Page 81 of 81
Quote by ChemicalFire
A Sense of Purpose is often regarded as a half finished mess of an album and probably the worst release from In Flames to date, take that as you will.

well thanx for the input, I really appreciate it. You do remember that I stated that this was the first In Flames album that I have heard, right? I have not heard any of their other albums and thus, have nothing really to compare.

But if you say that this is their weakest album, well so be it. Who am I to argue.

ron666
I've been listening to The Jester Race the past few weeks, so I'm moving onto another album now and I chose Reroute to Remain... Those choruses... kinda strange, but not terrible haha
If you're playing music to get attention then you're forgetting the purpose of music
Picked up Clayman. Now I've got everything from Jester Race to Clayman, and I think I'm done with In Flames "Collection" (I can get into few tunes from Come Clarity sometimes, I don't bother with anything else. I think the name "reroute to remain" in itself is really an obvious warning of "selling out", why else would they choose that name o.O )

This album is really produced beautifully. Ander's clean vocals sound very introverted and weak, but everything else is very powerful, and his harsh vox in this album are great. In Flames seems to get a lot of piss for being flowery and stuff, but I think of them more as a rock band to be honest hahaha. Great melodic leads, riffs, and solid musicianship all around. Sounds a lot better than the mp3's I had
Clayman is a very nice album indeed, I like it a lot. It's full of well-composed, coherent songs and soothing yet catchy melodies.
Quote by Metal Matt
I'm starting to think I'm the only person on the planet who genuinely enjoys Anders vocal style

Pretty sure you are.

Regardless, I have nothing to contribute aside from the usual snarky ness. Everything after Clayman has just been varying degrees of awful.

That said though, I cant really listen to any of their material anymore.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
I can enjoy their newer stuff but i don't see them as a melodic death metalband today. It's a sad story to see them turning away from the music they made once but to be honest: If a unknown band would have made one of their later albums nobody would call it bad. I think the reason why so many people hate their newer stuff is just the fact that it isn't like "Lunar Strain" anymore.
I think it's that it isn't like The Jester Race to Clayman, which is generally speaking their most overtly melodic material. Most accessible and least heavy without the silly lyrics or compromising any supposedly 'true' credentials
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Is Clayman still a metal album? It's one of my favourites but I do wonder sometimes.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Is Clayman still a metal album? It's one of my favourites but I do wonder sometimes.

Why wouldn't it be? O_o

Clayman has my favorite solo of theirs, Suburban Me.
That's Chris Amott playing that!
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Whenever I show my girlfriend in flames she says it sounds like anime fight scenes xD I think a lot of their flashy leads and melodies owe more to "shred rock" than extreme metal. I don't know, I guess I like thinking of Colony/ Clayman as aggressive melodic rock instead of "soft" extreme metal
I feel like back when it first came out, I understood why people were disappointed Playground Fading; but now I can't seem to figure it out. Other than The Attic and that one other song I can't remember the name of, it isn't extremely different.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
Quote by piratemetalhead
Whenever I show my girlfriend in flames she says it sounds like anime fight scenes xD I think a lot of their flashy leads and melodies owe more to "shred rock" than extreme metal. I don't know, I guess I like thinking of Colony/ Clayman as aggressive melodic rock instead of "soft" extreme metal

The way those Melodeath bands did their solos, chorus's, and lead lines made me think of anime fight scenes so that's what turned me on to them.

No shame.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Why wouldn't it be? O_o

Clayman has my favorite solo of theirs, Suburban Me.
Quote by duncang
That's Chris Amott playing that!
I believe this same exchange happened between Duncan and I many years ago
I listened through Clayman while stoned

and yes, Suburban Me has a sick solo

I think the solo in The Hive is my fav though.
To me Brush the Dust Away is one of the best tracks on that album and completely underrated.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Metal Matt! How've you been?
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Lol hey Duncan. Just lurkin' a lot lately. Trying to find time to contribute a bit more around here. I see you're still runnin' a tight ship.

Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
anyone else find themselves only ever listening to Man Made God?
I rank the albums:

The Jester Race
Clayman
Colony
Whoracle
The Lunar Strain
Come Clarity
A Sense of Purpose
Reroute to Remain
Sounds of a Playground Fading
Soundtrack to Your Escape
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Pretty sure it isn't.

Also new album blows.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!