Page 471 of 471
Dude in the IRC (that place you all oughtta be) linked this today:

Note the year (1979)

Thoughts?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
One of the most important bands in the Italian scene. Paul Chain brought Goblin's atmosphere to metal, and it paid off. Synth heavy at times coupled with occultism. Death SS basically forged the Italian heavy/doom/black scenes. Coincidence that those three genres are Italy's strongest output? Likely!

Sounded a bit like I was doing an interview for MTV in an alternate dimension, but I cannot applaud their work enough.

Run After To I also think had a huge part, but they don't have the clout that death SS do

I mean, ultimately Goblin werection still vastly more important than Death SS were.

Italian metal is beautifully unified and orchestrated thematically.

CHAINS

OF DEATH

CHAINS

OF DEATH
Yeah Death SS is great. Especially the old stuff... and the new stuff is fun too.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Always stuck with the Paul Chain stuff. Otherwise I think they're ok. Definitely not Paul Chain'saw baby by any means, but those just happen to be my favourite works.
First 3 Death Ss albums are also amazing. Forgot to put them on my phone goddammit
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
This thread needs some Sargeist. Just cause. Who the fuck doesnt like Sargeist. fite me

Let The Devil In is chock full of memorable riffs. Vocals are whatever, good but eh. Feeding the Crawling Shadows had better vocals to these ears. Overall I think Let the Devil In was just better quality. Riffs sounded so pure and perfectly oriented with their sound on Let the Devil In.

Finnish scene are pretty good regardless. Behexen's Ritual of Flesh and Blood still lingers in my noggin after all these years.

Love those melodies. They're simple, but scary effective.