Page 209 of 209
Schecter Traditional Custom, love this guitar, alot of guitar for $400. ash body, two point wilkenson trem, push pull pot, locking tuners, i replaced the bridge pickup with a sd black winter.
http://imgur.com/a/KVkHj
Ibanez VBT700
Schecter Traditional Custom (Black Winter)
Orange Micro Dark
Line 6 Flextone 112
Big Muff
MXR Micro Amp

Squier Classic Vibs 70's Precision
Ampeg BA110V2
Last edited by romeozdistress at Mar 18, 2017,
romeozdistress Funny you should mention the Schecter as I was just looking at one yesterday. I was quite impressed. I don't know how they make such a nice guitar for that money. Looked very nice.
Quote by Seref

The general thought about these guitars is that they tend to be better than USA Fenders/Gibsons for consistency of quality, the factory is famous for making a lot of high end quality guitars for different companies, there was a thread going recently and it seems we have a few collectors here. As it goes I think my Ibanez Jem was made there, and its a fantastic guitar.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
the fujigen plant has been kicking out great guitars since before i was born. owned plenty over the years, great guitars.

how about a gold leaf strat?

of course those are lace golds. anything else would be uncivilized.  that is mij, but i don't know if it was a fujigen.  think it said bacchus but not too sure about that either.  
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 19, 2017,
gregs1020

Someone was napping- why aren't the knobs gold-tone like the rest of the hardware?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Someone was napping- why aren't the knobs gold-tone like the rest of the hardware?
Because that would look atrocious on a Strat
K33nbl4d3
Not on THAT one.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
Quote by dannyalcatraz
K33nbl4d3
Not on THAT one.
No thanks, metal-coloured stuff on the pickguard is just not pleasant imo
Well, I've run into a problem. Played some more Strats at the store. I think I hate glossy maple fretboards.

Why does my life have to be so complicated.
Quote by Seref
Well, I've run into a problem. Played some more Strats at the store. I think I hate glossy maple fretboards.

Why does my life have to be so complicated.
I mean that rules out a relatively small selection of instruments. If you're into vintage style stuff, go 60s. If not, most models are available with rosewood too.
Not to mention clones and replacement necks.

alhaq369
Sure, of course, it's just that the dream Strat that I see when I close my eyes is a black tuxedo Strat with vintage tinted neck. Trying to shake that vision is hard.

I like the look of a 60s Candy Apple Red with rosewood too, it's just not my holy grail aesthetic.

I understand I'm unreasonably picky.
I see nothing wrong or overly picky about your dream strat.

alhaq369
Been thinking of making a new Strat Lovers thread and slowly become the king of EG stickies.
██████
██████
██████
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I see nothing wrong or overly picky about your dream strat.

definitely. there's absolutely nothing wrong with knowing what you want and holding out for it. certainly with discretionary purchases like guitars.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Seref

no such thing, there's a strat for that.

i've had success with warmoth necks on strats, because i like the 1 11/16 nut option mostly. but also picking out the other spec etc. (not that you should go warmoth, just that it's ok to be picky!)
Quote by Seref
Sure, of course, it's just that the dream Strat that I see when I close my eyes is a black tuxedo Strat with vintage tinted neck. Trying to shake that vision is hard.

I like the look of a 60s Candy Apple Red with rosewood too, it's just not my holy grail aesthetic.

Ahh, right, I didn't connect the gloss fretboard post to your previous posts

Well there's no stock option that'll give you satin and vintage tint and say Fender on it, but if you're fine without the logo you can go Warmoth. Otherwise, what guitar(s) did you try? If it was only ones with vintage frets then it might bother you less with modern-size frets. The Classic Player has a bigger soft V neck with modern frets (I believe), whereas the Classic Series models have little ones. You can usually find the neck of either if you want to just take that and stick it on something else.

