Page 40 of 40
C4c?
love dead like a crushed fly

for those of you who said you'd be interested in hearing my lyrics put to music- I started work on recording an album, if you get in touch with me pm or otherwise I'd be more than happy to fill you in
I think not being able to bump my posts is a shame, but thats just because I'm butthurt about virtually everything I post in S+L sinking to the bottom with no..sparks. sigh...a lament to my poor sensitive soul
heavyfluff.bandcamp.com
It happens, we've all become lazy potatoes in regards to responding.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
I'm new here and my observation is that nobody is responding. I'll stick it out for a couple of weeks, but what I want is the opportunity to talk to other people about about lyrics - not just the ones I post. The only way to encourage people is feedback itself...it doesn't even have to be detailed. I stopped after a few - I didn't want to spam the forum up, but it would be nice to see more than two responses per thread, if that - and a bit more frequency!
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo
Quote by Herr Rararr
I'm new here and my observation is that nobody is responding. I'll stick it out for a couple of weeks, but what I want is the opportunity to talk to other people about about lyrics - not just the ones I post. The only way to encourage people is feedback itself...it doesn't even have to be detailed. I stopped after a few - I didn't want to spam the forum up, but it would be nice to see more than two responses per thread, if that - and a bit more frequency!
It's indeed very sad to see. The forum used to be so active. But I myself am not active any more and I am the moderator. If the users are not there critiquing then there isn't much one or two moderators can do. There is only so much effort one or two people can put in before they become distant and non-existent. Normally a replacement would be found, but the forum became too inactive and absent. And even if someone was found, it's only a matter of time before they too become tired of trying to keep things afloat on their own. The responsibility cannot be upon just one or two people. If the users are not there then neither are the moderators or admins.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
It's indeed very sad to see. The forum used to be so active. But I myself am not active any more and I am the moderator. If the users are not there critiquing then there isn't much one or two moderators can do. There is only so much effort one or two people can put in before they become distant and non-existent. Normally a replacement would be found, but the forum became too inactive and absent. And even if someone was found, it's only a matter of time before they too become tired of trying to keep things afloat on their own. The responsibility cannot be upon just one or two people. If the users are not there then neither are the moderators or admins.

It's not a dig at you or your fellow mod - it's more of an observation. Like I said - I'll respond to every thread that I think I can contribute towards and try and encourage dialogue. I know what you mean - people do lose interest, maybe it's worth having a couple more mods so that there is always someone around who will respond - empowering a couple of your regulars so that they are motivated to continue posting and might even bring in some others?

Just spit-balling here, that's all.
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

Quote by Herr Rararr
It's not a dig at you or your fellow mod - it's more of an observation. Like I said - I'll respond to every thread that I think I can contribute towards and try and encourage dialogue. I know what you mean - people do lose interest, maybe it's worth having a couple more mods so that there is always someone around who will respond - empowering a couple of your regulars so that they are motivated to continue posting and might even bring in some others?

Just spit-balling here, that's all.
I've contacted the other mods. We'll have a discussion about it. This should have been done long ago, but I kept putting it off. Thanks for the message.
I'm going to be trying to make an effort to respond to something in S&L regularly, focusing on pieces that haven't gotten responses yet and/or ones I just really like.

whar that forum defibrillator at
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I've contacted the other mods. We'll have a discussion about it. This should have been done long ago, but I kept putting it off. Thanks for the message.

Any progress on this at all?
|

----

Quote by Herr Rararr
Any progress on this at all?
One admin responded, that's it. I'll have another think about what can be done.
Hey guys. Its been a while since I last came by here. But I have a new song I am really enjoying performing.

This is 'Catfish Women' and I would love any feedback you would like to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClaNU-Qalc0
This is the forum feedback thread. Please post in Original Recordings or the lyrics in Songwriting & Lyrics.
However, this idea is interesting. Just difficult to implement to S+L. Maybe an interesting twist for the contest forums though. Right now I don't see this happening, but there's no harm in discussing it to see if we can get something out of this.

I think there are people who want to post here, and give and received feedback... but a few more active mods would help so much. New blood. A shake up. I've been a part of many forums over the years on all kinds of subjects, ran a few and helped out as a mod. Every few months it's always a good idea to inject something new into the forum. To be honest active contests in an easy to find place would be ideal as a start. I mean I'm not overly competitive myself, but I know that plenty of people are. And it would be a good way of building up community again, surely.

The main problem is that you get a bunch of people posting miscategorised nonsense that gives the place a dodgy image. I'm not trying to upset anyone, I just think the multiple active mods thing, a bunch of people to keep things ship shape would go a long way to making S+L and more friendly looking place to hang around. Often it only takes one troll to absolutely kill a forum, so staffing is, yeah.
Quote by Of_Wolves
I think there are people who want to post here, and give and received feedback... but a few more active mods would help so much. New blood. A shake up. I've been a part of many forums over the years on all kinds of subjects, ran a few and helped out as a mod. Every few months it's always a good idea to inject something new into the forum. To be honest active contests in an easy to find place would be ideal as a start. I mean I'm not overly competitive myself, but I know that plenty of people are. And it would be a good way of building up community again, surely.

The main problem is that you get a bunch of people posting miscategorised nonsense that gives the place a dodgy image. I'm not trying to upset anyone, I just think the multiple active mods thing, a bunch of people to keep things ship shape would go a long way to making S+L and more friendly looking place to hang around. Often it only takes one troll to absolutely kill a forum, so staffing is, yeah.

Agreed. Working on it.