Page 2 of 2
In my opinion the DiMarzio X2N is a very good alternative heavy-Pickup if you wouldn't install EMGs.
If actives are OK, then take the EMGs
Wow.

You know, I think that the dates of posts should be made a lot more clear.

How people even find this stuff is still a mystery to me. Even more of a mystery why they choose to post.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Even more of a mystery why they choose to post.
Because people are ****ing idiots.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Nafzger
Well, if you want to play actual metal, the answer is DiMarzio. EMGs and Seymour Duncans both suck, but they're good if you're into playing ****ty music.

I play a Schecter Damien Elite-7 and the EMG 81-7 and 85-7 are beastly soooo, suck it. I've played some Ibanez with DiMarzio Super Distortions and was not impressed... Although the clearity when you play pinch harmonics is incredible, they don't have a "full" sound in my opinion.
Gear:
Schecter Damien 6FR DYI Gold Custom
Schecter Damien Elite-7
Ibanez GAX30TR
Ibanez GSR200
Ibanez TB150H
Ibanez IS412CA w/Eminence Metal Kit
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo w/Eminence Swamp Thang
Quote by M3talGuy
Metallica is using EMG's. so have you tried some of their songs with EMG's?? they're using 81's and 85's or 81's and 60's if i remember.

What the hell man, it must of took you hours to dig through all of those dead threads to find this and resurrect it. Why?
HOLY BATMAN NECROBUMP

well, I just did a search on google for "best pickup for metal" because I wanted to combare JB/59 to EMG and Dimarzio, and I got this result. i guess some people just dont see the age of the thread before they post.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Duncan's and EMG's dominate metal. The only differnce between this is that EMG's are muddy and Duncans' are awesome. If you want heavy pickups get active blackouts.
What kind of Seymours? Single coil Humbuckers? Or Active?

I like the tone that Blackouts give. Also, EMG 80/61 I wanna say is the combo Jim Root uses and it sounds sic as ****
thread is 3+ years old...and already been necrobumped a year ago...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Well IS almost Halloween, so seeing posts come back to life shouldn't be a surprise?
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Page 2 of 2