Page 620 of 620
well, yeah. no one is denying that. so is penn and so is anderson. but they need to learn when to give it up.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by the_white_bunny
well, yeah. no one is denying that. so is penn and so is anderson. but they need to learn when to give it up.

Agreed!  

He's probably just doing it for the $$$. He probably doesn't care about his legacy, given his record when he was at his prime.

Also, Conor is a smart man.  He'll be laughing all the way to the bank, win or lose.
I didn't see the Fedor fight, but damn, Mitriome is so fkng lame.

Cormier vs Jones is going to be good this Saturday. It'll go the whole 5 rounds
Jones had a chance  to finish the fight in round 4 last time after taking down DC twice and started to advance position while on top of him and against the cage, but he was too conservative.  I think a mix of Jones just being a beefier guy now, his improved BJJ these last few years, and simply the fact that DC is also nearly 3 years older than he already was when he lost to Jones, will all be a major factor.  If DC were only 34 or 35 right now, I think after this fight he might've been 2-0 against Jones, but youth is just on Jones' side.  Jones via Submission in round 4 or 5.  
My buddies and I do drafts for fighters each ufc event. Like a fantasy football draft. I got first pick and have:

Cyborg, Lawler, Jones, Maya, Manawa, Knight.

Needless to say, Manawa and Knight got smoked. I'm gonna win the next 3 of 4 tho! Maya will be another loss probably.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Last edited by TSmitty6 at Jul 29, 2017,
I actually had Ceronne winning that one, but I'll take Lawler because my draft pick.
Yeah. It was close, but I had Cerrone winning too. But Robbie is the king of winning decisions he didn't deserve after all.

Cyborg looked very human tonight. Super dominant, but not invincible
Woodly fight had least amount of strikes thrown record? I knew it was boring but damn.
I think combined least amount landed by both fighters in a championship fight that goes the distance.

Oh but it's TIIIIIIIIIIIME now!!!!
Woodley

3 of the most boring UFC fights ever in a row
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Fuuuuuuuck me that was brutal. As decisive as it gets. And D.C. afterwards.......look, I've always enjoyed the humor at seeing him cry after the last fight, but seeing him here, broken like a dog....that's just sad.
I was in a BWW watching the head kick. My buddy was texting and missed it. The whole building was going nuts and he looked up like whaaaaa? The kick itself he actually was leaning into it, I'm not sure what move he was planning on doing.

Up until that point I had Jones round 1, DC round 2. Jones also looked more gassed than DC, and DC was pushing the pace. I thought DC would pull it off if it went to decision. I didn't stick around for the post fight interview but that is too bad.

I went 3-3 on our snake draft MMA game. Nothing wrong with breaking even.
I had Jones winning Rd 1 pretty handily but D.C. surging late, D.C. Prob winning a very close Rd 2, and Jones looking much crisper in Rd 3, using much better footwork and avoiding any real skirmishes that D.C. was trying to initiate. I think Rd 3 looked a LOT like Rd 4 of the first fight, because Jon was really racking up a ton a Very hard body punches, kicks, and hard knees. I think D.C. would've gotten finished eventually, and I did not see Jones getting that gassed at all.

He was throwing a lot more harder punches than normal too, which made me worry about his cardio, but he knew what he was doing apparently. His head movement early on wasn't great, and I think he's relying too much on estimated distance and a strong chin in his past 5 fights. Fighters know now that you HAVE to pressure him, and be extremely busy if you're gonna have a chance.

Jones vs Gus 2, Nov 4th, MSG. Make it fucking happen!!!
that was pretty hard to watch.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
https://www.mmamania.com/2017/7/30/16064598/pic-scorecards-show-close-daniel-cormier-jon-jones-title-fight-ufc-214-before-bones-knockout-mma

So I guess Jon was in fact slightly ahead on the scorecards.  I saw some fightmetric related scorecards the other day and thought those were the official judges' scorecards.  They had 2 out of 3 with Jon winning the 1st round, and all 3 with DC winning the 2nd.  
What do you lot think of Jones/Lesnar?

I think i've never wanted to see anything so badly. Lesnar might be able to do it.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by poopsmith666
What do you lot think of Jones/Lesnar?

