Page 6 of 6
Quote by madbasslover
I don't know jack shit about anything before Revolution DNA and I love them.

Shit isn't censored, silly.

Their early stuff is better than their later stuff by a long mile, if you're into more of a OSDM vibe.
You might like it. Like I said, it's more old school death metal than recent attempts. Very good, Temple of the Lost Race is my favourite earlier works.
Been getting into Communion quite a bit lately, gonna start working my way back a bit. Best old album?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
The thing with Communion Vs Mystic Places, is were the former is based primarily around the symphonic parts, with generic chugging guitar and drum parst backing it up. The old stuff was more oriented around full pieces that were allot more lively and interesting on all fronts. They did'nt have the huge sound to fall back on so they actually had to focus on writting innovative songs to get their point across, thats how i feel at least.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

^Makes sense to me.
I think I still prefer the more obviously flashy and shiny Communion, but I can see your point for sure.

Just got the new album and it's kicking my arse. Absolutely marvelous wall of sound.
The Great Mass album is a masterpiece ! Recently acquired it and I just can't stop listening to it, in my opinion way better than communion, great melodies, clean vocals etc.. Musically it's spot on, I love it..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Necrolust
The Great Mass album is a masterpiece ! Recently acquired it and I just can't stop listening to it, in my opinion way better than communion, great melodies, clean vocals etc.. Musically it's spot on, I love it..

It has my vote for album of the year. Nothing release this year can compete with it.
Quote by Spartan101400
It has my vote for album of the year. Nothing release this year can compete with it.

I agree ! I mean, every single song in there is a masterpiece on every aspect.. They got me excited about the genre again !

Sadly they lost album of the year to a christian band :p
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Necrolust
I agree ! I mean, every single song in there is a masterpiece on every aspect.. They got me excited about the genre again !

Sadly they lost album of the year to a christian band :p

I'm planning on surprising my subscribers with the announcement that it gets Album of the Year from me. They're expecting Mastodon or Megadeth, they're going to get Septic Flesh.
Season of mist are reissuing the first 5 albums, cd and vinyl.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Yeah, I've already ordered the Mystic Places of Dawn reissue.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Quote by Stranglehold
Season of mist are reissuing the first 5 albums, cd and vinyl.

Great, re-issue them right after I drop about $60 on the pair of Mystic Places and Ophidian Wheel.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Quote by ctfod
Yeah, I've already ordered the Mystic Places of Dawn reissue.

Mmm such a great album. But they should have kept the original artwork.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
The awful new art is the reason im going cd rather than lp. I dont need 12'' by 12'' of some awful looking crap.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I don't have any major issues with it other than it's a bit generic. A redone version of the original would be just the ticket
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by Riffmast
The thing with Communion Vs Mystic Places, is were the former is based primarily around the symphonic parts, with generic chugging guitar and drum parst backing it up. The old stuff was more oriented around full pieces that were allot more lively and interesting on all fronts. They did'nt have the huge sound to fall back on so they actually had to focus on writting innovative songs to get their point across, thats how i feel at least.

hahahaa exactly what I've thought when listening to their newer stuff.. guess I'll check out Esoptron and the re-releases