Page 4 of 4
Got my black with gold hardware Viking Deluxe about a month ago and I am a very happy camper. I don't know if it is psychologically or physically possible to fall in love with a guitar but if not I may be breaking new ground here. I have tried many excellent axes over 40 years and this is hands down the most enjoyable. It is not perfect but it feels great plays great looks great. I want to play with it all day. Maybe I am in love. Very versatile sound, great action, fantastic sustain. I played a HJ600 which was a beautiful play, just before this one, and the VD was just as good if not better.
Anyone experience with the Super Swede P90s? I'm gonna test one tomorrow, I can't wait tbh!!
Not sure i saw anyone comment on the deuce-f. Bought one at the beginning of this year, tobacco sunburst, 2 custom 58 humbuckers with individual coil splits. Clean this guitar sounds very good, but throw some overdrive, and it really starts shining. You get a snarly almost nasally tone, very versatile with the individual coil splits, especially in the middle position. One thing about hagstroms is the tone knobs, with both my hags (f-200p being my other) the tone knob really doesnt do much until the final third or quarter turn. New pots should fix this problem. I wasnt impressed with the f-200p's sound, could be mistreatment from the previous owner, so i stripped it down and i am in the process of replacing all wiring, pots, pickups etc. Ill post when im finished with pictures and impression.
Hello all, God dag!

I'm hoping to find some information regarding a 1963 Hagstrom Futurama Coronado Automatic (serial number: 568079) that I have come into possession of. Or rather the remains of this guitar.

The Guitar has been woefully mistreated over the years. The paint has been very badly sanded off, it is missing 2 of the pickups and all of the switches. It still has the original vibrato/tailpiece, the truss-rod cover and machine heads.

Originally I was hoping to refurbish this guitar to its original condition. However it seems that it will be incredibly difficult to find all the necessary parts to do this. So I am thinking it might be useful to others to sell the parts to be used for replacement in other Hagstrom guitars.

I am therefore looking for help finding people who would be interested in these parts – or who can help me source replacement parts to refurbish this guitar.

Any help or advice that you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time!
Quote by hagstrompomeg
Hello all, God dag!

I'm hoping to find some information regarding a 1963 Hagstrom Futurama Coronado Automatic (serial number: 568079) that I have come into possession of. Or rather the remains of this guitar.

The Guitar has been woefully mistreated over the years. The paint has been very badly sanded off, it is missing 2 of the pickups and all of the switches. It still has the original vibrato/tailpiece, the truss-rod cover and machine heads.

Originally I was hoping to refurbish this guitar to its original condition. However it seems that it will be incredibly difficult to find all the necessary parts to do this. So I am thinking it might be useful to others to sell the parts to be used for replacement in other Hagstrom guitars.

I am therefore looking for help finding people who would be interested in these parts – or who can help me source replacement parts to refurbish this guitar.

Any help or advice that you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time!

Check here and here.
Mmm yeah, forgot about Hagstrom. One of these days, I really need to grab a nice semi-hollow. How are the Vikings? Sometimes I see them selling really cheap online.
Bought my first Hagstrom this past 7/7/2016. I am very pleased with my 2009 Swede Gold Top. Time to work on acquiring more to start a collection. The Super Swede Custom in Champagne Sparkle finish is on my wish list for sure. Then I have got to get a Viking and an original 70s vintage Swede. Hmm, why else? A Hagstrom amp would be nice. Oh, an of coarse one of the Nortern Swedes they are producing in Europe nowadays.
2006 Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty 3
2006 Epiphone Sheraton II
2009 Hagstrom Swede Gold Top
2011 Gretsch G5120 Electromatic
Great therapy session this morning after a stressful night at work with relationship drama on the side. Took my 2009 Hagstrom Swede Gold Top and Fender Mustang II amp out to the garage and played that shit fucken loud! It felt great. I highly recommend it! Playing Rancid, Weezer, Misfits. A natural rejuvenating high.
2006 Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty 3
2006 Epiphone Sheraton II
2009 Hagstrom Swede Gold Top
2011 Gretsch G5120 Electromatic
twisty571 My partner just bought an ultra Swede but he wants to put a Hagstom equivalent of a bigsby on it. He finally contacted Hagstom and they told him they don't sell the unit to anyone. It just comes on the guitars that they make with it already installed so I thought I'd find a Hagstrom forum and see if anyone knows where he could get a Hagstrom tremolo/Bigsby type attachement. He is very proficient and will install it himself if he can find the part somewhere. Anyone out there with some advice? Nancy
Also, by coincidence the same day I bought a HAGSTROM 8 string bass. I need a new 5 placement selector switch. Anyone know where I could get one?
hagstrompomeg Hi I just put a post up about a Hagstrom Ultra Swede BIGSBY type tremolo bar. Does your guitar have one and would you be willing to sell it and I DONT have a clue what they are worth as Hagstrom says they won't sell one as they only put them on guitars that they sell. IE no retrofitting....but you sound like you would like to part out the instrument you have. Let me know.... email address is nwr3@yahoo.com That is the whole bridge w/tremolo bar is what I'm looking for. Thanks so much.
I know it won't look the same, but I'd just get something like a genuine Bigsby or the like.

Switches could be had at Allparts, STEWMAC, and places like that.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.