Page 967 of 967
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Cheers dude, I don't listen to any of those things any more 'cause they're not that great and remind me of how I used to be all arrogant and stuff. And probably still am.

I've got a garage punk album that's pretty much finished apart from the vocals but I've been 'working' on it for the last 2 years so can't really picture it being done any time soon.

There are some of the very rough, very raw, badly played demos on youtube if you'd like a listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-H9hV-i6EM

Apart from that I'm doing a coast hardcore style thing with a seriously talented rhythm section, it's very casual but I think they want to do some gigs in the near future. I need to knuckle down and write some OK music for this, but for now we've just been jamming a few riffs and that's worked out fairly well, even if I am doing a complete East Bay Ray, Greg Ginn and Deniz Tek rip off for the most part.

They wanted me to be the singer but I don't want to do it and I need someone else to write lyrics because mine are invariably about mice and evil penguins and bacon parasites.
lavazza
K**e sold out
7,304 IQ
Still like that garage punk stuff.

Don´t listen to hardcore a lot.... After listen to a band I like, most of the time I mark that they are british and from the 80s and listen to a band I don´t like so much, I mark that they are from the USA and from the 80s.
I´m looking forward to summer when The Lurkers come to Germany again and I´ll also see Subhumans and Drongos for Europe in Enschede.

Anyway nice to see you are still alive and unusually have a band.
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
I listen to shitloads of hardcore because I'm still rad as heck.

Wolfbrigade's new album is really good. Tragedy's new album isn't good. Bad Religion made another album and I still listened to it even though I knew better.

I even listened to the new NOFX album. All I can say is that the new NOFX album definitely has something that could approximate music on it.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
SuperBlob
DIRECT HIT!
1,589 IQ
hay whats up

Man this place ****ing died. All I'm gonna say is I downloaded the Government Detox EP the other day. Fun times.

EDIT: Just read the Eddie Bastard incident. That...escalated quite a bit. Also I love how quickly he pulled the "I'M OLDER THAN YOU I KNOW MORE" card. Especially given that's probably the mildest I've actually seen Axe.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Last edited by SuperBlob at Apr 7, 2014,
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
When you're an old punk age is literally the only thing you have on young punks.

That and maybe cardio-vascular problems.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
the glue man
beep
649 IQ
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Cheers dude, I don't listen to any of those things any more 'cause they're not that great and remind me of how I used to be all arrogant and stuff. And probably still am.

I've got a garage punk album that's pretty much finished apart from the vocals but I've been 'working' on it for the last 2 years so can't really picture it being done any time soon.

There are some of the very rough, very raw, badly played demos on youtube if you'd like a listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-H9hV-i6EM

Apart from that I'm doing a coast hardcore style thing with a seriously talented rhythm section, it's very casual but I think they want to do some gigs in the near future. I need to knuckle down and write some OK music for this, but for now we've just been jamming a few riffs and that's worked out fairly well, even if I am doing a complete East Bay Ray, Greg Ginn and Deniz Tek rip off for the most part.

They wanted me to be the singer but I don't want to do it and I need someone else to write lyrics because mine are invariably about mice and evil penguins and bacon parasites.

Just listened to your song. Can totally see the influences in there. What do you record with? We just ordered a Focusrite Scarlet 80i8 interface to record with and we're all somewhat new to the recording process.

Sidenote, I wish UG was more like Reddit.
llanafreak44
boom tah boom-boom tah
3,358 IQ
Quote by axeslash
I listen to shitloads of hardcore because I'm still rad as heck.

Wolfbrigade's new album is really good. Tragedy's new album isn't good. Bad Religion made another album and I still listened to it even though I knew better.

I even listened to the new NOFX album. All I can say is that the new NOFX album definitely has something that could approximate music on it.

Tragedy's new album is really good in my opinion. Bad Religion's most recent album actually has a few listenable songs that somewhat stand out from the other 14 (jesus) albums.

Unrelated: My band is opening for A Wilhelm Scream soon, so that's cool. Their new album was good.
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites
1,175 IQ
Hey guys, we finished an EP, you can have for free if ya want. Any of ya that heard our shit like 3 years ago, i apologize for that.

We had a gig with lower class brats a while ago, which was cool. might be retiring this band

http://thebananarchistsoc.bandcamp.com/album/the-bananarchists-ep

a taste if ya want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEE83gFC8-c
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
pinheadslts75
BrainDamage
1,113 IQ
probably flying to denver to play a show with a band I suppose I'm a member of?
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Quote by the glue man
Just listened to your song. Can totally see the influences in there. What do you record with? We just ordered a Focusrite Scarlet 80i8 interface to record with and we're all somewhat new to the recording process.

Sidenote, I wish UG was more like Reddit.

I have a little Pro Tools LE rig in my bedroom, and record drums with a tiny bit of guitar leak, then overdub on top of that. But keeping it as live as you can works better because you get more energy that way.
the glue man
beep
649 IQ
I fell into a "hardcore" group with the drummer of my main band, where he plays bass. I play guitar in both. Working on San Lorenzo songs, but they're not as simple as the new stuff. Recaída is in my sig at the bottom, please listen! Sloppy recording process but hey I don't think it's bad for my first try!
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
I haven't played guitar in like a month and a half. I've been listening to non-punk music. I found my Dead Kennedys Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables shirt at the bottom of my closet and haven't worn it for like 2 years.

