Has anyone tried this amp? I've been to every last guitar shop near me, and nobody has one to demo. I know Satch has a video and sound clip of him demoing the amp, but...well, it's Satch playing and producing it, so I doubt an average player like myself will sound quite as good.

I'm looking to replace my Valvetronix with this - I play anywhere from SRV to Slash to metal kinds of tone, and I'm not sure if the Mini Colossal can handle it.

For reference, here's the pedals I use:

- Digitech Bad Monkey
- Boss DS-1 (I'm looking to upgrade, so give me suggestions!)
- Boss CE-5
- Boss DD-6
- Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by hwaug2
Has anyone tried this amp? I've been to every last guitar shop near me, and nobody has one to demo. I know Satch has a video and sound clip of him demoing the amp, but...well, it's Satch playing and producing it, so I doubt an average player like myself will sound quite as good.

I'm looking to replace my Valvetronix with this - I play anywhere from SRV to Slash to metal kinds of tone, and I'm not sure if the Mini Colossal can handle it.

For reference, here's the pedals I use:

- Digitech Bad Monkey
- Boss DS-1 (I'm looking to upgrade, so give me suggestions!)
- Boss CE-5
- Boss DD-6
- Dunlop Crybaby

Probably the best 5 watter you'll get for sane money
I love my DS-1. Whats wrong with that? If you want MORE distoriton, dont lose the old DS-1.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
@Horlicks - Thanks for the input Horlicks. I'm planning on pretty much jamming at home or maybe with some MP3s or something, so I didn't want to get anything over 15 watts - although I was looking at the Tiny Terror, as well.

@Walt - Hmmm, I'm not too big of a fan of the DS-1. It's okay for chord work, but I find it sounds kind of thin and whiny for lead - of course, I'm running it through a modeling amp right now though, so it might sound different through the JSX.

I was looking at the Jekyll and Hyde OD/Distortion to replace my Bad Monkey/DS-1. Not sure if I want to spend the money, though.
I want to know how to adjust the Vox EX TONELAB carefully to the sound of the guitar like Jimmy Page solo now. I appreciate your help and advice.
Quote by pumpkinpieSS
I want to know how to adjust the Vox EX TONELAB carefully to the sound of the guitar like Jimmy Page solo now. I appreciate your help and advice.

You are literally ******ed.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs