Page 111 of 111
ThrashUnleashed
stealing human bones
443 IQ
I'm going to see them in a few weeks.
It's been killing me wondering if anyone (and if so, who) is opening for them.
When I went and saw Van Halen they had Kool & the Gang opening, and that was just bizarre.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
coolioismyoword
126 IQ
They are truly one of the greatest rock bands alive, Geddy inspires so many on bass and Alex seems like a simple guitar player when his techniques over exceed many as for neil. Its neil peart NUFF SAID
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart
1,584 IQ
I dunno if anyone saw this yet but....
http://rockhall.com/inductees/nominees/rush/

Quote by darkstar2466
Shit it's been a long time since I listened to Rush. It's a shame I don't have an amp and speakers yet, cuz I have a beautiful Dual/United precision German engineered record player from 72. I've got Permanent Waves, 2112, Moving Pictures, and Signals original prints on vinyl. Used to play it on my old roomate's player... good times. It's probably gonna be another year before I can bump Rush on vinyl again.

But I just threw on a Rush playlist for old times sake, so

Where do you live and when are you not home?
Last edited by CodeMonk at Oct 10, 2012,
watson503
14 IQ
The Necromancer, The Fountain of Lamneth, 2112 Discovery, etc. , Xanadu, Jacob's Ladder, A Farewell to Kings, Cygnus X-1 and Hemisphere's side 1, The Camera Eye, Witch Hunt - all excellent songs and favorites of mine. I really did not like much post- Grace Under Pressure although I did see them several times in the 80s-early 90s - Geddy went way overboard with the keyboards and their direction changed, but it seems as if they are back-on-track with their latest. One of the greatest bands of all time and Lifeson is way underrated in my book.
TheUltimateSin
Guitar Padawan
510 IQ
Quote by watson503
One of the greatest bands of all time and Lifeson is way underrated in my book.

I agree that they're really good as a band, not so much about Lifeson however =/

I mean, to me anyway, I really don't think he's done anything particularly spectacular for guitar-work that would deem special attention that he is not receiving. Don't get me wrong, I do still think he is an excellent musician though; the man can play.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart
1,584 IQ
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I agree that they're really good as a band, not so much about Lifeson however =/

I mean, to me anyway, I really don't think he's done anything particularly spectacular for guitar-work that would deem special attention that he is not receiving. Don't get me wrong, I do still think he is an excellent musician though; the man can play.

I begrudgingly agree with you here. Sort of.
I do think Alex is highly underrated, and Rush overall may be an "acquired taste" for some.
Jimmy Page made me want to pick up the guitar.
Alex Lifeson made me want to keep going at it.
ThrashUnleashed
stealing human bones
443 IQ
Very excited to be seeing them in a few weeks, I heard they've been playing all of 2112 as the encore.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92

Quote by yope
ThrashUnleashed
stealing human bones
443 IQ
Quote by TheUltimateSin
^They've been doing parts I, II, and VII

Ehn, still pretty cool.
Quote by GuitarGod_92

Quote by GuitarGod_92

Quote by yope
Crazed Shredder
Sheik Yerbouti
1,195 IQ
Quote by TheUltimateSin
^They've been doing parts I, II, and VII

Well, better than just parts I and II I guess...I guess. That would be sweet if they played 2112 all the way through again.
The tour is notable for featuring a string ensemble, marking the first time the band has toured with accompanying musicians aside from opening acts
This is interesting
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
TheUltimateSin
Guitar Padawan
510 IQ
Quote by Crazed Shredder
Well, better than just parts I and II I guess...I guess. That would be sweet if they played 2112 all the way through again.

Yes; but since they've been doing it just for the Encore, you'd think that would be rather lengthy,no? Eh...oh well. I haven't heard anything discouraging about the show.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Crazed Shredder
Sheik Yerbouti
1,195 IQ
They should do 2112 in full after the intermission, like what they did with MP on the last tour.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Chalama123
Banned
10 IQ
Why are women more likely to rush into an elevator before letting other passengers out?