Page 91 of 91
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world
60 IQ
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Morphogenesis26 - I've not heard the Dawn demo, but I will keep it in mind.

Kytokinesis - Sorry to have hijacked your listening habits! Which bands have been occupying your ears?

Early DT, Early In Flames, Garden of Shadows, early Kalmah. Except for Garden of Shadows I have largely ignored these bands because 'melodeath' has always seemed to have a negative connotation attached.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

P1ayingW1thF1re
A way away from all ways
361 IQ
Yes, some people think that it's junk. I, too, think that most of it is beneath notice, but some releases have redeemable qualities in my opinion.

Regarding Garden of Shadows' Oracle Moon, I know that you didn't ask me for my opinion, but here it is anyway: I think that the album is overly long and therefore exhausting and boring; I would have preferred an EP containing only the first two songs and the last one. Also, the song structures feel a bit contrived and some riffs transition abruptly. I chose to include the album in the list despite these flaws because of its atmosphere and its attempted ambitious songwriting.
Last edited by P1ayingW1thF1re at Sep 22, 2016,
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf
792 IQ
Morphogenesis26
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Yeah, the 32nd notes were just easier for me to tab because my computer's keyboard is busted. That harmony was incredibly hard to figure out because both lines are mixed so close together, so it's probably still pretty off.

It's such a cool riff. There's so many little things in the song that I've noticed since tabbing out, like there is always a harmony going on in each riff, even the main riff is harmonized with something but the other guitar is so hard to hear I can't make it out.

I found some unfinished, rough God Macabre and Phlebotomized tabs too I should finish.

holy shit man awesome Cromlech tab.. I have this uh weird song they never released called My Emtombment in the Desolate Shade of Bereavement and holy shit it's a step above the And Darkness Fell demo wish there were more songs of theirs... I love later Cromlech as well though I find it so interesting, pretty techy melodic ish.. black and death metal. slightly easier to hear the unreleased song I mentioned I'll see if I can post it here

I might give it some revisions if I can come up with anything, the main riff harmony sounds like fifths but yeah hard to hear with the dude screaming his head off

I've been trying to tab random things, so I might have a few more Vehemence tabs coming up.. tried my hand at Behind the Scenery but blah failed. First album in E second in D it seems. Underthreat tunes to 7 string B except for C in one song in Deathmosphere [one of my fav albums ever] but they're.. rather technical and I suck at complex things... I succeeded in tabbing a few parts of one of my fav Casketgarden songs though woo.

My Chasm endeavors haven't taken off well either... but dude God Macabre and Phlebotomized would be cool, what do they tune to? both to B?
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
30 IQ
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
Morphogenesis26

holy shit man awesome Cromlech tab.. I have this uh weird song they never released called My Emtombment in the Desolate Shade of Bereavement and holy shit it's a step above the And Darkness Fell demo wish there were more songs of theirs... I love later Cromlech as well though I find it so interesting, pretty techy melodic ish.. black and death metal. slightly easier to hear the unreleased song I mentioned I'll see if I can post it here

I might give it some revisions if I can come up with anything, the main riff harmony sounds like fifths but yeah hard to hear with the dude screaming his head off

I've been trying to tab random things, so I might have a few more Vehemence tabs coming up.. tried my hand at Behind the Scenery but blah failed. First album in E second in D it seems. Underthreat tunes to 7 string B except for C in one song in Deathmosphere [one of my fav albums ever] but they're.. rather technical and I suck at complex things... I succeeded in tabbing a few parts of one of my fav Casketgarden songs though woo.

My Chasm endeavors haven't taken off well either... but dude God Macabre and Phlebotomized would be cool, what do they tune to? both to B?

I'd like to hear that Cromlech song. I've sort of avoided the later material they did since no one seems to talk about it and all the reviews I've seen are like "yeah it's really dissappointing" but I think I'll check it out after reading your thoughts on it.

God Macabre actually tunes to D standard and Phlebotomized, at least on Desecration Of Alleged Christian History, tune to C standard. Also have a really short(just the intro) tab for Braded Into palsy by Infester who apparently tune to B.
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world
60 IQ
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Yes, some people think that it's junk. I, too, think that most of it is beneath notice, but some releases have redeemable qualities in my opinion.

Regarding Garden of Shadows' Oracle Moon, I know that you didn't ask me for my opinion, but here it is anyway: I think that the album is overly long and therefore exhausting and boring; I would have preferred an EP containing only the first two songs and the last one. Also, the song structures feel a bit contrived and some riffs transition abruptly. I chose to include the album in the list despite these flaws because of its atmosphere and its attempted ambitious songwriting.

I have to disagree for the most part. I understand your argument because I've used a very similar one for Trivium's Shogun (just an example). But I think Oracle Moon by far has the best riffs of any of the stuff I mentioned. I mean the riffs are just fucking colossal. And like you mentioned, it has a really great atmosphere. The songwriting is pretentious but I don't really feel like it's redundant. I agree that it's lengthy and can be exhausting to get all the way through. I sort of appreciate albums like that as long as they're actually good, and I think Oracle Moon is a good album.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

P1ayingW1thF1re
A way away from all ways
361 IQ
Thanks for the response Kyto. I agree that Oracle Moon has some great riffs, but it also has some forgettable ones. "Continuum" is alright I suppose, but "Desert Shadows" and "Dissolution of the Forms" are outclassed by the other tracks in my opinion. I actually don't think the songwriting is pretentious or very redundant; the length of the album, the more-of-the-same middle songs, and the atmosphere itself are what make Oracle Moon an endurance test for me. I think we agree about some of the album's merits, though. Apologies if I repeated myself from my previous post.
Last edited by P1ayingW1thF1re at Sep 23, 2016,
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf
792 IQ
Morphogenesis26

I only see one review for later Cromlech and dude didn't know what the fuck he was talking about, I love their latter stuff maybe more than the early stuff. Yeah that song is quite interesting maybe you can youtube it not sure? it was made for a comp sadly. And God Macabre to D really? the fuck lol. Phleb I can see easily being C cool.

Meh some kid says Belakor is better than Garden of Shadows... their riff work is shit though :/ no comparison

@nick0 I'd disagree I think those two tracks are pretty great as well upon closer listening... now Heart of the Corona I can't remember so Imma have to give it a listen sometime. Apparently Septic Flesh and Depresy were an influence to these guys, pretty awesome, they went all the way to the Czech republic to see them and got offered to play along side them, pretty awesome hahaha. Recently rediscovered Depresy and was pretty impressed with their material
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Sep 24, 2016,