Page 69 of 69
if your hair is thick enough then yeah go for that pompadour thing. Otherwise the super harsh undercut that the Rapture posted a few posts back is good. Otherwise just let it grow long and shaggy and get layered cuts for it idk.
Thats pretty much how i have my hair but i have the sides at a grade not 2 different grades
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Cool. Shaved back and sides are the way to go, I personally go for a 2 fading to a 3 fading to long and swept back on the top/front.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by cha33 armstrong
Thats pretty much how i have my hair but i have the sides at a grade not 2 different grades

It's a cool look.

Maybe I'll just ask for a James Dean and the barber will know what I mean ^_^
Quote by Duffman123
It's a cool look.

Maybe I'll just ask for a James Dean and the barber will know what I mean ^_^

I just have 2 sides and back then slick it back
- Frank Castle
Quote by cha33 armstrong
I just have 2 sides and back then slick it back

Only thing is I have shitty frizzy fine hair.

What product do you use? I use American Crew Forming Cream because I don't like my hair shiny but the hold seems a bit shit.
if you need something with good hold, and don't really care about your scalp, Dax wax or some heavy pomades will work. I used to use Dax a lot, and it's pretty good. Completely waterproof, not too much shine, will let you do whatever you want. Of course your scalp will hate it and it's a bugger to wash out, but whatever
Quote by Duffman123
Only thing is I have shitty frizzy fine hair.

What product do you use? I use American Crew Forming Cream because I don't like my hair shiny but the hold seems a bit shit.

I use Murrays superior pomade its what Leo Dicaprio has been using for his latest movies, but like dax its a bitch to get out yet it has amazing hold, great to re-style, and give off a nice grease/shine look
- Frank Castle
My hair now grows into the desired shape and I just have to push it back. No product hoorah.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Got the hair cut I wanted!

No part, tapered, and a nice quiff on top; very similar to the photos in the link I posted. May post pics.

Tried the AC Fibre in the barbers and it made my hair really dry and dull, so for now I'm sticking to the Forming Cream. Cheers for the suggestions Chazz but if I'm ever going pomade I think I'll try Layrite since it washes out easily.
Gonna get a size 5 haircut soon. I really like not having to mess with my hair a lot afterwards. Short is the way to go.
My haircut went to shit after about 2 weeks after the cowslick at my crown went out of control. Wanted to grow my hair on top for a few more months to grow a big fuck off quiff or go for an undercut but it had to be chopped

Still looks good just miss the length. Damn these bollocks genes.
This is one of the most underrated threads on UG

Quote by MadClownDisease
F**king hell you're tasty... I don't really have much else to say as I don't know much about girl hair but you look pretty good. Just so you know.
(I spose you have a similar colouring to whatsherface from Paramore, I dunno if you like her or not but she might be a good model to look for hairstyles ye might get?)

tasty

I recently got a super long undercut but now every last shred of my individuality is gone
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Water soluble pomade is the greatest hair product ever made

I try to only wash/condition my hair twice a week (shower daily obviously) so product isn't much use most of the time since you have to shampoo it out, water soluble pomade comes off in the shower in just warm (or cold) water so it's super convenient for me and smells so nice

Quote by The_Blode
I don't know what pomade is...I've heard a bit about it...isn't it just some form of hair cream?

Well, I'm about to book an appointment at Nicki Clarke's in Manchester...yes, I'm changing from my usual place only on a temp basis...as I'm going for some completely different...like not the usual cut I have every time on payday...which is just kinda boring and doesn't really suit me. I want something edgy and a bit rock n roll...like Noel Gallagher's hair this month. I just feel kinda embarrassed about going to the salon...especially Nicki Clarke...last time I was there...I felt so out of place...it just wasn't right...and not to mention, I've opted for a girl to cut my hair...so it's not like I can really use the barber talk with her...but I don't know...maybe she'll do the cut better...because she might be more attentive...I think £45 for a haircut is steep and I shoudn't be wasting that sort of cash on a haircut...low salary and debt and all...but I did win £50 on the health lotto so I can treat myself this once and then back to the normal place next month...but what I'm hoping to achieve by going to this place is that it is possible to cut my hair in a 'style' and it can look good...last time I went to Nicki Clarkes...I had really long hair...and well, I came out looking like a completely different person...as you do when you cut off a lot of hair! And it was a great experience...it changed my whole life really...I had short hair before...but well, being short again was like a new lease on life if you like. Anyways, I'm very concious about having my haircut in there again...but well. I think I have enough length on top for Noel's cut but not quite enough on the sides...but I'll take a picture in ...and go from there. ETR said I should take one in if I'm feeling confident...I thought you take them in if you're not feeling so confident ...that way you don't give them the wrong info and the cut turns out to be terrible. I'm hoping it really works out...it can't get any worse...it's boring as hell, thick, lacks any sort of character...it's been the same sorta style for years...and it's not getting me anywhere so time for the change.

cream is a light based substance where as pomade is a wax or an oil based substance it often creates a more sleek look to the hair follicles where as cream doesnt create a look and you wouldnt know you put some in your hair just be looking
Thinking about shaving my head. I suffered from a skin condition a few years back that was like psoriasis on my scalp, and it caused the hair to go thin at the back of my head. I've been worried about going bald for years and I'm not sure if it's just a few bad pictures, but recently there have been a few pictures taken where the back of my head is in shot, and it looks noticeably thinner, but then when I look in the mirror, it doesn't really look as bad, and actually looks like it's getting thicker.

The problem is, my ears stick out, and I feel like having hair makes everything look more in proportion, plus, it's fairly thick everywhere else; if I shaved it all off, it would look like I have a couple of satellites on the side of my head.

I do get the feeling, however, that if I shaved it all off and go for the bald/beard look (I can grow a pretty powerful beard), my confidence will improve, as at the moment, every time I see a picture taken from a bad angle, I just feel like shit. Plus, if it does look bad, it'll (mostly) just grow back, right?
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.