Page 257 of 257
H4T3BR33D3R All of my strings except the high E make fret buzz, fretted and opened. When some frets are played on certain strings, fret buzz is noticeable and sometimes it's a little bit to where I can't completely hear it unless I'm close to my guitar. Also, when I fret certain frets, I can hear a vibration coming from the body of my guitar in the key of E.
You could try raising your action in that case.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R Thank you for the suggestion but I have overall decided to take my guitar to a luthier and just get these issues off my mind. I think it would just be a better choice for me.
Thats not a bad idea. Good luck with your guitar
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Hello everyone, I've been absent from the forum for awhile but I had a quick question. I'm getting an SG with a Maestro soon and was wondering if there's anything in particular I need to know setting up the trem or the guitar in general. I know Vibrolas have a reputation of not holding tuning very well but this has always been my dream guitar and I want to be able to at least reasonably have it play in tune. Will I be able to take off all the strings when get the guitar to clean it and such? I don't really know how Vibrolas work and this is gonna be my first guitar with a trem. I'll make a NGD thread once I get it with plenty of pictures.
Is 2mm too high for action? I measured the distance between the 14th fret of the low E string and the bottom of the string itself. I know my action is not set at 2mm, but if I adjust it to 2mm, my strings would be very high from the fretboard.
Tony Done I know action is based on preference but if you see my picture here of the action on my guitar, if I were to set it up any higher, 2mm would be too much.

(Invalid img)
Tony Done I may be, the parts with the numbers are cm? It says MM on it, so I'm assuming that it's only measured in mm and not cm.
EDIT: Never mind, I think I did confuse myself.
Last edited by SB-130 at Sep 30, 2017,
SB-130

Yeah, the numbers are cm. It is a bit confusing because the major divisions on the imperial scale are inches, which is how they would be marked.

Those markings aren't good. On my 6" ruler the big metric divisions are marked 10, 20 and so on, which really are mm.
Tony Done Oh yeah. I see what you mean. Well, I can interpret in mm now but how do I measure, for example, half or 0.3mm? 
As in for checking neck relief?
The ultimate setup is PLEK!
Call a mechanic , cause here comes the BREAKDOWN!
I stripped the screw hole of my hardtail bridge (Ibanez RG421). The screw goes right through. How can I fix this? Should I get another bridge?
 Hi, I have a question about two guitars. My dad's Gibson LP Custom 57'  reissue and my 100 LP 100. I like really like the feel of my dad's  guitar, partly because of the setup. Is there anyway I can maximize the  playing on my guitar with proper setup techniques? If so, what are some  bang for the buck techniques that are  easy to do? I change my strings  regularly, and clean and polish the fretboard. But I know nothing about  tuning the bridge etc.                 
What means nothing for you, means everything for me
Quote by Robinton
 Hi, I have a question about two guitars. My dad's Gibson LP Custom 57'  reissue and my 100 LP 100. I like really like the feel of my dad's  guitar, partly because of the setup. Is there anyway I can maximize the  playing on my guitar with proper setup techniques? If so, what are some  bang for the buck techniques that are  easy to do? I change my strings  regularly, and clean and polish the fretboard. But I know nothing about  tuning the bridge etc.                 

You can improve the playability with re-setting up the guitar to as good a level as the guitar will allow you to. If your guitar has uneven frets for instance, you're not going to be able to get a nice low action without lots of buzzing. Given that the LP100 is a pretty cheap guitar, I wouldn't expect the frets to be very level. One of the ways that manufacturers can sell guitars cheaper is by not spending as much time getting the frets perfectly leveled, crowned and polished. It's a case of 'you get what you pay for'.

Assuming that the guitar's frets are perfectly level, then yes you can get the guitar playing way better with a good setup, and because you're doing this yourself, you're doing it for free. You can't get more bang for your buck than that.

I'm not going to go into depth about how to actually set a guitar up though, as it would be pointless to type out when you can find the same answers in 10 seconds with a google search.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee