Page 210 of 210
JustRooster
That's that Queensrÿche song, yeah?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'm standing next to you...with palpable jealousy.
Always loved that band. Shame they broke apart like they did. But I have to say the guy they hired to replace Mr. Tate- the former lead singer for Crimson Glory- is doing a formidable job. Tate's solo stuff isn't bad either.

But it just ain't the same.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Not gonna lie, lucidity isn't something I really associate with Geoff Tate. But maybe he's just being silent about it...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Ippon (I guess quotes aren't working quite right?) Hell yes to the lipstick Strat. A while ago I wanted to do that with the MIM Classic '60s Strat but I just don't get along with Strats in person.

This finish with those pickups though? Would be sexy as hell.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Ippon
+1 on the lipstick Strat.

Quick question. I am thinking of buying one of the new Fender Deluxe Strats, but I had a question. How good are those noiseless pickups it has? Most specifically for the blues as compared to either the Tex-Mex or Texas Special pickups? From what I have read it seems pretty evenly divided between those two as to the best blues pickups Fender makes so I was wanting to know how well the noiseless measures up.
All depends on style and amp! They're going to be decidedly more tame but less shrill than the Texas Specials. Definitely smoother and more rounded where both the Tex Mex and Texas Specials are very classically vintage-esque single coils, albeit overwound.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER

has anybody else done the tbx and mid boost? I love it on my mexi, but are there any other good preamps similar out there?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Ippon
trashedlostfdup, I have it on the older CS Clapton Strat which came with the Fender-branded Gold Lace PUs.  I believe the newer ones come with the Vintage Noiseless.

It should work well with some other PUs on your Splawn to tame the shrillness or too much highs and high mids.

the tbx on other guitars or the mid boost?

I am thinking of building a zvex SHO in a cavity that will fit in a LP
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Got this delivered from Reverb yesterday, the good news is it came a day early, the bad news is...well I'll let you look at the pics

The description noted the additional holes in the back panel cover, but didn't mention the crowned neck and completely worn frets, and a couple look to be lifted. When I got it, it was almost unplayable, I took it apart, neck saddles and all and gave it a thorough cleaning. Polished the bridge and saddles, removed the pick guard, the middle pickup tone pot would hardly turn, the pot housing was coming apart, I squeezed it back together and folded the little metal flaps over. The seller also noted the pick guard was not original, but I'm pretty sure its more than just the pick guard, as in the pickups and pots are also not original. Anyway, put it back together with some new 10's, dang near took a couple hours to tune and intonate. My first reaction was I've just been taken, but I'm still contemplating...not sure about what exactly, but I'm doing some serious thinking. It was kinda late when I got it playable, plugged it up and well...it sounds like a Strat, plays like a Strat, Looks like a Strat, I mean there's no turning back now anyway. Talking to a tech, he said for $300 he can do a complete, jumbo stainless steel fret job, not going to happen. Anyway, it is what it is, I didn't pay a whole lot for it, its a good lesson. Other than the problem with neck, and after market pick guard and components, I have a 96 mim Strat/Squier/Strat...whatever. So, I guess it couldn't make any less desirable by just replacing the whole neck, in fact the neck on my 93 Squier is perfect...hmm.
Flying in a blue dream
Last edited by SanDune65 at Jun 15, 2017,
Quote by Ippon
SanDune65, I would return it. 

Yeah me too.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
+1 Ippon

+1 H4T3BR33D3R

me three.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Yeah, shouldn't be a problem disputing it through reverb, I mean the discription says "the neck is ultra smooth". And the "pick guard has been changed but everything else is original" now I will have to confirm any changes to the component's, but the condition of the neck alone should grant a refund.
Flying in a blue dream
Last edited by SanDune65 at Jun 15, 2017,