Page 144 of 144
mr. broken
Lord Anonymous
124 IQ
Again, sorry for bumping this thread yet again, but this time I at least have some info.

I did some digging around and there are only 2 possibilities regarding the new album. From all the info I found and the interviews etc... it all suggests that the album is either completely or partially recorded. So it does exist, but the reason why it's not being released are unclear.

No. 1)
Coming in fall 2012, titled "The Path to Naught". This was printed in the January(?) edition of Decibel magazine. No other info was posted. Also, a post on Ibanez official fb page from February 22, 2012 stated: "Tak Hosono, Ibanez Custom Shop Manager, working on a new Falchion custom with Muhammed Suicmez of Necrophagist in the office today...." And there were pics of Muhammed checking out the guitar posted.
Also, someone from fb messaged Sami and got this back: "Regarding Necrophagist I can't say much, unfortunately -- I'm under a contract which prohibits me from sharing any inside information. I know the lack of updates has been gaining strange proportions, but I *can* say that I personally think the songs are great and that you're unlikely to be disappointed once the album finally presents itself."

This is pretty much all the info that "confirms" the album and the release date, I could find. No official posting whatsoever anywhere.

And here is the second, IMO more believable, possibility:

No. 2)
Not going to happen. Reasons for this are too many to name. Let's just start by saying that there isn't an official page anymore, no official update or news posting since like 2009 or something, haven't toured since 2009 I think, no one has heard a word from Muhammed in the last couple of years etc... Now I've also stumbled across this: http://metaldelirium.net/supergroup-alert-featuring-members-of-obscura-sadist-and-necrophagist/ So we can pretty much say Romain isn't in the band anymore. Also, someone on fb contacted Romain and received back this:
"hi,

I don't know if there will be any new Necrophagist album...
Since apparently, nothing have happened for 2 years...
Plus, no information from my side neither.
Really sad as well, but not depending on me.

Sorry about that.

Romain"

Also, I just found out Stephan Fimmers (bassist from necro) joined Pestilence in February 2012. So I guess he's out of the band also?

That's pretty much it. No more info from Necro, no info from Relapse, nada. Now, take that as you want it. Obviously even the band "members" don't have a clue what's going on, so I don't expect any type of official news release or anything for us either. Either he won't release the album or he will _eventually_ and then what? Start searching for band members for touring? Man, this dude can't keep anyone in the band...
Anyway, to sum things up: pretty much everything we knew already, so just go on with your lives and move on to other bands, these guys clearly don't give a shit.

Just one more thing; what is strange to me is how on Earth can Muhammed be endorsed by Ibanez without even playing live for the last 3 years, let alone putting out any kind of material? Maybe I should email Ibanez if they want to endorse me also
Riffmast
Sperm Of Andychrist
300 IQ
Mormon's are known to be very ascetic and hermit like.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

coman664
10 IQ
Muhammad has said in a couple of interviews from 2007 to 2011(?) that he is writing new material and that the album was 75% complete. It seems that the band members themselves are getting mad over the release date of this new album too.
SirBiggithBrian
Hail Caesar!
147 IQ
Amazing band, they where actually the 1st metal band i ever seen, they were supporting Cannibal Corpse in Ireland.
Being good at something is no substitute for being devoted to it.
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?
1,160 IQ
Necro have literally spent the last 5 years saying "it'll be done by next year". Everyone needs to stop giving a shit, because nothing they do is going to be even half as interesting as the hype has made it out to be. Better to just drop your expectations now and forget they exist.

Also, I'd like to register my own personal grievance with Muhammed's bullshit. Dude IS signed to a major (metal) label, has had half a dozen guitars made for him, been talking the album up in every interview from '07-'10 and he hasn't done a damned thing. Pretty sure they haven't toured in nearly 2 years now. This is Michael Keene/Wintersun levels of horseshit.
Geldin
150 IQ
Agreed. And what makes it worse is that Necrophagist's music isn't all that great. It's got some neat technical stuff going on and the players are all excellent. The trouble is that they seem to think that we'll forget that if they stop going full bore at all times.

