Just moved into a apartment, so have to give the electric guitar a break because of noise issues, and not to mention looking to get into acoustic more. So I just bought an acoustic and I am looking to learn some nice sounding mellow, fun to toy with progressions. If anyone could suggest some nice progressions and list them with the fingerings and names I would really appreciate it.. Thanks in advance! Btw, Standard Tuning preferably.
- Find your path, find your road, expand your horizons beyond your home.
Mess around with E,G,CD. Use them in any way, I find I can get a nice progression out of them by throwing them around however.

From thickest to thinnest string:

E: 022100

G: 320033

C: X32010 (X means don't play!)

D: XX0232

EDIT: Or get rid of the E completely, and mess around with C,G,D somehow. Rearrange them in a bunch of different ways. I know a lot of songs that use those three chords somehow. Also, instead of C, you could use Cadd9.

Cadd9: X32033

A lot of songs use this chord along with a D and G somehow. It's like a universal rock progression. Sweet CHild O' Mine uses D,C,G, and there's a whole bunch of classic rock songs that uses these chords in some form.

EDIT2: These chords will work in any type of standard tuning, like 1/2 step down, or whatever, as long as the distance between open notes is the same.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Last edited by E V H 5150 at Jul 8, 2007,
Anything using a capo, or anything other than the basic chords?
Something other than the basic C-G open chords?
Dude open up you guitar. Mess around in alternate tunings. DADGAD, open c (CGCGCE). Come up with stuff in these.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Currently my favorite island-sounding chord progression is:
Cmaj7/G: 332000
Em: 022000
Am: 002210
F: 133211
G: 320003
(repeat)
It sounds nice with a capo on the third fret.
Nice, I really like it chad, with the capo especially. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
capo 4th fret. verse G, Am, Bm, Em, Cm, D, G
chorus G Bm Em Am D7
thats one of my songs, nice to mess around with too
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
A very catchy one is Ole Black and Blue Eyes by The Fratellis. The chord progression is very simple, but pretty catchy...

C, Em, Am, Em, F, C, F, D, G

Listen to the song for the rhythm, or just mess around with those chords and make your own song.

Hope it helped!
Em, C, G, D - that progression is actually the song Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins

you could also just mess around with just the D chord and Dsus2 and Dsus4 and just throw combinations of lifting off one finger then another or whatever.

a song i wrote (some of the chords i dont know the name but still sound good with the progression so i'll tab them out)

C
x33010
x33210
x33200
F
Bm
G (355433)
E

another thing you cold do is (again dont know the names of the chords) but you can play C or Am and add your pinky to either the 3rd fret on the 1st or 2nd string
In the event that you know what clawhammer style is, play it like that, only strum on top of the fingerboard. It gives it a cool plinky sound.
Pretty much anything with a capo on the second fret sounds sweet, it makes chords sound so much more full.
But 7 based chord progressions like C, A7, D7, G7 are pretty funky where ever you put your capo

Peace out
man if i were you i would crank the volume, gain, mids, treble, hell everything to 10 (or 11 if ur spinal tap), and blow the apartment away

but anyway i you can get a really cool spanish riff by going back between these

E 022100
Am X02210

as fast as you can and throwing a G (320003) in there.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Cadd9- 032033
G- 320033
Dsus4- 000233
Em- 022033
Not too sure those are the correct chord names as I'm a newbie at guitar. But I play those a lot in many different orders. Adding a capo on the 1st or 2nd fret sounds nice too. Some examples of songs that utilize these chords are Whoever She Is by The Maine and I Swear This Time I Mean It by Mayday Parade. I hope this helped!
G#m,Bmaj,F#maj,Emaj

Try with all of the root notes on the low E string with occasional open high e and b strings, beautiful progression.