Page 65 of 65
Quote by jakegrape
quick question, not sure if its been answered in this thread yet but I aint going through 128 pages to find out

I stripped my strat body down to bare wood, and I need a wood filler of sorts to fill in some gouges and deep scratches.

Im not going to be painting the guitar, maybe a stain and then clear coat, but my question is what type of wood filler would be best for this?

thanks in advance for any help!

It's prudent to use clear grain fillers if you want to stain or do a natural finish. There are a bunch available from most big box DIY stores. There are also stained fillers if you have an exotic body wood, etc. I like the water-based ones.
Quote by Ippon
It's prudent to use clear grain fillers if you want to stain or do a natural finish. There are a bunch available from most big box DIY stores. There are also stained fillers if you have an exotic body wood, etc. I like the water-based ones.

Miniwax makes a stainable filler from what I learned yesterday. I'm only using filler in very small spots, so i think that with a slightly darker stain than the wood currently is, the filler wouldn't be to noticeable.

is my thinking wrong here? I ask only because I'm learning as I go here

Anyone used the minwax stainable wood filler?
2014 Fender Classic Players Strat (60th anniversary reissue)
2011 Ibanez Prestige JC1750
Fender Frontman 212
Laney GH120
Marshall MGDFX 100
Pedal stuffs too