I think i've never wanted to see anything so badly. Lesnar might be able to do it.

We'd be talking about a whole year from now if it would ever happen.  Lesnar only served 6 months of his 1 year suspension, then retired, which froze his suspension.  He'd have to reapply, get approved, then ride out the 6 remaining months before he could fight.  

That all being said, Jones would likely butcher him inside of 2 rounds.  The one single thing I'd give Lesnar on his side, is Jones prob wouldn't be able to hit him hard enough to put real terror into Brock's heart about being hit like he is with most heavyweights.  So maaaaaaaaaaaaybe he could walk through Jones' shots to get his hands on him............maybe.  I doubt Jones would be 215 lbs like he was against DC going into that fight though.  Jones would be north of 230, with newly added muscle.  

Yeah, he would fuck Brock up bad.  But then again, so would most of the Top 8 heavyweights.  So it's not impressive.  But at least he'd get the money he deserves. 
Last edited by bdof at Aug 3, 2017,

This is brilliantly broken down.  Frank Mir said it best about the fight: "DC was playing checkers, while Jones was playing chess".  DC was essentially always going after what was immediately available, while Jones was setting little traps in the earlier rounds to set up DC for the later rounds.  Jones is fucking brilliant, with prob the best corner team in MMA to help him.
poopsmith666 brock by mauling. he gets jon down once its over, and he would get jon down.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by the_white_bunny
poopsmith666 brock by mauling. he gets jon down once its over, and he would get jon down.

I can imagine this happening, but that's because I have a strong imagination  

I imagine Brock would bull rush him exactly like he tried to do against Cain, and after about 90 seconds of blowing his wad to get him down, he'd be finished.  Jones would fight exclusively in southpaw, stomp Brock's knee, give him a few no wind up kicks up the middle to the gut until he's gasping for air, then he'd fake low and go high the exact same way he did to DC.  I love Brock, always have, but his style of wrestling for MMA is 100% power based, with very little real technique to it.  The guys he had success taking down were either guys who wanted to be on the ground (Mir 2x), never were known for having good TDD (Herring and Hunt), were significantly smaller, older, and had a Greco base (Couture), or were completely gassed (Carwin).  Anyone with great standup and any semblance of a solid sprawl put Brock in his place almost immediately.  And let's no forget Brock is 40 for gawd's sake.
gap is middle weight champion of the world and this thread is DEAD.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Will put my thoughts here because fuck it.

Hendricks is donezo.

Wonderboy motherfuckers.  Put a schooling on Masvidal.  So many people were underrating Wonderboy because of the shitty Woodley fights and waaay overhyping Masvidal's striking even though he's barely been dominant in the striking department in the UFC.  Some of the things, like the sidestep straight counter that got the knockdown, were things of beauty to watch in this fight.

Sad to see JJ go out like that but it was bound to happen.  She's been a weak starter in almost all her UFC fights, even getting dropped in some of them, and Rose didn't let up when it happened this time.  Maybe JJ does have a weak chin.  Imo, I just think JJ leaves herself too open trying to be aggressive.  Seems like there might be an instant rematch so we'll see what happens.

Glad to see TJ win.  That knockdown in the first was eerily like the "knockout" video Cody released before the fight.  Amazing to see TJ listen to his corner and make the necessary adjustments and for them to work.  That high kick to shut up the crowd chanting "Fuck You TJ" and then that finishing exchange was amazing.
-Cody will be back though.  Dude's real young and his speed+power just blows me away when he fights.

GSP! GSP! GSP!  Fight went about how I thought it would.  Bisping with the cardio advantage and reach that was giving GSP some fits.  But Georges' speed and overall skills were fucking unbelievable in that first round.  Dude looked better than he ever did that first round and that is saying something.  A bit of gas problem though but that's understandable as he hadnt fought in 4 years + carrying so much more muscle.  GSP was HUGE.
-No shame in Bisping losing to GSP because he looked spectacular.  Bisping may not fight for the belt again but he'll pick up some more wins I'm sure before he retires.

Overall, amazing card.  Even the undercard despite all the weird shit with the ear kick, super late kick, Dan pausing the fight for a mouthpeice after a fighter just got fuckin rocked, still amazing card.  10/10 in my eyes.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.