Page 126 of 126
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
I've come close to buying stuff from Jim Laabs. Boss-assery aside, decent place to buy from or no?

(Given the story, I'm thinking no.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
twisty571
622 IQ
Quote by dannyalcatraz

Not that some of would want to....if I did it would be sold
89' Gibson SG Special w/Super D's
G&L ASAT Classic Dlx

Powerscreamer>Algal Bloom>Mean Machine>Yellow Drive>
T-Rex Phaser>Reverberry>Flashback>

Randall RVC5>1x12 w/ET-65
Jet City JCA20 Combo w/Vet. 30
ebroderick96
21 IQ
Slightly OT, but does anyone have/have tried a Chapman ML3? Looking to get a tele but I've heard good things about the guitar, and it's a toss up between that or a MIM for similar price and I'm wanting single with stacked: so a trad ML3. Can anyone give me a low down or recommendations?
Les Paul Studio 2014
Cube 40GX
Soon to be expanded hopefully
K33nbl4d3
ayy shakira shakira
3,354 IQ
Quote by ebroderick96
Slightly OT, but does anyone have/have tried a Chapman ML3? Looking to get a tele but I've heard good things about the guitar, and it's a toss up between that or a MIM for similar price and I'm wanting single with stacked: so a trad ML3. Can anyone give me a low down or recommendations?

No experience with any Chapmans, but have you checked out G&L? Their ASAT models are Telecaster-style guitars designed by Leo Fender, really cool stuff (in fact, in making that suggestion I made the horrible mistake of considering that maybe I want a G&L ). Another option to consider would be the top end of the Squier range - lots of people consider the Classic Vibe and Vintage Modified models to be on a par with the bottom of the MIM Fender range (I tend to agree) and the savings would probably be enough to put your pickups of choice in there.
ebroderick96
21 IQ
Quote by K33nbl4d3
No experience with any Chapmans, but have you checked out G&L? Their ASAT models are Telecaster-style guitars designed by Leo Fender, really cool stuff (in fact, in making that suggestion I made the horrible mistake of considering that maybe I want a G&L ). Another option to consider would be the top end of the Squier range - lots of people consider the Classic Vibe and Vintage Modified models to be on a par with the bottom of the MIM Fender range (I tend to agree) and the savings would probably be enough to put your pickups of choice in there.

Just had a look, I'm from the UK and distribution seems to be limited shame seeing as it sounds pretty nice from the videos I saw comparing it to an American standard. That's why I was asking about Chapman, the owner is friends with one of the bigger distributors for UK wide delivery, so getting access to one is less bother.
Les Paul Studio 2014
Cube 40GX
Soon to be expanded hopefully
K33nbl4d3
ayy shakira shakira
3,354 IQ
There's always Thomann for G&L, you can't try them out beforehand but I seem to remember they have a very good returns policy.

The trouble with Chapman is that they may well produce nice guitars, but I think a lot of people are put off by the fact that 99% of the publicity seems to come from Rob Chapman himself. That's not at all meant to discourage you - it just means that there are relatively few experienced players on here who have significant experience with the brand.
Ippon
Amped
1,526 IQ
Found one of the old Mahogany Squier Teles withe H bridge and S neck PUs that MF/GC closed out for $70 a few years back. I think I'll install the Motor City Black Belt (sounds amazing with high gain through Greenbacks) I found and maybe refinish.
K33nbl4d3
ayy shakira shakira
3,354 IQ
Quote by Ippon
Found one of the old Mahogany Squier Teles withe H bridge and S neck PUs that MF/GC closed out for $70 a few years back. I think I'll install the Motor City Black Belt (sounds amazing with high gain through Greenbacks) I found and maybe refinish.

Neat, any plans for the neck pickup? Pics needed, of course
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Woof!

alhaq369
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
Bought a Chopper T for the bridge of the esquire-that-is-no-longer to match the Super 58. Excited. Should arrive in a couple days.

Quote by EyeNon15

N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
Dream Theater Fanboy
285 IQ
Quote by K33nbl4d3
There's always Thomann for G&L, you can't try them out beforehand but I seem to remember they have a very good returns policy.

The trouble with Chapman is that they may well produce nice guitars, but I think a lot of people are put off by the fact that 99% of the publicity seems to come from Rob Chapman himself. That's not at all meant to discourage you - it just means that there are relatively few experienced players on here who have significant experience with the brand.

Since they are made by the same people in the same factory as PRS SE and LTD 1000 series you can expect similar build quality and overall goodness from those brands, and can probably apply your opinions from those to Chapman.

A thing I like to point out as Chapman seems overly keen on saying they are "made in the same place as PRS and ESP" and conveniently misses out the SE and LTD parts.
My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
Squier Stratocaster (modified)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ

Quote by EyeNon15

K33nbl4d3
ayy shakira shakira
3,354 IQ
Nice mug

I might've been confused, but wasn't there going to be something in the neck position of that Esquire?
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Yeah- the mug.

alhaq369
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
It's hidden under the pickguard.

Quote by EyeNon15

H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
Stealth esquire? Nice.

Whats in the neck
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Stealth esquire? Nice.

Whats in the neck

A Super 58 I stole from an 80's Ibanez Artist. Super hot sounding, needed to mellow it up.

Quote by EyeNon15

JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
I have a custom made, local Luthier Esquire and a Tribute ASAT Special.

I use the ASAT more.

What's wrong with me?

Quote by EyeNon15

dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
There's no shame in that.

alhaq369
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
Quote by JustRooster
I have a custom made, local Luthier Esquire and a Tribute ASAT Special.

I use the ASAT more.

What's wrong with me?

Nothing.

Its not who makes it at the end of the day.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.