S/T is best.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by Alarico1976
It's been 23 years since Fear Of The Dark. Wow! It would be too much to hope at least something similar, right? Since then they're becoming more and more repetitive, with lot of songs with same structures and rythms. Of course they're not as young as in the 90's (not talking about the 80's...), but their music is not aging as well as it should, imho. But let's wait and see... and hear.

That made me feel old. I still have Fear of the Dark.... on cassette! There were about 3 killer songs off that one, and the rest average, IMO. I think they have been getting better and better though. I'd probably rank Final Frontier second..... right behind Seventh Son.