"Avantasia (The Metal Opera) is a symphonic metal project created by Tobias Sammet, vocalist and frontman of the power metal group Edguy."
Tobias has announced that he'll be working on new Avantasia material. It should eb amazing. Go here, to Tobias' official site for the confirmation: http://www.tobiassammet.com/
Does anyone like the band? It's amazing, really worth checking out. I can't find any links to the music though.
Last edited by Embodiment at Feb 19, 2007,
Really like their music...try last.fm to hear some of their stuff, that's how I discovered them.
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
Love this band also and I prefered part II over part I.

Definitely has a good sound and I like hearing all the collaborations.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Avantasia and Tobias Sammet (and Edguy) kicks some serious assssssss!
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Can't wait for new stuff.

Avantasia ia a must have for anyone into Flower Power Metal
I really dig these guys. Metal Opera - Part One is a great album. Farewell is such an amazing song.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
I used to listen to these guys aaaages ago. Haven't listened to them in ages.

Awesome stuff. I prefered part 1 to part 2.

Reach Out for the Light, Breaking away, The Tower = Epic win (from what I remember). My Fave song on Part 2 would probably be The Final Sacrifice. That was probably the heaviest song on the whole two albums as well lol.

Funny thing is, they used over 10 different vocalists on the project, and I couldn't tell the difference between any of them lol (except for the female singer of course).
roar
the new album released in 2 days!!

alright it already leaked a while ago, but I'm gonna wait for the official release

The new album "The Scarecrow" is awesome! It features loads of great guest musicians.... I mean, the ****ing elite of power metal... Jorn Lande and Michael Kiske (who does an exceptional job) and also "the" Alice Cooper makes an appearance! But what's great about the album is the songwriting. I've truly underestimated Tobias Sammet in everyway! Didn't know he could write such epic stuff. And his singing is great too.... I command each and everyone of you in the metal forum(and the universe) to go out and buy this album!

The title track is pure genius!
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Last edited by Joey Radical at Feb 8, 2008,
Devil In The Belfry is one of the best power metal songs ever, the new album is great!

In my opinion the new album can not touch the older stuff. It's just a bunch of song with Tobias Sammet with some guest vocalist here and there, it doesn't form a whole like the older albums did. Besides that I think he is trying to hard not to be a standard powermetal writter which he is.

On the other side Jorn Lande and Roy Kahn are my favourite vocalists so their contribution is great to hear.

I still think his songwriting and those great vocalists could be much better.
I'm listening to The Seven Angels and had to bump this.

Avalon + Fantasia = epic power metal band
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
We are the seven, Judgement of Heaven, why don't we know? We are the angels
Since revelation, Soul castignation, Fire will burn us awayyyyy~

Avantasia ftw... =D
NADS.
i love metal opera pt.1 what exactly is the story to it, i read the lyrics online, but i can't figure it out
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
Probablly one of the best power metal bands...

I wish they would go on tour somewhere around me though :/
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
I heard part 1 and part 2 just recently. They were both good, but I liked part 2 a little better. I have a question--I noticed a few metal bands a going the "opera route." Is this a new trend in metal?

ron666
Hell yeah, Avantasia. Good bump. Can't wait for the new stuff in 2013.

Quote by ron666
I heard part 1 and part 2 just recently. They were both good, but I liked part 2 a little better. I have a question--I noticed a few metal bands a going the "opera route." Is this a new trend in metal?

ron666

You can sneeze and hit 10 or 20 bands that people claim are "metal operas" like Epica, Sirenia, Nightwish, etc. Having orchestration and operatic vocals doesn't make it a metal opera. The combination of that and multiple singers playing the roles of different characters in an over-arching plot or theme is what I consider a "metal opera."
Last edited by Kytokinesis at Jan 15, 2013,
The Scarecrow trilogy provided me with enough Jorn to last a lifetime. I really hope he doesn't play an integral role on the new album.
Supposed new album cover revealed:

Supposed track list
01. Spectres
02. The Watchmakers' Dream
03. Black Orchid
04. Where Clock Hands Freeze
05. Sleepwalking
06. Savior In The Clockwork
07. Invoke The Machine
08. What's Left Of Me
09. Dweller In A Dream
10. The Great Mystery
thanx for the links
I really like the first 2 albums, hope this one will be a great one!
I really really like this album. I've always been kind in-between with Avantasia and only liking the metal operas but recently I listened to Angel of Babylon and now this, I can't get enough. Scarecrow and Wicked Symphony are still super meh though.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Of the Scarecrow trilogy (The Scarecrow, Wicked Symphony, and Angel of Babylon), Wicked Symphony is the closest in style to the Metal Opera pt. 1 & 2. If you like the Metal Opera albums I don't see why Wicked Symphony wouldn't be appealing.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?