Page 18 of 18
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
Quote by neidnarb11890
Slanted & Enchanted is my favorite album from start to finish, although Crooked Rain and Wowee Zowee have more stand-out tracks.

These are my exact sentiments. Really though the first three albums are so good there's no need to compare them.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Listening to S&E for the first time atm. Can someone enlighten me on what's so special?

When I first began listening to Pavement, I felt the same. It wasn't 'til like the seventh listen that I was like, "Damn son." But lots of people don't want to listen to an album seven times if they don't like it. You should check out Crooked Rain because it's pretty different while still being Pavementy. Lots of easy hooks and stuff.
█▐▌█▐▌
1,459 IQ
To me Pavement are like the archetypal '90s American alternative/indie band, almost to the point of being kind of generic. I mean that in an endearing way. They're still too daytimey and summery for me tho so I don't really dig 'em.
spitonastranger
Kinski Assassin
554 IQ
DGAF and Pavement are inextricable from one another. Elvis Costello is cool.
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
I've only listened to a couple Fall songs but didn't like any of them. :3
█▐▌█▐▌
1,459 IQ
Nah Malkmus isn't cute enough to inspire jealousy/envy.

I like Malcolm Mooney era Can better than The Fall, even though they are older & German. :3
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
Malkmus was the original indie hunk. Nvm, that'd be Morrissey. But SM is definitely one of the progenitors of the indie hunk movement.
█▐▌█▐▌
1,459 IQ
Quote by due 07
Malkmus was the original indie hunk. Nvm, that'd be Morrissey. But SM is definitely one of the progenitors of the indie hunk movement.

Guess I'm not any good at hunk-spotting. ¯\_(ツ_/¯
Quote by neidnarb11890
the joke was not about how cute sm is, it is about how goofy looking ms is.

i'm not stupid, tom.
gar992000
232 IQ
Easily the greatest band of the 90's... Such an amazing catalog!!

If you haven't heard Circa 1762 by pavement check it out, it's such an amazing song! it's sooo underrated. Probably because it was never released, haha.
Arbiter000
Who?
35 IQ
What's with Slanted and Enchanted? Yeah, you probably wouldn't get it at first. Pavement is the type of band where they have songs that stand out at the first listen, then you listen to their albums and find out later you'll love another song you didn't like at first. Like your taste is getting better. What makes a great band, this one is.
I never asked for the truth, but you owe that to me...
nolanwalker93
195 IQ
Pavement is incredible. Slanted + Enchanted, Crooked Rain, Wowee Zowee and Brighten the Corners are some of my favorite albums of all time.
SaulnierE
630 IQ
It keeps growing on me. Crooked Rain is such a streamlined record already, but if they could have fit a different recording of it somewhere on there without messing the flow up then to me at least, it could be as classic as something like Stop Breathin or Fillmore Jive
SaulnierE
630 IQ
I've always preferred Crooked Rain but it's also one of my favorite albums ever, so I'm probably biased.
SaulnierE
630 IQ
That makes sense, yeah. I've only been listening to them for maybe a year and a half and out of that I've only been listening to Wowee Zowee for about six months, so odds are it will grow on me. There are some great songs on it but I think that the amount of material distracts from that, that might be why I like Crooked Rain so much
kick_push
357 IQ
Fell in love with them about two months ago. Great band.
iwannabesedated
Out There
923 IQ
No one ever told me Pavement was so good.

Why is that?

Currently hooked on Slanted & Enchanted and Crooked Rain