I woke up at 6 in the morning and drank a beer. After passing out drunk last night. Luckily for me alcoholism will always be punk.

I'm listening to the new Offspring album. What the **** happened to these guys? They released Ignition! Smash! The good parts of Ixnay On The Hombre!
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
they censor naughty swear words in this forum still can you guys believe i spent the majority of my punk glory days here?
█▐▌█▐▌
1,459 IQ
what's up, you earn your beer money with math these days or what? pure math seems really cool. math math math. kinda wish i studied it, like lautréamont and tzara. it would have been a good fit for me. obsessional par excellence, trying to abolish nature and spirit. seems like no one in my world knows math. not computer science or engineering but lust to drown in numbers and operations. man, my education, undecided bullshit that keeps dragging out. drown in numbers my fellow, ne cédez pas sur votre désir, go to the end!
neidnarb11890
gentle collapsing
270 IQ
i could see myself (in another life) pursuing "pure math" as well. would not wanna pursue engineering -- engineers are all workin' for the clampdown.
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Digging the tunes and recordings, the glue man!

This band are from DC:

https://soundcloud.com/icekittens/sets/bloodsicle-4-track-demo

I think that Pizza Party is one of the greatest songs ever written, I stumbled across them when I was googling for pictures of Kittens playing Ice Hockey.

I'd really like to make a cartoon show about a kitten ice hockey team.

It makes sense when you think about it, because the captain could be called Mario Le Mew. There would be an enforcer on the team but to send out a positive message to the kids he'd be a gentle giant who threw tea parties.

Also, the show would promote diversity through positive stereotypes, and the kittens would be awarded a trophy each week just for participating. And there'd be Kitten Snacks as an incentive to play harder, kind of like Scooby Snacks in the popular Hanna Barbera cartoon Scooby Doo (1969).
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Jun 21, 2014,
neidnarb11890
gentle collapsing
270 IQ
hello brian apocalypse for some reason you came up in a conversation at band practice yesterday (yes we talk about people from the internet) after someone used the phrase "sex kitten" anyway it is good to see you are still around & talking about kittens.
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Aw nice, glad to see I'm still an internet celebrity.

If anyone remembers SS311, he lives in London now so we've met up for beers a couple of times and reminisced about how we spent far too much of our lives posting on guitar forums.
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
1,364 IQ
lol I used to AIM chat w/ that dude. Tell him I said hi and that he was totes right about Iraq and Bush n' shit!!!!

lol Iraq and Bush.
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
My friend had me take a look at his bass guitar to see if I could troubleshoot it and fix it.

Oh my god it's worse than I could have possibly imagined. The soldering job looks atrocious and I did better the first time I ever put an iron to solder. Good thing all the white and yellow wires look identical due to years of dirt and cigarette smoke.

Grounds are soldered to the backs of pots and then the pots aren't connected, so the grounds aren't fully connected.

Oh and the output is soldered to the one connection on the output jack, which is unfortunately ground.

The output jack, oh my god the output jack. IT ONLY HAS ONE CONNECTION LUG FOR GROUND. ONLY ONE CONNECTION POST. FOR GROUND.

What the fuck have I gotten myself into?
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Ugh. The input jack was broken so they soldered the signal to the ground on the output jack, and thus some quick resoldering fixed everything.
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Hi axe
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
heyo
the glue man
beep
649 IQ
Thanks, BrianApocalypse! I just uploaded some songs onto the Ultimate-Guitar Mp3 device as well.

Also, I didn't realize that the neo-Dead Kennedys are still touring! How did it go? I saw Jello & the Melvins in 2006 and it was mind-blowing. I'd probably go see the DKs without Jello as well.

Glad to see that some of you are still alive and kickin' (on an internet forum!)
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
hi punx.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
This forum's like walking by an old Circuit City if you hung around Circuit City a lot back in high school.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
bucky_2300
Onward!
1,344 IQ
I log in to my old UG account for shits and giggles, and this is what Punk and Ska has become?! Clearly the masses have moved on to reddit. This place used to be downright busy when I was a regular user. I'm almost sad.
no
DanRev
Boom/Bap?
129 IQ
drunx punx punx
Last edited by DanRev at Dec 1, 2014,
GoodCharloteSux
3,778 IQ
Well which is it, get your story straight
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Fallenoath
My minds playin' tricks
985 IQ
Quote by neidnarb11890
r.i.p. punk & ska i will never forget u

Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
neidnarb11890
gentle collapsing
270 IQ
hey, whoever mods this place now, any chance of un-"sticky"-ing all those dead/irrelevant threads? the b&a subforums kinda look like garbage atm.
theguitarist
I closed your thread.
1,293 IQ
Quote by neidnarb11890
hey, whoever mods this place now, any chance of un-"sticky"-ing all those dead/irrelevant threads? the b&a subforums kinda look like garbage atm.

okay.

also use hardcore chat thread for chat now.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o