Page 207 of 207
Quote by gregs1020
green has more mids, 2 tone bursts have less mids. that's all i know about that.
Shell pink has built in spring reverb.
Olympic white is kinda icepicky.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Come on guys, be serious here. Finish doesn't help tone. It hurts it. That's why relic'd guitars cost so much, they charge you for the extra tone from the finish they removed.

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
dannyalcatraz
You know with colours like that they'll ace the classic Fender tones Very nice! Could be tempted if I hadn't already lined up substantially more guitars than is reasonable (two).
Shoot, I'm no fan of SSS guitars in general, but those 2 are on my watch list right now, along with a Bill Lawrence Strat.* I've tried out that model before, too. Sweet ergonomics.

* you might recall this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bill-Lawrence-Gold-Sparkle-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-w-hard-case-12-8/321893129454?_trksid=p2055119.c100022.m2048&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122153519%26meid%3Dec1c8b777e874e5faf3a91da199d433e%26pid%3D100022%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D291797993258

alhaq369
What have we done in this world to deserve Burgundy Mist? It's just so beautiful.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
Schmexxxy.

alhaq369

alhaq369
Quote by JustRooster
What have we done in this world to deserve Burgundy Mist? It's just so beautiful.

'62 pg with maple, blasphemy.

dannyalcatraz

that's cool as hell, the rising sun strat with the p90 bridge!
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
Last edited by gregs1020 at Nov 18, 2016,
gregs1020
A rosewood fretboard killed my parents.

Quote by EyeNon15

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
Bought another project. Swapped out for two N3 Noiseless and a Dimarzio super distortion and locking tuners. Got rid of the gross black pickguard for a 3 ply white one. Black guards on anything but Sunburst looks like it's immature to me. It's one of the dark blue/gray Satin finish MIM's that had a run back in the mid 2000's.

It's got a hole I cut in the PG a while back for a toggle switch. I think I may order a P-rail and split it in the bridge.

Quote by EyeNon15

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
I bought a American Made Strat w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails, S-1 Switching (not totally sure what that does), hard case and Cube 30 amp for 370.00. I think good deal.
Attachments:
Strat.pdf
Last edited by GeddyLeeee at Nov 23, 2016,
Got a Squeir Strat but hoping to get a proper one next year but not in a rush, might get an acoustic next then another Strat, decisions decisions.
Wiz
Quote by GeddyLeeee
I bought a American Made Strat w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails, S-1 Switching (not totally sure what that does), hard case and Cube 30 amp for 370.00. I think good deal.

Got a Roland Cube 40xl for £80 pretty good condition from the pic's, just waiting on delivery.
Wiz
JustRooster do the p-rail!
I'm kinda new here, i have some stratty guitars

my first refinish

and a couple others that suffered my dremel attacks
"Turdocaster"?

alhaq369
Quote by dannyalcatraz
"Turdocaster"?

LOL, it was a bridgecraft generic orientcaster I painted, and polished, and polished and put maybe five times what I paid for it in parts. While it's a pretty fine guitar all around, behind it all it's really a highly polished turd.

Story is, I saw a young skater dude walking up to a pawn shop with the candy apple strat and a pathfinder 15R in hand, no case or anything - he was selling. Jumped out of my car to intercept and told him I'd give him ten more in cash than the pawnshop owner would. I knew the shop had like thirty strats on the wall already, and the guy is a notorious legal thief, I ended up with both items for $65 or $70. Since it was my first refinish, I had little idea what I was doing, still it turned out alright, and set the stage for several more refinish experiments.

funny thing, I used a couple off-brand bargain bin metallic spray bombs on it, and about three totally different brand clearcoat products, probably a mix of acrylic, lacquer, and whatnot (having no clue), and about three months after I had it all wet sanded and buttoned up, one of the layers of products started getting a gazillion little spidery cracks in it.

But the strangest thing is, the cracks are a "now you see it, now you don't kind of thing" are only visible from certain angles - you cannot feel them, they don't breach the surface. Couldn't repeat if I tried. Sort of interesting. Never seen anything quite like it before and I spend far too much time on DIY guitar threads.

Built myself the swank matching padded strap for it too.

loaded guard from dragonfire.

here it is with the pathfinder that i rehoused in "tweeded" bass combo box to accommodate an eminence 12".

Last edited by Well-Hung at Nov 26, 2016,
Well-Hung
People pay tens of thousands for cracked gold finishes on Les Pauls
It looks great! But Turdocaster?

Quote by EyeNon15

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
How much work is involved with routing for an lsr nut? I've been wanting to use the tremolo on my strat more, but it's still pretty unstable on anything but little flutters. Tuners were replaced with a new set earlier this year, and the saddles are clean and good condition, and there's plenty of graphite on them and on the nut, so the only thing left I can think of is the nut.

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
Quote by Well-Hung
JustRooster

it's not like I'm looking to flip it for big resale

Polish it up and pair it with one of these:

alhaq369

Auto Flush? "BM-001X"

i mean, shouldn't a BM be #2?

don't lie, you messed up.

Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 1, 2016,
Quote by gregs1020

i mean, shouldn't a BM be #2?

Quote by EyeNon15

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
Strat lovers
Saw this cool little interview...

alhaq369
gregs1020

But it's a "GOLDEN" Turdocaster...

Hmmm...I don't like where this is going.

alhaq369
Wish I could give that two likes! Wish the volume/tone nobs were white though.
Few Fenders, few Gibsons, few amps & other stuff.