Page 27 of 27
ctfod
Your move, creep
1,105 IQ
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Nothing has been stated about who's mixing the next Trivium album, however, David Draiman is producing the album and Colin produced the last Trivium record. He didn't outright insult either, yes, but how he stated that came off as an insult to both parties.

I don't care if people insult Trivium, but the way it came off was insulting to the band, so I called him a dickhead for it.

Whatever, though.

It doesn't matter if anything's been stated or not, Jeff is in a much better position to know why Colin quit the album than anyone else.

And they were absolutely deadly last night. Opened the set playing the entirety of Necroticism, half of Heartwork, then Ruptured in Purulence/Exhume to Consume/Gential Grinder/Psyosified and a few others, as well as Keep on Rotting. Ken stumbled out, mumbled something, shook my hand and then stumbled off which was pretty cool
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Vermintide
Leader Of The Rats
818 IQ
Quote by ctfod
It doesn't matter if anything's been stated or not, Jeff is in a much better position to know why Colin quit the album than anyone else.

And they were absolutely deadly last night. Opened the set playing the entirety of Necroticism, half of Heartwork, then Ruptured in Purulence/Exhume to Consume/Gential Grinder/Psyosified and a few others, as well as Keep on Rotting. Ken stumbled out, mumbled something, shook my hand and then stumbled off which was pretty cool

So they didn't play any new stuff?
ctfod
Your move, creep
1,105 IQ
No new stuff, unfortunately
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
severed-metal
moo
4,318 IQ
You should have said, "Hey Bill, why don't you steer the show into one of your new songs!"

and everyone would have laughed, but you missed out on that chance.
ctfod
Your move, creep
1,105 IQ
If I did that I'm sure Jeff would just Walker way
Quote by duncang

at his command
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
I guess Colin is working on the new Trivium album, so it's likely Bill was just telling the facts. I apologize for my rashness.
Vermintide
Leader Of The Rats
818 IQ
Quote by Cheeselord
I don't why anyone cares about this. Carcass only have one good album (Symphonies).

Yeah, well you know what? Your mom only has one good album.
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?
1,468 IQ
^Well **** you in the ass till you bleed out the mouth bitch

Ninja'd: Was in response to Cheeselord

Quote by ctfod
Partly responsible, but Bill wrote far more than he's given credit for on those two albums.

yes, but what are the two best songs on Necroticism, and who happened to co-write on those two songs?

What made that album great was the distinctly groovy and melodic Swedish twist, that Michael brought from his time with Carnage.

Speaking of which, Dark Recollections is a fantastic album!
Ultraussie
I have a user title now!
1,834 IQ
Who's carcass's new guitar player?
Saw him in some of the live vids
METAL!
imdeth
Masculinist
446 IQ
Am I alone in enjoying Heartwork the most over their other albums?

Can't wait for Surgical Steel

"Regarding the sound of the forthcoming CARCASS album, Walker stated: "We've taken stylistic cues from all the albums because it's in our blood, but it's no rehash or mess of ideas. I think it sounds almost like the missing link between the third and forth albums but with some groove in there. I've jokingly christened some parts 'trad blast' and some 'death sleaze'… don't think for a minute this is just some nostalgic throwback album — we're setting up another 17 years of ideas for other bands to copy and clean up on. [laughs]"
severed-metal
moo
4,318 IQ
Quote by imdeth
Am I alone in enjoying Heartwork the most over their other albums?

I wouldn't say I enjoy it the most, but I certainly don't dislike it with the fervor of some people. But it's Necrotism or Reek that tops it for me. Still haven't bothered with Symphonies, I'll get around to it.
romencer17
Take it easy, but take it
1,928 IQ
...haven't bothered with Symphonies? you sick fuck
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
severed-metal
moo
4,318 IQ
Fuck sakes, I'll just go listen to it. Bunch of syphilis riddled sodomites.
Steve08
Lord of Battery
390 IQ
Quote by severed-metal
Fuck sakes, I'll just go listen to it. Bunch of syphilis riddled sodomites.
Well, has your bloomin' onion been profoundly reamed or what?
severed-metal
moo
4,318 IQ
I liked it. I didn't blow me away or anything, certainly not like Reek did, but I can dig it all the same.

But there were some MASSIVE parts that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, like about halfway through this, where they stop the unrelenting attack and go to this beautifully crafted groovy riff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj-e0FiVuvw
Born Headless
874 IQ
Yeah but in the death metal thread. It's okay. Nothing new and nothing special from them though.
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,904 IQ
Ah, I didn't check that thread yet. I'll take discuss over there since that's where everyone seems to be anyway.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
rg_metal
The Clit Commander
2,225 IQ
Agreed. That whole album is so amazing.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean