Page 5 of 5
sg_man08
70 IQ
I'm not sure what to think of this band
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Steve08
Lord of Battery
81 IQ
Nah, it definitely isn't. If it was programmed I'm like... 95% sure I could tell just based on the snare sample alone. And while the drumming is tight, it doesn't have that perfectly quantized mechanical precision that you get with programming.

I have to say I haven't listened to this band much, I have Fas but it hasn't sunk in yet really. Perhaps it will in time. The first Obombration is awesomely sinister, though.
Riffmast
Sperm Of Andychrist
300 IQ
Yeah it's an odd chance, but it is amazing what you can do with drum machines these days. I personally do feel it's organic though. I usually prefer my metal bare boned, but DSO do their weird style so well, just sounds like a good Orthodox BM band with allot of innovative ideas, especially on Fas.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

darkstar2466
Fly, you fools
10 IQ
I don't play electric anymore, as I'm back at my parents' place for a year, but I did end up playing an acoustic progresion while humming something random, and I shat my pants at what came out. So here it is - I tabbed it out for you guys. Pretty much been playing this nonstop, as it is fun^infinity. Thanks, Deathspell Omega, for the awesome sequence of notes!

E|----1-----------1-----------0-----------0--------|-------------------------------------------------|
B|-------3-----------3-----------1-----------1-----|----3-----------3-----------3-----------3--------|
G|----------2-----------2-----------2-----------2--|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|
D|-------------0-----------------------0-----------|----------0-----------0-----------0-----------0--|
A|-0-----------------------0-----------------------|-0-----------0-----------0-----------0-----------|
E|-------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------------|

E|----6-----------6-----------5-----------5--------|----3-----------3-----------3-----------3--------|
B|-------6-----------6-----------5-----------5-----|-------3-----------3-----------3-----------3-----|
G|----------0-----------0-----------0-----------0--|----------0-----------0-----------0-----------0--|
D|-------------0-----------------------0-----------|-------------0-----------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------------------------|-------------------------0-----------1-----------|
E|-6-----------------------5-----------------------|-3-----------------------------------------------|

E|----1-----------1-----------3-----------3--------|----0-----------0-----------0-----------0--------|
B|-------3-----------3-----------3-----------3-----|-------1-----------1-----------1-----------1-----|
G|----------2-----------2-----------0-----------0--|----------2-----------2-----------2-----------2--|
D|-------------0-----------------------0-----------|-------------0-----------------------------------|
A|-0-----------------------------------------------|-0-----------------------0-----------3-----------|
E|-------------------------3-----------------------|-------------------------------------------------|

E|----0-----------------------0--------------------|----0-----------------------0--------------------|
B|-------3--------3--------------3--------3--------|-------3--------3--------------3--------3--------|
G|----------2--------2--------------2--------2-----|----------2--------2--------------2--------2-----|
D|-------------0-----------0-----------0-----------|-0-----------0-----------0-----------0--------0--|
A|-0--------------------0-----------------------0--|----------------------0--------------------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------------|

EDIT: I'll leave the song unnamed for your fingers to play, recognize, and enjoy. It's meant to be finger picked!
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Nov 27, 2011,
maddnotez
70 IQ
Deathspell are GREAT!!!!! So different from alot of other "black" metal bands.

The 3rd of the trilogy is so unique, very very dark. Depressing, not heavy at all which is what I usually go for but something grasps me to where i cant stop listening.

I think they just went all out experimental and got really good at it.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Burning_Angel
Valar Morghulis
250 IQ
^ You're retarded.

Paracletus is plenty heavy. And not depressing at all.

And really, aside from the surface, dissonant aesthetic they arent that different from standard Black Metal [especially Orthodox BM]. Although over time they've gotten less similar, what they were doing on SMRC for instance, isnt too too far from early Immortal.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Riffmast
Sperm Of Andychrist
300 IQ
I think Fas was quite ambitious personally,not even sure if i would call them BM at that point, but i still love that record.Allot of stuff that out of context would just be fluff, but i find it really works well.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Burning_Angel
Valar Morghulis
250 IQ
Fas I give you.

But it seems an exception rather than a rule; definitely their most ambitious, and also their most unorthodox. Paracletus though? Experimental to some degree, I guess, but for the most part? Eh.

Not to say it's not good though - Paracletus got me into the band, and is still probably the only of their albums I listen to much at all.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
270 IQ
New EP announced for June 22nd release entitled Drought.

