Page 93 of 93
Gotta say, I've been listening to ...Like Clockwork a lot recently. It's really growing on me. I Sat By the Ocean might be one of my favorite Qotsa songs.
that's unfortunate

however, i get to see them in 17 days

barring some sort of accident

well, barring death
i miss the old kanye
I know that this kind of talk is sort of irrelevant, but i'm just gonna put it out there and say i really ****ing love Mike Shuman on bass, and prefer him to Nick. I always notice when i am listening through proper speakers how good it sounds when he cuts loose.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Sep 21, 2013,
Quote by Primus2112
that's unfortunate

however, i get to see them in 17 days

barring some sort of accident

well, barring death

hahahahahhaaahhahaha

i'm starting to get sick and the show is tomorrow

if i can't see qotsa tomorrow night i will break many things
i miss the old kanye
Don't be a pussy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Saw them in Charlotte, NC a few weeks ago, I was so freaking close to the stage, not in the pit but still really close, it was one of the best shows I've ever seen, He really knows how to soak up an audience and play off of them. The band that opened for them had some spray painted lawn flamingos on stage and gave them to the audience, and near the end of QotSA set the audience threw some of the flamingos on stage, Josh caught one and said "Leave it to Charlotte to be the place with black ****ing ducks in the crowd," he tossed one back stage and said in the mic quietly, "later I'm gonna **** that duck for you guys," that whole band is so awesome.
Yeah, I saw them last night man. Shit was insane. I think Better Living Through Chemistry was the highlight of the night, such a fuking cool and epic version of it. I'm pretty disappointed that I Appear Missing wasn't on the set though.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by Primus2112
I am now sick. This is fucked up.

Sick, Sick, Sick?
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Siksiksik was gr8 live
Quote by ErikLensherr

I liked it. The two band performance videos were shot gorgeously and the advertising links were cleverly placed for the most part.

It didn't run very smoothly for me, but I've got a shitty computer with shitty internet.
I couldn't get the website to work properly on my mobile, but the YT version is pretty cool. The colors in the video remind me of something I can't put my finger on. Anyways, here's the YT version for anyone else having trouble with the site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEIVlYegHx8
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
new to the forums but yeah, a QOTSA thread was the first thing i looked for on this. Absolutely love those guys, seen them live two weeks ago and it was the best night i've ever had!
Yeah im watching it
Quote by ErikLensherr

They skipped Millionaire, Hanging Tree and In The Fade. Not impressed.
That interactive video rocks the hell out of it.

PS: Is there any website where a non uk can watch it?
They did? Idiots. In The Fade was great when I saw them. Better Living Through Chemistry was probs the highlight.
Quote by ErikLensherr

In The Fade and Hangin' Tree wouldn't be the same without Lanegan anyways.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
In The Fade and Hangin' Tree wouldn't be the same without Lanegan anyways.

Lanegan is ****ing amazing. If there's one thing I'm thankful for (besides them making awesome music), it's that Qotsa has helped everyone realize how ****ing awesome Mark Lanegan is.

Y'all should check out Screaming Trees if you haven't.
Quote by iwannabesedated
Lanegan is ****ing amazing. If there's one thing I'm thankful for (besides them making awesome music), it's that Qotsa has helped everyone realize how ****ing awesome Mark Lanegan is.

Y'all should check out Screaming Trees if you haven't.

Indeed. His solo albums are excellent as well (start with Field Songs, which is mostly acoustic-backed, and Bubblegum, which is mostly electric-backed). Also excellent are his albums with Isobel Campbell.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Got to see Queens again last night. Second time in a year I've seen them and still no I Appear Missing, which I'm gutted about. Even more gutted that a few months ago they had Fun Machine in their set list and have dropped it since.

But yeah they played In The Fade which was a nice treat, the piano at the start really through me. Josh was pretty animated and funny, I'm guessing having his wife with him (support band) is always nice.
Quote by Teh S'moore
While I love all their albums in their own special ways, am I the only one that thanks Rated R (esp. the Deluxe Edition) is their best album? In The Fade, Quick and to the Pointless, Feel Good Hit of the Summer, I Think I Lost My Headache, Ode to Clarissa, Better Living Through Chemistry, and Lightning Song are all especially fantastic songs.

Their first is their best, hands down. Other albums were good but none had the amount of good songs as their first album. They went on a tour recently playing the entirety of the first album and it was awsome. No other album of their's they can play the whole thing.
I attended their concert 2 months ago. They had a cool set of songs, the sound was great, but the drumming was what amazed me. It was so freakin powerful. They had amazing energy and the concert was great, even though I was a bit disappointed bc they didn't play I'm Designer, In The Fade, Everybody Knows That You're Insane(I don't know if they even play this song live, but I still hoped) or River In The Road(Not sure about this song too lol).
You think that sucks? Try seeing Kyuss and they don't play Demon Cleaner
Really wish I could have caught them in LA... I saw them in Phoenix the night before and they were absolutely phenomenal, but it would have been so cool to see Oliveri to perform with them.
So here was the set list:

Keep Your Eyes Peeled
Feel Good Hit of the Summer
The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret
My God Is the Sun
Smooth Sailing
If I Had a Tail
Little Sister
Someone's in the Wolf
The Vampyre of Time and Memory
I Sat by the Ocean
Make It Wit Chu
Regular John
No One Knows
Go With the Flow

Encore (w/ Nick Oliveri):
You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, but I Feel Like a Millionaire
Quick and to the Pointless
Auto Pilot
Another Love Song
Gonna Leave You
A Song for the Dead

an absolutely incredible night. so this was my first time seeing queens of the stone age and jfc they do not disappoint. as soon as they got to feel good hit, the venue filled with smoke . I'd like to be more descriptive, but simply put, it was mind-blowing. and oh my god, the encore was killer.
Jfc that encore

All that's missing there is well, I Appear Missing. Still gutted they didn't play that when I saw em