Page 162 of 162
Gerard_xD
-
684 IQ
apparently it appeared online in 2010 and it's just reappearing now. i am 99% sure the beginning is Jesse, there's another guy too though who is more prominent in the rest of the song. maybe another project.

bifteksupernova
*thhbbbt*
683 IQ
Sounds absolutely like something Brand New would write. I've read it was a Daisy demo and was just left off. Pretty cool song tho, I liked it better than some of the stuff off Daisy.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
bifteksupernova
*thhbbbt*
683 IQ
It's grown on me a lot since I first heard it. Gasoline and In a Jar I'm still not much of a fan of, but the rest has really grown on me. Daisy is one of my favourite Brand New songs ever, such great lyrics
GoodCharloteSux
3,778 IQ
Daisy is still sooooooo bad

:p

lol, its got a couple solid songs but its just a little to experimental for my liking
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by blake1221
Daisy is soooooo goooooood

Yes. Start to finish
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Quote by bifteksupernova
It's grown on me a lot since I first heard it. Gasoline and In a Jar I'm still not much of a fan of, but the rest has really grown on me. Daisy is one of my favourite Brand New songs ever, such great lyrics

Surprisingly, those lyrics are courtesy of Vinnie, as are a lot of the lyrics on Daisy.

Quote by GoodCharloteSux
Daisy is still sooooooo bad

:p

lol, its got a couple solid songs but its just a little to experimental for my liking

How do you not get it, though? It's soooo sick and well put together. None of their songs had as much personality as these.
Gerard_xD
-
684 IQ
Daisy's good. It's cohesive and sporadic at the same time. Good walking music, too.

lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
I don't see how anyone could think that one song wasn't Brand New. It boggles the mind.
I'm an asshole.
datskramzkid
HxC Sun God
177 IQ
Daisy is awesome.

People didn't think it was Brand New because it was rumoured to be a new song which is really hard to fathom. It turns out it's an old demo, possibly from the Daisy era. I know a few people on AP said they've had it on their computer for two or three years.
Shotty you're a ten, I wait for your drunk dials at 2:30 AM
USCENDONE BENE
I want pure energy
1,743 IQ
Anyone know if there's any footage of Brand New at Riot Fest?
CrossBack7
Vicious Dog Man
993 IQ
Quote by bifteksupernova

Man, Gasoline is easily top 3 on the album for me.

On another note, 10 days till I finally get to see them live. It's only been 12 years in the making.
CrossBack7
Vicious Dog Man
993 IQ
Welp, that was pretty crazy. I can die happy now. They played Deja straight through, and while it's probably my least favorite album, it was still pretty great. The World is a Beautiful Place and Blah Blah Blah was also damn good; I'd like to see them play their own show.
Last edited by CrossBack7 at Sep 14, 2013,
lordofthefood1
A blank survey
1,710 IQ
I hate that Deja is the worst album, yet my favorite. I just don't like how it sounds.

I didn't like Daisy until I started smoking and drinking more. It's a great album except for the title track. I am still torn between the production of TDAG (clean) and Daisy (organic, maybe even harsh). I think TDAG is the best album and my second favorite.

I only listen to YFW in my car (and TAYF).
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
mr.retard
wumbology
332 IQ
Quote by USCENDONE BENE
Anyone know if there's any footage of Brand New at Riot Fest?

you probably all ready found this.

when i was there i thought of you. a while back i posted a t-shirt of garrett and you responded with something like "brand new is underrated as musicians". about halfway through the set i thought "man i haven't paid attention to the lyrics at all because everything sounds so good that uger with the brand new avatar was right".
Making your day worse so tomorrow seems better.
soundgarden1986
vaporwave queen
1,340 IQ
a friend of mine recently got me into these guys. he had daisy playing on the way back from a trip to baltimore.

it was pretty much the best thing. that one is by far my favorite. i think sink might be the best song off it, maybe at the bottom.
lordofthefood1
A blank survey
1,710 IQ
there's a lake and at the bottom you'll find all my friends. they don't swim cos they're all DEAD! I love singing along to brand new
Now say his name.....
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
I just got Your Favorite Weapon on vinyl. I love it so much
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
soundgarden1986
vaporwave queen
1,340 IQ
i wasnt really able to get all that into your favorite weapon. it wasnt bad, but none of the songs really stuck with me aside from the shower scene.

devil and god and daisy however... god damn those are good.
MinterMan22
only smells
763 IQ
deja entendu will always be my favourite <3
..::fat
lard::..
wowlace
18 IQ
I listen to Daisy and The Devil & God pretty much on repeat in my car. Can you guys guide me to some other bands that have records like these? Not that keen on Deja and I can't even listen to Your Fav Weapon, way to pop punk/cheesey for me.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Modest Mouse and The Jesus Lizard
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
wowlace
18 IQ
Quote by lolmnt
Modest Mouse and The Jesus Lizard

Thanks, any particular album/s?
lordofthefood1
A blank survey
1,710 IQ
The Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse! You can start by listening to Jesse cover Trailer Trash
Now say his name.....
wowlace
18 IQ
Thanks, you guys are alright in here. Can we talk Brand New gear up in here?
lordofthefood1
A blank survey
1,710 IQ
Quote by wowlace
Thanks, you guys are alright in here. Can we talk Brand New gear up in here?

This thread is all things Brand New

Here's a link, but it is like Deja era gear http://www.guitargeek.com/chat/complete-rig-27/official-brand-new-gear-page-63058/ . Some of it is pretty standard.

There's also a magazine article, but it is also old/dated.

I like when they use their delays more often (Jaws Theme Swimming)
Now say his name.....
wowlace
18 IQ
I actually don't really rate the tones on Deja. Too dual recto, compressed for me. Doesn't have that dynamics that TDAG and Daisy have. Daisy in particular has probably the best tones I have heard. That record is produced masterfully.

I have got close to the clean tones with a tele, mustang and a blues deville. I just haven't gotten the dirty sounds right. I love vinnies tone on Noro, towards the end when he is wigging out. The overdrive is nice an unruly.

I have been using an Ibanez Sonic Distortion, not bad for grungy hi gain. Won't really work for Brand New tones. I think my wife has got me the Charlie Brown for my Bday. Will see how I go with that one over the weekend. Sounded pretty good when I tried it instore with a kruddy guitar.

A Rat is on the list of things to get too. I gave mine to a friend 10 years ago, do you think it's too late to ask for it back?
Last edited by wowlace at Sep 29, 2013,
wowlace
18 IQ
So I listened to Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West. It's brilliant, I'm loving it. Now I'm excited because I have like 5 records to go through now.

I got the charlie brown for my bday and it works REALLY well in my setup for the tones on Daisy. It cleans up real good too. I was playing some At The Drive-In with it and it nails that post hardcore sound too. Dirty but very clear at the same time, really lets the guitar come through instead of the guitar basically being a midi controller like with some dirt pedals.
bifteksupernova
*thhbbbt*
683 IQ
TDAGARIM is being repressed on vinyl, but I just can't justify paying $60 for it. It seems reasonable enough but when I think about the other albums I could get for that much I just can't do it
USCENDONE BENE
I want pure energy
1,743 IQ
Quote by mr.******
you probably all ready found this.

when i was there i thought of you. a while back i posted a t-shirt of garrett and you responded with something like "brand new is underrated as musicians". about halfway through the set i thought "man i haven't paid attention to the lyrics at all because everything sounds so good that uger with the brand new avatar was right".

Hey man thanks for the link.

That's crazy that you thought of that, i'm flattered haha - I kind of remember saying that some time ago.
Last edited by USCENDONE BENE at Nov 6, 2013,