I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
Phil Brooks is a punk.
Gotta admit it took huge balls to do what he did, against a young stud too. He also ended up being one of the better and more admirable losers I've ever seen in any sport, and what he said wasn't just great sportsmanship, but incredible life lessons as well.

That said, maybe he should've thought for a SECOND about not walking directly into the most obvious takedown ever His posture was that of a guy who thought "Oh it's time to throw down, bro. Here we go. Alright, I'm gonna swing at you a few times, and you're gonna.......wait.....what the fuck are you grabbing me for, dude!?" In his defense, he defended the choke twice pretty well, but didn't do well and keeping Micky from advancing to dominant positions.

That main even was the shit btw. Awesome awesome back n forth HW action at the top level. Real Fedor vs Henderson type round.
Quote by TheChaz
good point maybe they'll kill you instead and this won't have been so bad

Quote by Eastwinn
when it comes down to it, i'm really inadequate

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I hope all Trump voters die. The last thread showed they were vindictive and spiteful people.
Overeem is a grade A douche, running and running away, and then tripping balls saying he felt the tap.
Member #1 of the LaZy JoiNt SmOkiNg GuiTaR pLaYin' MuThAfuC|<a cLuB

LOL...."Pro" wrestlers

Real wrestlers look at those guys and laugh. Sad thing is..since there isn't real pro wrestling sometimes the "amateurs" swallow their pride and take up the pro game to put food on the table.

MMA is the "real" pro wrestling now.
And Fabricio Werdum is a horrible excuse for a human being. What shitty behaviour. Seems like a total psychopath who cannot restrain himself. Total piece of shit scumbag.
Member #1 of the LaZy JoiNt SmOkiNg GuiTaR pLaYin' MuThAfuC|<a cLuB

Quote by TobusRex
LOL...."Pro" wrestlers

Real wrestlers look at those guys and laugh. Sad thing is..since there isn't real pro wrestling sometimes the "amateurs" swallow their pride and take up the pro game to put food on the table.

MMA is the "real" pro wrestling now.

Pro-Wrestling is a title, it doesn't mean that it's better than amateur wrestling (it's like comparing Hard Rock with Progressive Rock. It doesn't mean prog is better than the other one because it's 'progressive' - it's just a label and they're completely different things)
Quote by SirZep
Pro-Wrestling is a title, it doesn't mean that it's better than amateur wrestling (it's like comparing Hard Rock with Progressive Rock. It doesn't mean prog is better than the other one because it's 'progressive' - it's just a label and they're completely different things)

I know what "pro" wrestling is: it's an act, a sham. The shame is that the real sport labors in obscurity.
Quote by TobusRex
I know what "pro" wrestling is: it's an act, a sham. The shame is that the real sport labors in obscurity.

Well everyone knows it's an act by this point, it's been exposed ages ago and even people in the business don't pretend it's a real thing. It became more like a movie than a sport.
Amateur wrestling just doesn't sell out arenas of 90K people, it doesn't appeal to casual audiences.
Quote by SirZep
Well everyone knows it's an act by this point, it's been exposed ages ago and even people in the business don't pretend it's a real thing. It became more like a movie than a sport.
Amateur wrestling just doesn't sell out arenas of 90K people, it doesn't appeal to casual audiences.

Let's put it this way: I wrestled for over a decade at every level from grade school to international....if there is a wrestling fan in this forum, it's me. That being said even I can't stand to watch international freestyle or greco-roman wrestling anymore. Too much stalling. God help the non-wrestlers who try to watch.

You'd be surprised how many idiots out there still think "pro" wrestling is real. The funny thing is a High School heavyweight would likely twist the "pro" wrestlers into a pretzel in real life
Quote by TobusRex
God help the non-wrestlers who try to watch.

The reason why MMA works is because it has all these different styles but even then...how many casuals are that interested? I watch UFC every now and then, and the fights can be entertaining, but if there's a story behind it it's so much more fun.
The reason why pro-wrestling is popular is because of the stories. I'd say I'm a pro-wrestling fan, but outside of WWE I don't really watch anything, because pro-wrestling in itself doesn't interest me that much. It's the promos, the interaction between the wrestlers, etc. that's what make the 'fight' more interesting. That's why I think the movie analogy works. If you see two people shooting each other in a movie...it can be entertaining, but if you know the story behind it you're way more captivated.