Also, if you're really keen on that Strat in your mind's eye, it might be worth thinking about whether the gloss is something you could just get used to. If you just don't like, that is what it is.
I couldn't. It's one of the things that has put me off of Fender Strats for myself.

alhaq369
With glossed fretboards I've tried a used 50s Classic Series Lacquer which I didn't love, a 50s Classic Player that wasn't so bad, a slightly used 2016 American Standard that had the least sticky gloss (because it was worn in maybe?), and various American Pros that I noticed some stickiness on. 

Then I also tried some EB Cutlasses that had a nice satin fretboard, similar to a MIM Deluxe that I played.

I'm gonna go try out some more 2016 American Standards and 2017 Pros soon, this recently caught my eye: https://reverb.com/item/3128798-new-fender-american-standard-stratocaster-electric-guitar-black-maple-fingerboard
Last edited by Seref at Mar 22, 2017,
Magic happened today. Went to play a bunch of Strats, and I think I fell in love with a Cutlass. New on-sale for like $1150.
Quote by Seref
Magic happened today. Went to play a bunch of Strats, and I think I fell in love with a Cutlass. New on-sale for like $1150.
The right colour scheme?
It's available in the colors I want. The floor model I played was Olympic White-ish w/ tinted maple, which I actually liked a lot. There's a larger, better stocked Sam Ash near my job so I'll go at some point next week and make them pull some more colors out of the back. 

I need to see them in person. Something is off about the tuxedo black look on the Cutlass. Maybe roundness of the pickguard. But the mint on white looked very nice.

The Cutlass hit me with the same feeling as when I found my LP. I was looking to buy an LP Studio or Tribute, I sat down with an LP Standard, and went "shit, I have to buy this." I sat down with the Cutlass, put my hand around the neck, and went "...shit."
Last edited by Seref at Mar 26, 2017,
I know that feeling.

There have been a few guitars I went to look at that I was skeptical about, but when I had them in my hands, they simply impressed the hell out of me. There was a local store that stocked Gibson, G&L and some other premium brands. And Reverend. I went in to try out G&Ls and see what they had in their Gibson room. Towards the end of my visit, I picked up a Reverend Double Agent- the only one in the lineup I knew back then, and was impressed. Then I tried out a Flatroc 15th Anniversary Edition and fell in love.

Not being an impulse buyer, I decided to sleep on it. When I got up the next day and tried to buy it, it was gone. I had to order one from a dealer in another state. Because it was a limited edition, I didn't get the color I preferred, but at least I got the FEEL and the tone that captured me.

alhaq369
Well, it's pretty much done. The Cutlass is on lay-away until Wednesday. Sale price of $1150. Stay tuned for pics.
that's a hella nice guitar! congrats Seref! the white one in the SA store by me is very tempting as well.
Not too many pics, too busy playing.

Waiting to get ringed up. The sale price was actually so low that the sales guy had to ask his manager if it was a mistake.

Small but growing family shot.

I wonder why MusicMans aren't more popular. The V-to-C neck profile and satin finish won me over instantly.

It's a weird twist of fate that the Cutlass is available in Black&White with tinted maple neck, exactly how I wanted, but on the Cutlass it doesn't look as good.
I'd say it's a combination of name brand recognition and people simply not having frequent access to non-Fender or Gibson brands. I live in D/FW, whichnis a pretty big metropolis. But brand availability sucks. After the big two & their subsidiaries, you are most likely to see Ibanez, Schecter, Rickenbacker and Gretsch.

Anything rarer than that, you'll find in 1-2 stores max. And if you don't know those stores, you are S.O.L.

To illustrate, I know where I can get a Suhr; a store stocking Reverend; one that stocks Dean,Bell, Spear, Musicvox and others in rotation...and a place that used to carry G&L.

Note, I didn't mention Musicman.

alhaq369
Quote by dannyalcatraz
After the big two & their subsidiaries, you are most likely to see Ibanez, Schecter, Rickenbacker and Gretsch.
Isn't Gretsch pretty much a Fender subsidiary?
Could be- I lose track.

alhaq369