Page 2 of 2
I think I just noticed this now but Syd Barret also had a white Telecaster with reflective circles.

Anyone else noticed that? Very odd coincidence, I guess it could have been a popular thing to add to guitars then.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by forsaknazrael
best crotm ever.

Question, though:
Why is the Supro Thunderbolt ruled out?

Well, the Supro Page bought in '61 seems to be the same one he used for the first album, he supposedly bought it at Selmers Music in England with Albert Lee. The Thunderbolt didn't come out until '64. I guess technically that doesn't rule it out 100% but there's really nothing to back up the claim he even owned, yet alone used a Thunberbolt. I'm not even sure where the Thunderbolt suggestion originated.

Also another little bit about the Supros, Page always described it having a single 12" speaker. The Thunderbolt used a 15". The Coronado used two 10" speakers, the theory for the Coronado was he just modified it for one 12". I'm not aware of him ever mentioning swapping speakers in the Supro though, all we get from him is "a small Supro with a 12" speaker"
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Nov 7, 2008,
Good to know My suggestions don't go to waste here.

Very nicely done Led.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Wasn't the Dragon Tele stolen, not put into storage?
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by Mongoose87
Wasn't the Dragon Tele stolen, not put into storage?

No. It's not the first time I've heard that either, it's not true. I'd like to know where that one got started.
wow, i just read the entire thing...

and i didnt even try to ignore Plant
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
I thought I read or herd somewhere that the dragon Tele was stolen. I guess where I herd or read that was wrong. Thanks for a great post.
Great job man. And whilst not on topic with the "classic" rock guitarists, but it just dawned on me that for upcoming CROTM's, if anyone knows who I'm talking about, They're going to have a hell of a time doing Josh Homme's (Queens of the Stone Age, Kyuss, Desert Sessions)
Hmm going back through some interviews, Jimmy did indeed mention a friend screwing up the Dragon Tele's body by painting over it but it is NOT the body to the B-Bender Tele. Might have to go back and add that

Excellent job friend on one of rock's truest heroes and one of my favorites!
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
wow, nice work! you could comprise that into a book, make loads of money and move to a small private island. when you do, you owe me a tenner...
||||
Thanks for taking the time to do that! Great read.
Peavey Valveking 112
Godin Freeway Classic
EHX Nano Small Stone
Boss DD-6
Quote by G-Gilles
wow, nice work! you could comprise that into a book, make loads of money and move to a small private island. when you do, you owe me a tenner...

erm LOL
Quote by Cachao
yes thanks for the excellent CROTM-what does CROTM stand for?

Celebrity Rig of the Month
Amazing CROTM, but anyone know teh cheapest MKII clone out there?
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Fantastic Thread ! Congratulations for the awesome job
Quote by MoonageDaydream
Amazing CROTM, but anyone know teh cheapest MKII clone out there?

The first one that springs to mind is the BYOC (Build Your Own Clone) MKII. They sell the kit for $100 and prebuilt for $130. The MJM Britbender Original is $180. They also make a MKIII as well. Throbak makes the Stonebender, I think that is $180, it's a little more than just a MKII clone. There's loads of other clones, some are very pricey like Pro Analog or DAM.

Building your own from scratch (not a kit) is the cheapest way. Watch eBay as well, sometimes people will sell their own clones and generally they won't bring much more than $80.
Yeah, thanks very much man.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Wow is all that comes to mind. Awsome work. Now i know more than i will even want to know about Page. The pictures of him with a beard are weird though, i don't picture the beard when i think Page.

Amazing work!
You sir, have outdone yourself on this. Great job!
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
What amps did he use for the 07 show? I saw 4 Orange amps, 2 marshalls, There were two more I couldnt ever get a good look at... I couldnt remember ever seeing them before.
The Petersburg amps are the ones you're thinking of.

By the way I'm working on post-Zep gear at the moment which I'll add at little later to this thread.
Quote by MetalGear1786
What amps did he use for the 07 show? I saw 4 Orange amps, 2 marshalls, There were two more I couldnt ever get a good look at... I couldnt remember ever seeing them before.

BTW great article!!! The dragon Tele is sooo nice. Why havent they done some kind of, special edition or something of that? They always focus on the Les Paul.
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
The Petersburg amps are the ones you're thinking of.

By the way I'm working on post-Zep gear at the moment which I'll add at little later to this thread.

O_____O; That was quick lol. Anyways I havent ever seen one of those?? I thought it might have been one of those Sovetek amps or something. Thanks man!!! I been trying to figure that out since 3 am when all the vids from the show started hitting youtube lol!! Damn it Fender make a JP Dragon Tele!!! Grr...
The O2 gig was the first I ever seen one too. I'll have to go back through that and see if he even used them. And good question, I really have no clue why Fender never made a replica or something of the Tele.
Quote by TnT~55
In regards to the bridge pickup that is currently in Jimmy's #1, I've heard rumours it may be a SD '59 with a alnico 3 magnet

Heard the same, certainly plausible. The Gibson replica uses a Burstbucker with an alnico 3 magnet so there could be some truth behind that.
Page 2 of 2