Page 206 of 206
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
Quote by cliff_em_all
Hello all, I'm currently considering a '79 anniversary (the silver ones, not the hard to find white)

The '79 is way to far away for me to try on a whim. I know that the '79 anni's have a 4 bolt plate for the neck which would (hopefully) fix the tuning stability of the 3 bolts. Can anyone confirm or deny this with real world experience? is it true how awful the 3 bolts are? Some say dreadful, others say fine! Basically it's either this or a used CS strat!

The 3 bolt pattern was fine and it didn't cause tuning instabilities or was inferior to the 4 bolt. What was inferior was the construction and QC of those 70s Fenders. I'd say that's more indicative of issues of the era than a missing screw.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
romeozdistress
2,590 IQ
Mine is on the way
Fender American Special Stratocaster (EMG KH20)
Ibanez VBT700
Randall Diavlo RD5H
Peavey Vypyr 112 (WGS Veteran 30)
Boss SD1
Big Muff Pi

Squier Chris Aiken Precision Bass (EMG GZR)
Ampeg 108B
cliff_em_all
2,963 IQ
Quote by Ippon
If I had the scratch for a CS, CS please.

It's still a lot of saving, but some used ones come around at an OK price! I honestly imagine that a nice strat and a nice humbucker loaded guitar is it for me on the guitar front (much bigger fan of amps and pedals) so I'm justifying laying down £1500+ on a guitar as a "Well this is it" buy. Also on the fact that it should hold value better, meaning once you're in the circle of high end instruments, you can move around in it without coughing up a load of cash every time.

And thanks for the advice on 70's guys. I might wait until one close pops up in nice condition for now!
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Ippon
Amped
1,526 IQ
Quote by cliff_em_all
It's still a lot of saving, but some used ones come around at an OK price!

1. I honestly imagine that a nice strat and a nice humbucker loaded guitar is it for me on the guitar front
2. (much bigger fan of amps and pedals) so I'm justifying laying down £1500+ on a guitar as a
3. "Well this is it" buy. Also on the fact that it should hold value better, meaning once you're in the circle of high end instruments, you can move around in it without coughing up a load of cash every time.

And thanks for the advice on 70's guys. I might wait until one close pops up in nice condition for now!

1. Yes, for now.
2. If you need it, you must find a way
3. Good luck with that.
romeozdistress
2,590 IQ
Heres mine. Her name is Esmeralda. American Special loaded with a emg Kirk Hammett pickguard.

Fender American Special Stratocaster (EMG KH20)
Ibanez VBT700
Randall Diavlo RD5H
Peavey Vypyr 112 (WGS Veteran 30)
Boss SD1
Big Muff Pi

Squier Chris Aiken Precision Bass (EMG GZR)
Ampeg 108B
Last edited by romeozdistress at Jun 23, 2016,
Shredx
Inuendo King
736 IQ
Just got a guitar shop to order down their other LSL Strat, for me to A/B test this weekend. I'm super excited - the pre owned model I tried is amazing, and comparing it to a new CVST which has locking tuners and noiseless pickups. Likely I'll get one of the two at the weekend...goodbye money.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Shredx
Inuendo King
736 IQ
Sorry for the double post but its worth it!

http://imgur.com/a/KRxEd/all

Check out my new strat
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Shredx
Inuendo King
736 IQ
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Looks great! But how does it sound?

Better than it looks. Its not the prettiest of strats imo but just blew all the fenders and suhr strats I have tried (without going to like the £2500+ Custom shop models). Only strats that have got close to this one have been pretty old. It's just a very well made new 'vintage' guitar
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
2,050 IQ
Was curious how my modded squier would handle drop C, so whipped this shitty improv together to see. Kent Armstrong Powerblade in the bridge, i think it handled it nicely!

Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
Fiesta Red anyone?

Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
K33nbl4d3
ayy shakira shakira
3,333 IQ
Quote by gregs1020
Fiesta Red anyone?

Dammit, I was ready for a gorgeous '50s Strat

Looks great, even if it's an inferior choice of guitar
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Quote by gregs1020
Fiesta Red anyone?

Now you can play the Jimmy Page version of "La Cucaracha" and "The Mexican Hat Dance"!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 18, 2016,
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
it is inferior, i agree. it needs a p90 neck pup.
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
Vampire_State
Bloodsucker
660 IQ
How about my main guitar, a partscaster, started life as a Spectrum Strat I bought at a thrift shop for $20. The only original things are the body and neck. Hot rail in the bridge, Fender pickups (covers removed) in the neck and middle, Fender machine heads, the bridge plate is off a Cort, the saddles are from an Ibanez, the bridge block is out of a MIM Strat. As for the stickers, I play in a hardcore punk band, so.

In action:

Cry yourself to ash
Last edited by Vampire_State at Jul 18, 2016,
sjones
UG's Analrapist
2,068 IQ
Looks like the Super Stacker personality card for my Deluxe Plus should arrive today. Looking forward to seeing what I can do with the in-series tones of positions 2 and 4.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.