Page 215 of 215
Fearless(Times)
Jumper
365 IQ
I don't know if anyone heard John Mayer's playing on Frank Ocean's new album, both on White and Pyramids. You guys should check it out. White is super tasteful.[it's instrumental]
talk to me
and i better not hear a word
do me baby
i better not feel it girl
i still got one bullet left in my nine
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

lovecrimes -- frank ocean

Tumblr
laid-to-waste
...BlTCH
1,731 IQ
wow, i'm listening to SRV's Texas Flood for the first time, and oh dear god i hear so much john mayer in his style it's unbelievable, it's as if john mayer just replicated his voice

i love them both though
carmour
243 IQ
Quote by laid-to-waste
wow, i'm listening to SRV's Texas Flood for the first time, and oh dear god i hear so much john mayer in his style it's unbelievable, it's as if john mayer just replicated his voice

i love them both though

Take a listen to the original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50RjCGVPhbA
carmour
243 IQ
Ah ok. Yeah Mayer is definitely hugely influenced by SRV especially in his solo blues stuff. Lots of Hendrix influence in his rhythm playing too.

Those influences go back to Albert King, Johnny Guitar Watson, Guitar Slim, T Bone Walker and for the rhythm, Curtis mayfield, Ike Turner, Steve Cropper and other R&B/Soul fullas
ColdGin
Look Ma, No Tonic !
67 IQ
Quote by carmour
Ah ok. Yeah Mayer is definitely hugely influenced by SRV especially in his solo blues stuff. Lots of Hendrix influence in his rhythm playing too.

Ha ha ha. No kidding ?
Found a few weeks ago under the carpet of my trusty old Honda an old unlabelled K7 lost maybe 15 years ago. Cool. Just love relics that pop out time to time from the past.
Slapped it in the K7 player, and .... Whoa! John Mayer ? Naaah ... impossible!
Gotta to be the Ghost of John Mayer, then. So much for originality.

Anyways, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_Wq2lKv4oo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEApFkpH02Y

All along this path I tread
My heart betrays my weary head
With nothing but my soul to save
From the cradle to the grave.
Last edited by ColdGin at Aug 16, 2012,
werty24
129 IQ
if you want modern blues listen to the white stripes or black keys
roushsn95
21 IQ
I like some of his stuff. I have more respect for him now than I did a few years back when I thought he was just another MTV douche product. He proved to be legit. He's talented. The SRV and Hendrix influence is pretty profound.

He had one hell of a band a few years ago with Pino Palladino and Steve Jordan. For me, that's when his street cred went up and I knew he was legit. I was watching them on youtube playing Jimi Hendrix's "Wait Until Tomorrow". Killer version! Pretty funny watching the reaction of these little teeny bopper girls as the band was killing it. The lamest crowd I've ever seen. They had no ****ing idea what was going on.
chea_man
no more record deal
1,689 IQ
im a huge fan of his playing, but not always a huge fan of all his songs.

with that said, i dont understand why some people imply that he isnt doing the music he wants to. quite frankly, he is succesful enough now that if he just wanted to do stuff in the same genre as Try!, he would.

and quite frankly, though im not a big fan of his earlier bubble gum pop albums, if i could write songs like that, i would!
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
SimonJames
167 IQ
the live at abbey road recordings are excellent. Believe and Gravity are awesome tunes, his custom strats sound face-meltingly good!