“Drought” has the sour taste of the inexorable; it is a musical journey through the last moments before disaster hits. This recording displays some of the most lethal song writing ever witnessed from the band while retaining their unmistakable sound"

Tracklist

1. Salowe Vision 03:45
2. Fiery Serpents 04:15
3. Scorpions & Drought 03:10
4. Sand 01:40
5. Abrasive Swirling Murk 03:50
6. The Crackled Book of Life 04:20
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Peres.T.Peanut
180 IQ
I've only listened to Paracletus from these guys yet...listened to it dozens of times and still keep finding new things and I somehow always get different feelings from the songs...any idea on what album I should listen next from them?
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
270 IQ
Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
I've only listened to Paracletus from these guys yet...listened to it dozens of times and still keep finding new things and I somehow always get different feelings from the songs...any idea on what album I should listen next from them?

I would get Fas, Chaining the katechon, Kenose and Diabolus Absconditus. The latter 3 are EPs. After all those get SMRC
wandering_taco
Minstrel of Woe
20 IQ
Quote by illuminatiano
New EP announced for June 22nd release entitled Drought.

“Drought” has the sour taste of the inexorable; it is a musical journey through the last moments before disaster hits. This recording displays some of the most lethal song writing ever witnessed from the band while retaining their unmistakable sound"

Tracklist

1. Salowe Vision 03:45
2. Fiery Serpents 04:15
3. Scorpions & Drought 03:10
4. Sand 01:40
5. Abrasive Swirling Murk 03:50
6. The Crackled Book of Life 04:20

Got a source for this?
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
270 IQ

album cover of new EP :O
Last edited by illuminatiano at May 3, 2012,
darkstar2466
Fly, you fools
10 IQ
iJizd. Can't wait for this one, DSO never disappoints.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
severed-metal
mooderator
550 IQ
This band has quite literally never put out anything that has bored me or left me uninterested.

Easily one of my favourite bands, really looking forward to the new album.
Peres.T.Peanut
180 IQ
That was ****ing amazing
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
darkstar2466
Fly, you fools
10 IQ
Sounds like more of Paracletus, which I'm a big fan of.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Burning_Angel
Valar Morghulis
250 IQ
Damn that was awesome.

And Steve, I dunno, the drums sound like Paracletus' but better, to me.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
wandering_taco
Minstrel of Woe
20 IQ
Quote by billynelson89
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwUvwBSm_f7xxCgV5Ini2dw/videos

Check out my deathspell omega covers, i think hasjarl is one of the most innovative players in modern metal

Nice work man! I personally think that the band as a whole is one of the most innovative groups of musicians of today
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
270 IQ
if anybody wants a great read on lyrical/artwork analysis of Deathspell Omega:

http://smnnews.com/board/showpost.php?p=3926344&postcount=26

http://smnnews.com/board/showpost.php?p=3926345&postcount=27

sharing this cause i feel nice today, enjoy
MHDrunk
The Mad Baron
380 IQ
Listened to some of their more recent stuffs and didnt like it so much but Inquisitors of satan is a pretty solid effort
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
270 IQ
Quote by MHDrunk
Listened to some of their more recent stuffs and didnt like it so much but Inquisitors of satan is a pretty solid effort

idk i cant really say anything remotely negative about drought or paracletus theyre both 10/10 albums for me
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
270 IQ
Quote by illuminatiano
if anybody wants a great read on lyrical/artwork analysis of Deathspell Omega:

http://smnnews.com/board/showpost.php?p=3926344&postcount=26

http://smnnews.com/board/showpost.php?p=3926345&postcount=27

sharing this cause i feel nice today, enjoy

if you enjoyed reading these, there's more !

http://smnnews.com/board/showpost.php?p=3926699&postcount=61

http://smnnews.com/board/showpost.php?p=3926700&postcount=62
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf
793 IQ
Paracletus has one of my fav songs of all time

Apokatastasis Panton

Abscission is pretty awesome [well you can tell I prefer their more "melodic" stuff hahaha]
MHDrunk
The Mad Baron
380 IQ
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
Paracletus has one of my fav songs of all time

Apokatastasis Panton

Abscission is pretty awesome [well you can tell I prefer their more "melodic" stuff hahaha]

Just listened to that Apoka song and it was pretty good, in fact I sent it to my dad I think he'd even like it
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf
793 IQ
I think the note choice, the drumming and this sense of momentum it builds is just addicting; bass is pretty cool too.
Abscission's pretty interesting as well