Page 2 of 2
Zamboni
is moist.
2,792 IQ
Originally posted by `NeXxuS`
if ur talking about what i said.. that was for zamboni... hes the progressive one... and i said he was conservative.

g0od 1 do0d!!1!

Oh, and by the way, you're only making yourself look like more of a fucking douchebag than you already are by quoting Corwinoid in your sig, thinking that you're making him look stupid. What you quoted by him is exactly right. But nice try...
Punkarse
UG's Sarcastic Vigilante
25 IQ
Wow, this is a fun thread. And pointless, also. Cor answered the question in the third post: the best way to work out the key is to listen to the cadences. Where the piece resolves to is the home key 99.9% of the time (and that .1% refers to atonal music)

The last chord is the root chord about 95% of the time, which is good odds. All tonal music contains a resolution of some sort somewhere in the piece. That's why it's tonal.

Originally posted by Zamboni
And to Corwinoid, is a Neapolitian 6th not a variation of a Phrygian II with a lowered second degree?

The Neapolitan 6th is the first inversion of the major chord on the b2 (bIIb), an is a common way to modulate down a semitone

Modulating from C major to B major: G7 - C (which is the bII in B major) - F#7 - B. But obviously elaborated on.

How did that relate to this thread, though?
The above user has physical deformities, which make any crude, sarcastic or offensive comments actually the fault of the threadstarter. Honest.
JmP's Evil Picnic (you know you want to...)
Last edited by Punkarse at Jul 25, 2005,
Zamboni
is moist.
2,792 IQ
Originally posted by Punkarse
The Neapolitan 6th is the first inversion of the major chord on the b2 (bIIb), an is a common way to modulate down a semitone

Modulating from C major to B major: G7 - C (which is the bII in B major) - F#7 - B. But obviously elaborated on.

How did that relate to this thread, though?

Ahh thank you very much Punkarse. And, I can't really remember how it related, but I think someone was talking about it earlier on in this thread.

Thanks for clearing that up though.

-Mike
Punkarse
UG's Sarcastic Vigilante
25 IQ
^^It's Ok, it's my fault for not reading the thread thoroughly enough. :bink:

Bink? What's a bink?
The above user has physical deformities, which make any crude, sarcastic or offensive comments actually the fault of the threadstarter. Honest.
JmP's Evil Picnic (you know you want to...)
Punk as atticus
Shreddin' Legend
727 IQ
^ who cares and stick to the subject
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix
`NeXxuS`
The Moor
416 IQ
Originally posted by Zamboni
g0od 1 do0d!!1!

Oh, and by the way, you're only making yourself look like more of a fucking douchebag than you already are by quoting Corwinoid in your sig, thinking that you're making him look stupid. What you quoted by him is exactly right. But nice try...

you... are... a loser.

and im quoting that because its ridiculous to insult his song-writing ability... he wrote some of the greatest thrash songs ever... im speculating here but im guessing Corwinoid isnt a fan of Thrash metal... nor are you, judging by your love of hardcore... but dimebag was un-equalled in writing thrash songs.

and btw, you are being conservative by saying that you cant find the key of a song using your ear.
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
Last edited by `NeXxuS` at Jul 25, 2005,
Corwinoid
UG Monkey
435 IQ
^ I didn't say it's something I like or dislike, I didn't say he was a bad guitarist, I didn't say a lot of the things you think I implied with that comment.

Musically, 'good' can be actually quantified. And frankly, it doesn't matter how likable or pleasant something is, that doesn't make it good music.

It doesn't lesson my respect for him as a person, or for his acheivements, or skill on guitar, and yet taken out of context that's exactly what your sig implies. Bah, to hell with this right now, I'm eating.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club