Page 2 of 2
Dig Lazarus Dig has made me go back over my Nick Cave collection...

I need to acquire more.

DLD is one crunchy jamb.
Dig Lazarus Dig!!! just came in the mail for my college's radio station. i have only listened to the title track, but it struck my fancy.
Yeah, Nick Cave is definitely one of the best artists out there. Lazarus is indeed very good, though my favorite song is Song of Joy. ****ing brilliant. Just bought Henry's Dream yesterday. My first impressions of that album are also really good, especially the first track, Papa won't leave you, Henry.

"I awoke so drunk and full of rage
That I could hardly speak
A fag in a whale-bone corset
Draping his dick across my cheek"

Hehe, seriously. Can lyrics actually get better?
There's always money in the banana stand!
The Boatman's Call
Abattoir Blues / The Lyre of Orpheus
Murder Ballads

Favorites.

But Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!! is becoming one of my favorites.
I doubt he puts out an album as raw and creative again.
Most musicians who reach 50 mellow out, but he decided to put out the noisiest album of his career.
Poor advice.
Don't forget grinderman I love it because he sounds like he's never played guitar in his life its actually quite refreshing.
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
picked up 'dig' today and i'm really liking it. i've only ever heard a few nick cave &bs songs so i was pretty surprised by the instrumentation on this one.
Quote by uhh_me?
so i think Lazarus has me hooked. where should i go to from here?

Let Love In
Murder Ballads
Boatmans Call
Abattoir Blues/The Lyre Of Orpheus
I want him to come to West Australia would be great to see him though I think he just played a show.
Dig Lazarus Dig is an excellent album and I love the guitar work in lie down here (and be my girl) Nick is such a great artist who has pretty much reinvented himself on this one.
Dig Lazarus, Dig is really good, he certainly hasnt lost it at age 51.
omgbmup

Does anyone else find Nick Cave a bit inconsistent? I mean IMO songs like Red Right Hand, Do You Love Me, The Mercy Seat, Weeping Song etc are pure genius despite their simplicity and I doubt I'll ever stop loving them, while I couldn't even listen to songs like Henry Lee, Ship Song and Nobody's Baby Now the whole way through once.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
^Must mean you're a ***got.

[/hopes i can use that word and people understand that i'm joking and not homophobic at all]
Poor advice.
Last edited by stellar_legs at May 21, 2009,
I've been loving Murder Ballads lately (despite Kylie Minogue making me anally bleed with rage)

I've been told to get "Let Love In" next, but I feel drawn to "The Boatman's Call".
Which one should I get?
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

I like the birthday party but never bothered listening to anything after thatf. Is it on the same level of awesome, because mutiny in heaven is a song worth masturbating to.
Last edited by porhobo420 at May 21, 2009,
Quote by bodyheatseeker
I've been loving Murder Ballads lately (despite Kylie Minogue making me anally bleed with rage)

I've been told to get "Let Love In" next, but I feel drawn to "The Boatman's Call".
Which one should I get?

Let Love In.

Really? I find that Where The Wild Roses Grow is a touching ballad.
Murder Ballads is one of my favorite albums by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.
Quote by bodyheatseeker

Which one should I get?

K. Minogue kicks ass in that song and solo.

I like Let Love In more, but I admit I am less familiar with The Boatman's Call.
Greatest musician/artist ever. The Firstborn is Dead, Kicking Against the Pricks and Tender Prey are among my favourites at the moment, but the man hasn't really done anything but masterpieces.

A shame to see he's relatively unknown on these boards, a lot of people are missing out on one of the living legends in popular music.
There is some wacky thread necromancy going on hereabouts.

Everyone was talking about the first Grinderman album when it came out, and now there is a new one. Heh. And its amazing.

My favorite album would have to be Murder Ballads. Stagger Lee is possibly the most badass song I have ever heard, and Song Of Joy is really dark and brilliant. Dig, Lazarus Dig was really good, if any time travellers from 2007 want to know.
...In my opinion.
I recently purchased the remastered collector's edition of From Her to Eternity, Kicking Against the Pricks, Your Funeral...My Trial and Tender Prey. At a price of 8€ each I must say it was quite the bargain. The 5.1 mixes sound amazing and give a whole new dimension to some of the songs.
The interviews with band members/producers/friends from back in the day also give great insight in the making of and story behind the albums.
Just bought tickets to see him live. I wonder if he's still is rock out mode or moved back to soft ballads...
Have you guys heard "we no who u r" yet? It's brilliant and I can't wait for the new album.

I think my favorite album so far is either Henry's Dream or Tender Prey.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Page 2 of 2