Page 92 of 92
Their guitarist told me lmao. is it in c? What does it sound like to you? He had told me some wee in c some were in a on a 7 string which is basically D with a low a on the 7th no? hm

Quote by sam b
What makes/made you say the Under Threat song is in A on a 7 string btw?
Dunno, I havent even listened to it yet I'll get to it some time next week probably. If you know for sure it's on a 7 string, I can work from there
A standard 7 string? Gives me something to play on my Schecter then. I remember trying to the track Deathmosphere and thinking it was in D. No wonder I got stuck 'cause I didn't think of it being on an ERG.
Well thats what the guitarist told me lol so yeah it should be a standard on a 7 string and lol nice morpho Im just gonna pitch shift up 7 steps to figure it out with my only guitar

sam b listen to it at least you butt! not doing so is the biggest mistake of yo lives! 1:40
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Nov 2, 2016,
sorry to double post but well tabbed the bass bits and most of the solo, should be fairly accurate lol I just don't know how to tab the damn bends.. and Riff 7 is near undecipherable for me for some reason even pitch shifted up a bunch.
Attachments:
Claws-of-Laughter-Dead.gp5
mike130Kalmah , yah it is pretty good and I really love it. I like this song the most - skin O` my teeth. It hooks me up and I go really crazy about it. There is something about this song. If you have never heart it please listen to it mp3.naij.com/artist-13608-kalmah and share your opinion. Will be glad to discuss and share your favourite songs!
I might tab all of the song except for the normal solos I'm glad at least I got that nifty melodic riff late in the song, it's always gotten stuck in my head lol

also now tabbing out Holymarsh songs I guess since both these bands seem to tune to E lol

[edit ooops nvm Holymarsh tunes to D or maybe dropped D... but I prefer D then lol]
Attachments:
Holymarsh - Murder In Your Sight.gp5
Utopia Banished - Foreshadowing the Endless Quest.gp5
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Dec 14, 2016,
forgive me in advance for being a newb haha

i really got into melodeth not too long ago (within the last few months), so i dont know too many bands. im having a hard time because most of the bands i find are either quite synth-heavy and/or power metal-ish (CoB, Arch Enemy, etc.) or techy (Fleshgod Apocalypse, arsis, etc.). while i can appreciate and enjoy the bands i listed, im still a bit picky since im new to the genre. anyone know some bands similar to TraceDawn, or especially Mors Principum Est?
Melodeath =\= melodic death metal.

Melodic death metal recs

Intestinal Baalism
At the Gates (Red in the Sky is Ours)
Atheist
Septicflesh (Mystic Places at Dawn)
Dawn
Adramelech
Utumno
Etc al
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by pAWNlol
forgive me in advance for being a newb haha

i really got into melodeth not too long ago (within the last few months), so i dont know too many bands. im having a hard time because most of the bands i find are either quite synth-heavy and/or power metal-ish (CoB, Arch Enemy, etc.) or techy (Fleshgod Apocalypse, arsis, etc.). while i can appreciate and enjoy the bands i listed, im still a bit picky since im new to the genre. anyone know some bands similar to TraceDawn, or especially Mors Principum Est?

Melodic death metal and melodeath recs by PWF:

Melodic Death Metal

Melodic death metal is a confusing and sometimes misleading genre label that has come to refer to several disparate categories of music. Two of those categories will be covered here. An effort has been made to sort works that straddle the boundary between the two categories into the more appropriate one.

melodious Death Metal

The works in this group are fundamentally death metal, but they contain an amount of consonant melody that is abnormally high for the genre. This feature widens the possibilities for emotive expression at the cost of some aggression. As a result of their melodiousness, the albums below are sometimes considered separately from the rest of death metal. This commonality notwithstanding, the albums listed are quite distinct: few listeners would mistake the insanity and mysticism of The Red in the Sky Is Ours for the grisly tragedy of An Anatomy of the Beast, or the stateliness of A Velvet Creation for the wildness of North from Here.

Essentials
  • Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus (1992)
  • At the Gates - The Red in the Sky Is Ours (1992) ~ Gardens of Grief Demo (1991)
  • Eucharist - Demo 1 (1992) ~ A Velvet Creation (1993)
  • Intestine Baalism - An Anatomy of the Beast (1997)
  • Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence (1993)
  • Sentenced - North from Here (1993)
  • Septic Flesh - Mystic Places of Dawn (1994)
Further Listening
  • At the Gates - With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness (1993)
  • Cemetary - An Evil Shade of Grey (1992)
  • Cenotaph - Riding Our Black Oceans (1994)
  • Ceremonium - No Longer Silent (2000)
  • Gorement - The Ending Quest (1994)
  • Maleficarum - Across the Heavens (1995)
  • Vehemence - God Was Created (2002)
The Gothenburg Sound

The Gothenburg sound originated in Gothenburg, Sweden, primarily with Dark Tranquillity and In Flames. At the Gates, Eucharist, and perhaps others helped pioneer the sound as well, but their early material was still rooted in the ugliness of death metal. Even though members of Dark Tranquillity and In Flames have commented that their bands never sounded very similar to one another, both groups combined features of heavy metal, thrash metal, death metal, and possibly power metal to create music that was aesthetically abrasive and capable of aggression, yet full of consonant melody and sometimes emotional. As they evolved, Dark Tranquillity and In Flames also reincorporated increasing amounts of rock, a genre that had been largely purged from speed metal and death metal. For example, In Flames' The Jester Race, although arbitrarily included below, is heavily rock-based. During the mid-late 1990s and into the new millennium, the Gothenburg sound grew tremendously in popularity and influenced many bands.

Essentials
  • Dark Tranquillity - Skydancer (1993) ~ Of Chaos and Eternal Night EP (1995) ~ The Gallery (1995)
  • In Flames - Lunar Strain (1994) ~ Subterranean EP (1994) ~ The Jester Race (1996)
Further Listening
  • Autumnal Winds - Venerari Sacra Mysteria Demo (2004)
  • Behind the Scenery - Nocturnal Beauty of a Dying Land (1997)
  • Buried Dreams - Beyond Your Mind (1997) ~ Perceptions (2000)
  • Eucharist - Mirrorworlds (1997)
  • Fatal Embrace - Shadowsouls' Garden (1997)
  • Garden of Shadows - Oracle Moon (2000)
  • Kalmah - Swamplord (2000)
  • Utopia Banished - Night of the Black Wyvern (2002)

Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

If you're new to death metal in general I'd recommend Terminal Spirit Disease by At the Gates or North from Here by Sentenced. Both pretty accesible yet still endure more than few listens.

Last edited by Ozzy87_2 at Dec 15, 2016,
advanced a lot on Utopia Banished, no hope at tabbing the cool intro though so if someone can do that that'd be awesome I hope to finish it Sunday or Monday when I'm near my guitar lol

[edit] Welp I'm done, I can't tab the first solo or the intro to save my life so if anyone wants to help please do lol Imma submit it as is meanwhile
Attachments:
Utopia Banished.gp5
The Plague.gp5
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Dec 27, 2016,

been tabbing this lovely song but thinking I might give up because I can't hear shit clearly to save my life ughhh