Page 88 of 88
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
2,988 IQ
they took down the title track at the link i posted, you can now hear it with lyrics here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmLxOQzkoC0
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
2,988 IQ
I like it a lot. guitar production sucks though and those lyrics...wtf
Last edited by illuminatiano at Jan 28, 2014,
Ironic Maiden
Holes instead of eyes
1,303 IQ
title track is way better than The Lions Roar. That was awful.
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
2,988 IQ
yeah the lions roar is just bad imo
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
2,988 IQ
new album is out there
Pandaphagist
UG's Roger Klotz
224 IQ
Jet propulsion disengage.

Quote by Xiaoxi
^I love your username
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,905 IQ
Pretty much everything after The Lion's Roar is good. I can't help but feel like this is a step down from TIA though.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
2,988 IQ
Some songs are very different from anything from TIA and more in the vein of their retraced EP and whatever but I think the mixture works well and they've progressed well as a band. Just wish the production was a little less rattly on the ears. a little bit of clipping at parts
travislausch
UG's Haibane Renmei fan.
6,506 IQ
It's funny, when I started writing more proggy metal pieces, I took a lot of influence from Cynic, but I had softer vocals and way fewer growls. But their music has changed into almost what I am doing based on what they were doing. I'm not saying they consciously sought my music out to copy it or anything, but it's kind of a neat coincidence. Funny how those things pan out.
I can't help wondering things like "What's Bob Dylan doing now? Is he at home, eating a big bowl of corn flakes just like I will, later on when I return back home?"
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,905 IQ
I'm sure the new album will grow on me. It took months before I went back to CBA and enjoyed it. One thing is certain. The title track is fantastic. Moon Heart Sun Head is awesome as well.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
travislausch
UG's Haibane Renmei fan.
6,506 IQ
Looking back in the thread, I don't really get all the hate for The Lion's Roar. It's not like Cynic has never written in a major key before (King Of Those Who Know mainly in E major, for instance), and Paul's singing kind of suits the tone. Hell, it suits the major key better than minor, I kinda wish they did more songs like this once in a while. I like their minor key stuff as much as the next guy, but this is not a bad song.
I can't help wondering things like "What's Bob Dylan doing now? Is he at home, eating a big bowl of corn flakes just like I will, later on when I return back home?"
Keth
Contrapunctalist
488 IQ
Anyone else here who bought Aeon Spoke's 'Nothing', which would get your name in the liner notes of the new album? Because I can't find my name in the liner notes..
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,905 IQ
Quote by travislausch
Looking back in the thread, I don't really get all the hate for The Lion's Roar. It's not like Cynic has never written in a major key before (King Of Those Who Know mainly in E major, for instance), and Paul's singing kind of suits the tone. Hell, it suits the major key better than minor, I kinda wish they did more songs like this once in a while. I like their minor key stuff as much as the next guy, but this is not a bad song.

I didn't like it the first time I heard it, but I continued listening to it because it was new Cynic material, and we made our peace eventually. I don't love it, but I don't think it is dog poop.
Quote by Senor Kristian
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by travislausch

I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that, when just heard outside of the context of the rest of the album, people were going, "Wtf is this?! It doesn't sound like Cynic!" By itself, I really don't think the song works well. But people want teaser songs, and labels want singles. The label/band management probably decided "The Lion's Roar" was most "friendly" or "easy to listen to" or something other bullshit thing, with a total lack of understanding of what Cynic fans like to hear as teasers.
ManInTheBox14
In lesbians with you
100 IQ
That riff in "The Lion's Roar" is one of the best parts of the album. Anyways, this is pretty solid, though not as great as I'd hoped it'd be. Everything from "Infinite Shapes" through "Holy Fallout" is the best part, though I like the beginning a lot more than I did on the first listen. Kinda wish they'd just go full-on with those almost-catchy vocal melodies in the first few songs though.
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
2,988 IQ
i just cant stand the chorus of lions roar
Pandaphagist
UG's Roger Klotz
224 IQ
I think my biggest issue is the lyrics.

Compared to everything else in Cynic's catalog, the just seem bland and nonsensical. I'll give True Hallucination Speak a pass since I suppose those lyrics are supposed to seem bizarre and such, but the rest... meh.
Jet propulsion disengage.

Quote by Xiaoxi
^I love your username
ctfod
Your move, creep
1,105 IQ
I got the album yesterday, and it's rather banging. I would prefer it if Tymon was still involved for counterpoint guitar and harsh vocals, and if the production was up to the standard of TIA (though with the amount of bass it already has) but it's still a pretty rad album. Infinite Shapes is probably the best track on the album.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
travislausch
UG's Haibane Renmei fan.
6,506 IQ
Quote by eazy-c

Happy for them that the response so far has been positive. Can't forsee that happening here, but hey.
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Quote by progbass
Just saying this lends credence to the Chuck Paul secret lovers thing, but now we also get Sean thrown into the mix. Who was Chuck really gay for?

The plot thickens

Sanitarium91
Night Dreamer
1,592 IQ
Taking a jab at learning Jason's How Could I -solo. Aside from being an amazing solo, this is a really good alternate picking etude.
ctfod
Your move, creep
1,105 IQ
Quote by Sean Reinert
It is with a heavy heart that I post today's CYNIC news. CYNIC is no longer an active band. Due to artistic and personal differences, the second chapter in the ‘BOOK OF CYNIC’ has come to an end.

I will say the last shows we played in JAPAN have left me with a positive charge, even though they were the last live performances with Paul, Sean Malone & I on the same stage. My longstanding creative partnership with Paul, which started when we were very young kids in south Florida, has simply endured so much friction that there is no way, from my perspective, that CYNIC can be salvaged, repaired or kept afloat by any means.

I profusely apologize to the fans who were not only expecting us in China & Taiwan (that was not our fault), but to the fans who were planning to see us in Europe next month. These things happen, unfortunately, to bands. There can be differing levels of conflicts and/or differences in opinions, musical directions, or perspectives. Sometimes these things are insurmountable, and no amount of time or effort can resolve them. This is the case with CYNIC.

This page will stay up, and of course there are our respective personal pages and websites that will continue to let everyone know what we’re doing individually.

I wish all of you love & peace.

-Sean

Time to go and kill myself, then
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
ctfod
Your move, creep
1,105 IQ
Time to go and kill yourself
Quote by duncang

at his command
Ironic Maiden
Holes instead of eyes
1,303 IQ
Cynic just got progressively gayer since Traced in Anus and hasn't been good at all since.
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf
1,561 IQ
lol@the gay thing above, told my friend that loves Death that Chuck was gay and his response was ****ing classic "He had a lisp, **** you."
Sanitarium91
Night Dreamer
1,592 IQ
Quote by ctfod
Time to go and kill myself, then
Holy damn that's unexpected. I knew I should've traveled to Sweden when they were performing there. Yet another favorite band I'll never get to see live.