Magero, do you feel the same way or similarly about this band as you do about The Human Abstract? Because literally every criticism you've brought up about the instrumentation and songwriting in THA's music seems to be equally relevant to this band.
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?
1,160 IQ
Eh. Little from column A, little from column B. From a technical stand point, I don't think Necro are that impressive, as spending 5 years looking for the most "intense" forms of tech death/core have made me pretty used to widdly widdly. However, they are a big influence on my writing when it comes to riffs, as Necrophagist tend to use very Psycroptic style "groove" riffs in amidst the technicality. If you really listen to the emphasis on the note placement, it's about the swing and flow more than constant streams of notes.

Howeverhowever, after 5 years of hearing every band who sucks off Necro, I really couldn't give two shits if they ever put out more material. I've seen them live, they're decent, and they've done two albums of tracks that I still enjoy from time to time. They don't need to keep existing.
Geldin
150 IQ
Epitaph has never done it for me. I prefer Onset, but that isn't really saying much. When I'm in a tech death mood, I tend to like Gorod's Leading Vision a lot more.
pwnadgebunny
92 IQ

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
coman664
10 IQ
I heard somewhere that Muhammad has been having problems with Relapse Records and apparently has two full albums written and is just waiting for Relapse to rip up the contract so he can move on. Please don't quote me on this, I read it as a comment on the Extreme Unction video on YouTube.
coman664
10 IQ
True. Whoever posted the comment said that it was from someone in the band Cryptopsy, who is a friend of Muhammad. It is a perfectly legitimate reason to delay the album(s) in my opinion because Relapse wouldn't support Necrophagist on their first U.S. tour, leaving Necro to pay for almost everything, luckily ticket sales were really good. It looks like Muhammad is pretty much waiting for Relapse to rip up the contract.
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
30 IQ
If Necrophagist come out with a new album, then I demand that the album cover be some hyper-realistic representation of a mutilated Slowpoke.
Geldin
150 IQ
Quote by Morphogenesis26
If Necrophagist come out with a new album, then I demand that the album cover be some hyper-realistic representation of a mutilated Slowpoke.

2/10

Would not f.uck
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
30 IQ
Quote by Geldin
2/10

Would not f.uck

How about Muhammad ****ing said Slowpoke?

It represents how he doesn't give a damn about time, and is also flipping off the entitled middle class of the world who want their media now.

Vittu0666
UG Board King
70 IQ
Quote by progbass
People are still hyped about the supposed new album?

+1

I'll admit though, I have forgotten about Necrophagist, so if they did release their new album, I'd buy it a lot sooner than I would Time I.
sound-byte
Merry Fistmas
30 IQ
this makes me very sad. not even keeping the other guys up to date at all? ugh
did he not learn his lesson from chinese democracy?
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
King ofKumbucha
Gore not Core
317 IQ
There are so many bands that have been influenced by Necrophagist that are doing it better at this point I don't really get why anyone anticipates this album anymore.

Just listen to Spawn of Possession's latest masterpiece. Should make you forget all about them.
Vittu0666
UG Board King
70 IQ
Quote by King ofKumbucha
There are so many bands that have been influenced by Necrophagist that are doing it better at this point I don't really get why anyone anticipates this album anymore.

Just listen to Spawn of Possession's latest masterpiece. Should make you forget all about them.

+1

Spawn of Possession ftw. Obscura as well.
ctfod
Your move, creep
348 IQ
I love the direction Muhammed Sanchez is taking the new material
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
290 IQ
I had no idea Muhammed has been spending the last few years perfecting his Spanish.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
BlueAltitudes
The Virtuoso's Brother.
30 IQ
Don't take this as absolutely true but I have word from a friend of mine that knows someone who is a very good friend with Muhammed. This other friend lived in Germany for a while and that's how he got to know Muhammed Suicmez. Anyway, he said that Muhammed is busy with studying Engineering. I don't remember if he said he is going to college/university for it (I would assume so...) but I'll get back to you all on this.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
ctfod
Your move, creep
348 IQ
Really? Because my girlfriends sisters aunts mexican housekeepers son in laws cousin says that Muhammed came to him for spanish and singing lessons and it certain sounds tres bien so far.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
rg_metal
The Clit Commander
230 IQ
That was a brutal track though, you can't deny that. And all of those dive bombs and screams in Spanish... just absolutely soul raping.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Godly Moose
Co-Producer Speed Weed
266 IQ
Well, it did take Cynic 15 years to release a new album. Maybe there is some glimmer of hope in our future after all.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