xrawrockkillsx
Im Back Baby!
3,551 IQ
hey what are some bands that use the feedback? im studying the usage trying to see how to use the feedback effectively... i know that hendrix uses it... and actually weezer does too but im looking for more
seljer
UG Resident
1,381 IQ
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
Trey Anastasio/Phish (gets going into infinite type sustain, just download some Phish concerts)
Slash (sustain going into feedback in a couple of places)
Last edited by seljer at Dec 12, 2005,
misfits385
Scanned
283 IQ
Vai.
Quote by utsapp89
CRUSHING
SLAMMING
BROCOLI!
Face it, t3h MG mini-stack pwns your face.
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
Sonic Youth
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
812many
3,332 IQ
um, we probably not talkin about teh same type of feedback, but bleach by nirvana, that whole cd
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
bassmo_part2
UG Freak
238 IQ
Nirvana, Pixies, thousands of bands actually.
"Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" ~ Frank Zappa
DaddyBk9
DaddyBK9
236 IQ
Already mentioned but Nirvana, someone earlier said there bleach album but in utero uses it too.
When people get scared they call the cops...when the cops get scared...they call K9!!!
mim_212
MiM_212
111 IQ
does anybody know how to get the kind of feed back that 'tool' use ( that high pitched squeel and low drone ) is there some kind of pedal or something that enchances feedback or something? Im after something likeis used in the song "rosetta stoned"...
Abe
Come Here and Say That...
1,563 IQ
The Beatles were one of the first, and then so did Oasis, but if the Beatles jumped off a cliff, then Oasis probably would too.
Goon
tele on the belly
380 IQ
Was it just me or did he mean feedback as in what the fans think; ie. Critisisms or things the fans dig?

I'm not sure but as soon as threadstarter mentioned Weezer that's the way I was thinking. Rivers is constantly trying to write songs that everyone one can take on board or for the least not dislike. This usually results in some extremely mediocre music which people won't like in the first place.
STRAT811
Commander Cool
1,253 IQ
Morello, Sonic Youth, Pete Townsend
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Alucard II
In Spheres of Madness
731 IQ
Quote by mim_212
does anybody know how to get the kind of feed back that 'tool' use ( that high pitched squeel and low drone ) is there some kind of pedal or something that enchances feedback or something? Im after something likeis used in the song "rosetta stoned"...

its hard at times to know how Adam gets some of the noises that he does out of a guitar. apparently a lot of his guitar pedals are heavily modified tho, so that could have something to do with it.

EDIT: also, i dont know how often he does it, but Adam has been known to plug into his minimoog. i've seen him use it on Triad; seemed to give him instant feedback. i'm assuming oscillation was involved!
Last edited by Alucard II at May 26, 2006,
Derigiberble
UG's Prosthetic Vagina
2,308 IQ
Jeff Beck is the master of feedback.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
MrSusanHorse
32 IQ
Oh mannnnnnn.......
Sunn O))) are the undisputed kings of feedback
165 IQ
Earth and Drcarlsonalbion (the frontman's solo project)

Most bands in the drone genre, really. (Boris, Sunn O))), Khanate etc.)