Page 208 of 208
Hello people! What you think about Klein Pickups on Fender Stratocaster? I have 50s custom shop pickups by Fender, but now, i want new sound from my strat.
Quote by gregs1020
do they make creaking sounds when you use the trem bar?
I don't have the trem arm. I bought it from a guy
Quote by catman458
I don't have the trem arm. I bought it from a guy
So what weird sound does it make?
Quote by K33nbl4d3
So what weird sound does it make?
I don't know, I play it and sometimes it can be heard (I think it's from the springs)
Quote by catman458
I don't know, I play it and sometimes it can be heard (I think it's from the springs)
Well it's very difficult to get anything from that, to be honest If it's a rattle, most likely it's from grub screws in the bridge or the pickup springs. The former can be fixed with loctite, the latter I imagine can be muted but I'm not sure what the usual method is. If it's like a reverb effect, then probably it is the tremolo springs. In that case, if it bothers you, you can mute those springs with foam, or you can buy noiseless springs.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Well it's very difficult to get anything from that, to be honest If it's a rattle, most likely it's from grub screws in the bridge or the pickup springs. The former can be fixed with loctite, the latter I imagine can be muted but I'm not sure what the usual method is. If it's like a reverb effect, then probably it is the tremolo springs. In that case, if it bothers you, you can mute those springs with foam, or you can buy noiseless springs.
Thanks
Here she is, my first and only Strat <3

It would be rude of me to brag about getting a brand new* Strat for £185, so I won't mention that.

Love the color!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by BRISTOL86
Here she is, my first and only Strat <3

It would be rude of me to brag about getting a brand new* Strat for £185, so I won't mention that.

It's a beautiful colour on your stratocaster, and I'm glad you weren't so uncouth as to mention that you bought it for 185 pounds.
Last edited by waxbytes at Dec 13, 2016,
no but i'd love to.
Quote by catman458
gregs1020 I don't have the trem arm. I bought it from a guy

some people put strips of foam (the elastic kind, not the white stuff that falls apart and looks like snow) inside the springs so they don't vibrate and cause sound. jake (justrooster) posted a strat vid a while back with that helpful tip in it. it's on youtube called "5 things you didn't know about a stratocaster" or some such. search a few there's one that will sort that kinda thing.

and go to a store and try some trem arms, get one that fits, you need it.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 16, 2016,
I've seen the Jazz Bass version. Looked awesome, I'd love to see a Strat.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
Always were a Gibson fan. Till the day a cousin played Yngwie Malmsteen's Far beyond the Sun. I was hooked on Fender Strats from then. It's like the AK47 of guitars. Timeless, unique and virtually indestructible when it comes to sound.
Quote by dannyalcatraz

I'll do you one better, I've played one. A buddy of mine had one in black back when we were both starting out. He foolishly traded it away for a Gibson SG Faded (we were young, he didn't know!), but while he had it that was a sweet playing axe. Haven't seen one since, especially for how cheap he got his (around $300 if I remember correctly).

That red looks very nice.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by Werner232
Always were a Gibson fan. Till the day a cousin played Yngwie Malmsteen's Far beyond the Sun. I was hooked on Fender Strats from then. It's like the AK47 of guitars. Timeless, unique and virtually indestructible when it comes to sound.

excellent comparison!

the AK47 of guitars. i like that a lot.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
Quote by JustRooster
I've seen the Jazz Bass version. Looked awesome, I'd love to see a Strat.

Those are the MIJ Fender Aerodyne Strats and Basses. I have the Red and White Strats with PGs; but, here's the Black model sans PG (7.3 pounds!):

The Aerodyne Tele has a P90 neck PU ... can't find the pic right now.

Here are my Aerodyne JBasses:

Here's the PBass I'm modding:

Thinking about upgrading the neck and pickups on my Squier strat, both to make 1) not shit, ,and 2) vintage-y.

Thoughts?

No idea what I'm doing btw. Was gonna buy this neck

http://shop.fender.com/en-US/parts/necks/vintage-style-%E2%80%9950s-stratocaster-soft-v-neck---maple-fingerboard/0991002921.html#prefn1=instrument-type&prefv1=Stratocaster&cgidx=parts-necks&start=1

And then either fender 50's pickups set or a SD set. Most work I've done on a guitar before is swap out the humbuckers and floyd rose on my Peavey.
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
What's your budget? Are you seeking a certain tone?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Just a regular ol' SSS strat tone. I haven't established a budget yet, but on the cheaper side.
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
I dunno about "cheaper", but it's hard to go wrong with something from Lace's Sensor line. (As I recall, @$75-80 per.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
dannyalcatraz

Lace do make really good pickups, some of the best I've ever heard. I'd like to get a MIM strat and put a set in.
Martin D-16GT
Takamine EG523SC
'17 Gibson Les Paul Standard
60s Gibson Les Paul Tribute
'16 Fender MIA Stratocaster
Blackstar HT-1R
Marshall DSL5c
Judo, I think it does.

alhaq369
SSL1s are nice if you can stretch to them, dreadnought.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc
SSL1s are nice if you can stretch to them, dreadnought.

Those are among the SD's I was looking at.

I have about 300 dollars right now of gift money, so I suppose that's my budget. But I'm not set on doing everything all at once.

I can't stand the neck, so I think that's the first thing I'd replace. Hoping the stock Squier strat pickups aren't too terrible.

I just wish the body wasn't sparkly black

But that could look pretty cool with a yellower maple neck (like the Fender vintage model seems to be) and aged-white pickups.

I'm still brainstorming this tbh
$300? Consider these makers:

Vintage Vibe
http://vintagevibeguitars.com/windows/singlecoilWin.html

Rio Grande
https://www.riograndepickups.com/sets

Lollar, The Creamery and especially Wilde are also quite worthy of consideration. My uncle has some Bill Lawrence pickups in his #1 gigging Strat, and they're sweet. Wilde is Bill Lawrence's current company (much like G&L was Leo Fender's company post his exit, there is a Bill Lawrence pickup company using his designs).

TV Jones makes singlecoils, and based on the quality of their HBs, I'd expect them to be good...but maybe not stratty enough.

alhaq369
Now I'm tempted between a handgun modification kit and my fender neck

They're both about 200
An immoral person would tell you to modify the handgun and use it to steal the guitar neck.

alhaq369
I just ended up putting the EMG DG-20 in my Sienna Burst strat. Normally I am not an EMG fan but these are fairly versatile. So far I am a pretty big fan.
Gibson DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24 and Mira, Fender MIA strat, HWY1 tele, ESP LTD EC1000
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, EVH 5153 2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
Quote by Dreadnought
Those are among the SD's I was looking at.

I have about 300 dollars right now of gift money, so I suppose that's my budget. But I'm not set on doing everything all at once.

I can't stand the neck, so I think that's the first thing I'd replace. Hoping the stock Squier strat pickups aren't too terrible.

I just wish the body wasn't sparkly black

But that could look pretty cool with a yellower maple neck (like the Fender vintage model seems to be) and aged-white pickups.

I'm still brainstorming this tbh

yeah i mean if you swap the neck and the body...
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?