Page 63 of 63
I aquiesce before you and your high gain Armada.

I spent some more time w/my RK, tried some settings and stuff I saw on YouTube, and I think I got it sounding how I want finally. Settings didn't turn out to be as odd as I thought they might be, I just had to learn how to approach it. Time now for a retube.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
Anyone had any hands on experience with the Triple crown? Particularly how does the clean compare to the lonestar

Was thinking of trading my lonestar special for one due to the extra channel for tight metal stuff (usually use my lonestar for blues-rock)
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by BCKRedBaron
I aquiesce before you and your high gain Armada.

I spent some more time w/my RK, tried some settings and stuff I saw on YouTube, and I think I got it sounding how I want finally. Settings didn't turn out to be as odd as I thought they might be, I just had to learn how to approach it. Time now for a retube.

Try boosting with Koko Boost Reloaded. You'll thank me ; )
Paroxysm
It certainly sounds great with my modded Tubescreamer. I've never had a chance to play with a Koko Boost. A guy who works at the local music store here has one. How does it compare to the typical Tubescreamer-type OD?
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
It doesnt cut the bass unless you wanted it. A switch (left, center, right) to choose three modes and I always left it on the left. The center kinda thin it out too much for my taste and turning it to the right adds too much bass (or low mids) for rhythm but could be alright for leads. Always felt the rectifiers just needed enough (higher) mids to tighten it up without cutting out the bass.

Thats for the Reloaded version; never try the original one but if the left position on the Reloaded is like the regular in that regards then you would love it.
Nice!

My babeh at the moment

I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Hey guys, im thinking of buying a mini rectifier and was wondering if any owners could share their thoughts on the amp? I played it the other day in the store and it sounded great!
Cheers
I'm looking for a portable head that I can take to any giggs I have after work in London  (along with a pedalboard, and maybe a cab depending on venue backline)

Seriously looking at the Mark V 25. Only thing that is holding me back is maybe the headroom, and that the 35 has solo boost which is handy.
Also how is the cab clone? In theory I could just bring the Mark V head, a guitar and my board and just go out straight to the PA right. This would be a super portable solution. 
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
I'm looking for a portable head that I can take to any giggs I have after work in London  (along with a pedalboard, and maybe a cab depending on venue backline)

Seriously looking at the Mark V 25. Only thing that is holding me back is maybe the headroom, and that the 35 has solo boost which is handy.
Also how is the cab clone? In theory I could just bring the Mark V head, a guitar and my board and just go out straight to the PA right. This would be a super portable solution. 

Headroom isn't an issue, that Mark V 25 is VERY loud at minimal settings. Solo boost may still be worth it but with the two channels I set both dirty with one as my lead channel, so I don't need it.

As far as the CabClone, it sounds decent, but I have only used it with headphones. Others have said that it isn't too great compared to other devices made strictly for the purpose of DIing a tube amp (some Two Note products come to mind...) but it will probably be down to how you EQ and who's running sound.
Quote by dementiacaptain
Headroom isn't an issue, that Mark V 25 is VERY loud at minimal settings.  Solo boost may still be worth it but with the two channels I set both dirty with one as my lead channel, so I don't need it.

As far as the CabClone, it sounds decent, but I have only used it with headphones.  Others have said that it isn't too great compared to other devices made strictly for the purpose of DIing a tube amp (some Two Note products come to mind...) but it will probably be down to how you EQ and who's running sound.

Thanks that is helpful.

Most of the gigs I'd hopefully be mic'd anyway so that negates any clean headroom issues 80% of the time.

I'd probably have to set up 1 channel clean, use pedals for mid gain/rhythm and 2nd channel for lead so can always set that channel louder (but I do use the solo boost on my lonestar quite abit despite this tbf)

Yeah I've heard mixed things about it which is why I asked. I'd only use it as a last resort probably (if the venue/other bands didn't have a cab I could borrow, or if I couldn't manage to bring a cab with me on the tube).

Ideally I probably want to go for the 35, but the extra weight and size of it (despite it still being reasonably small) is really pushing me towards the 25
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
The 35 does have the larger transformers which mean its probably a bit more clear and powerful on the low end, but I don't find that lacking on the 25 (YMMV).

Is your clean sound such that rolling down the guitar volume would be good enough? Even on higher gain settings, channel 1 cleans up nicely with the volume and tone knob at play.

I have coil splits on one guitar and a series/parallel scheme on the other, so I can switch to the lower output pickup selection, ease off the guitar volume and usually coax whatever clean sound I like. Of course all of this depends on what you need for your rig.
I recently picked up a TC-50 combo. While the eq parameters are just plain weird, I absolutely love it! 
Quote by DeadHeart7
I recently picked up a TC-50 combo. While the eq parameters are just plain weird, I absolutely love it! 

If you are up for it, we would all love a full write-up! Haven't seen many so far.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
JP2C for sale on Rig-Talk $2K

Wish I could snag this

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=189776

I mean, couldn't you grab a 2c+ for cheaper?

I never really got the double graphic EQ on those things. I mean if you gave me one I'd use a JP2c but yeah...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I mean, couldn't you grab a 2c+ for cheaper?

I never really got the double graphic EQ on those things. I mean if you gave me one I'd use a JP2c but yeah...

I haven't seen a IIC+ for under $3k in a while. Honestly I'd rather the JP anyways for the separate channel controls. Also I'm a fanboi but we will ignore that
So I've been thinking about getting a mark iv and I've heard the lead channel is pretty amazing (but r2 maybe not much so), and something I am wondering, is it doesn't really seem possible playing rhythm and switching to a lead tone, but maybe I'm wrong (maybe use the GEQ or something?). With the dual rectifier you get two separate channels of high gain and you can set them independently.