And it's the same thing with MMA too. For exemple, part of why McGregor got famous is because of wrestling tactics (trash talking). So as a result of that you either
- think the guy is badass and want to see him win fights
- think the guy is annoying and want to see him lose
it's a win-win
Thx guys. Let's not talk about stuff like Woodley now facing Wonderboy at UFC 205 in MSG. UFCs' first event (and MMA for that matter) in the state of NY ever! Landmark shit
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by Eastwinn

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I hope all Trump voters die. The last thread showed they were vindictive and spiteful people.
Last edited by bdof at Sep 17, 2016,
The 205 card is friggin' stacked!

A little disappointed that Donald Cerrone isn't fighting Nick Diaz though. I think "Cowboy" would win at any weight, but I'd love love love to see that scrap! "Cowboy" has been a wizard at 170! But why isn't he fighting Eddie Alvarez?

Fuck Conor McGregor though at this point, man...The featherweight champion, Conor, defend your goddamn belt just one time. The big fights are fun (of course McGregor vs. Diaz 2 was a barn burner), but you can't keep holding up the 145lb division. Either defend it, win and continue doing what you're doing. Or lose and then do all of these super fights in other weight classes.
BIG IRISH BALLZ!!!!!!
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by Eastwinn

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Thinking about spending the money on the next pay-per-view so I don't have to tolerate the white trash that watches these fights in bars anymore.
Watched every fight. Great card.

The Joanna fight was great. That one girl was so chill the whole time, did a great job but not enough.

Great to see Tate spontaneously retire. I guess when you know you know. She said she just couldn't get into that gear she was used to. I'm glad someone goes out before she gets washed up. Go Tacoma!

Wonderboy was insane. No clue how he survived for the tie...and then Buffer pulled a Steve Harvey! Thag 4th round could not have been any better.

McGregor was telling the brutal truth in the post fight. He said if you don't have any measurable like strength or length then you are not going to contend with him.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Am I the only one who thinks that Weidman kinda made things worse for himself at the end there? After Romero's flying knee Weidman kinda falls with his head on his own knee, not so sure that helped.

Also, a bit confused: Why is Rousey fighting for the championship? I understand that she was champion in her last match, so it's not unreasonable, but wouldn't a match against Holm be more important? You know, to clear her image a bit after that loss.
Last edited by SirZep at Nov 15, 2016,
I think Chris was on the corner of Fucked St and Screwed Dr after eating that knee and had zero idea where the hell he was or what he was doing. I was really scared for him the first 60 secs after the KO. I was also kinda scared for the UFC too, after a huge battle to get to NY, one of the local megastars receives brain damage in front of 20,000 people and prob over 20 million tuning in, including a ton of first timers. Yikes.
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by Eastwinn

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Mainer
The 205 card is friggin' stacked!

A little disappointed that Donald Cerrone isn't fighting Nick Diaz though. I think "Cowboy" would win at any weight, but I'd love love love to see that scrap! "Cowboy" has been a wizard at 170! But why isn't he fighting Eddie Alvarez?

Fuck Conor McGregor though at this point, man...The featherweight champion, Conor, defend your goddamn belt just one time. The big fights are fun (of course McGregor vs. Diaz 2 was a barn burner), but you can't keep holding up the 145lb division. Either defend it, win and continue doing what you're doing. Or lose and then do all of these super fights in other weight classes.

So true man. Fuck Conor McFraudster. Something tells me Eddie was paid off to take a dive to keep the money-making illusion going. No way he just suddenly became that timid and awful at fighting. I'm sure he could've tried much harder to take him down, but it seemed like he didn't put his all into trying. Looked more like what someone does in a training session, doing it lightly just to train the motor units. And seriously, McFraudster's first time fighting in the lightweight division in the UFC is an automatic title shot? What a heap of horse shit. I cannot wait to see him get demolished by Khabib or Ferguson, although he may just avoid those two by saying he's retiring early as double champion, so as not to tarnish his "legacy". Although maybe they'll just be paid to take dives. UFC, one big pantomime.
"It's a very strange thing when you make nature illegal" - Joe Rogan
I just saw the 205 Prelims this morning on Fox Sports 2 and caught the mauling of Michael Johnson that Khabib put on... And I saw Tony's fight last weekend against RDA...That's gonna be an interesting match.
Imagine thinking Alvarez threw the fight
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by Eastwinn

Quote by EndTheRapture51