Page 654 of 654
Nice. Ive had to convince myself eating this week is more important than coilovers, W8 bumpers and an intake/exhaust for the Passat :/ im just settling on 10mm spacers to give the Audi 18s i have on it a better fit with the wheel wells

i actually look forward to weekends now because i get to work on it. New control arms this weekend, wahoo (not really wahoo though, id rather not have to replace those)
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
Nice. Ive had to convince myself eating this week is more important than coilovers, W8 bumpers and an intake/exhaust for the Passat :/ im just settling on 10mm spacers to give the Audi 18s i have on it a better fit with the wheel wells

i actually look forward to weekends now because i get to work on it. New control arms this weekend, wahoo (not really wahoo though, id rather not have to replace those)
If you don't eat, you might get thinner..... more weight saving

I'll probably M3/M4 lower control arms next year.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Btw there are two viper gtsr editions lapping nurburgring at the moment. Crowd funding a lap record attempt.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by Xiaoxi
If you don't eat, you might get thinner..... more weight saving

I'll probably M3/M4 lower control arms next year.

What advantage would those control arms give you? Are they bigger?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
What advantage would those control arms give you? Are they bigger?
they're more adjustable than stock (which has almost fixed camber), so it can be tuned for better turn ins. And I've heard it even improves the steering feel.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
man, fuck TPMS's. I hate how if you don't have them or if one's not working, your car won't even run properly. I have to buy a new set of them for my new wheels...that's an extra $300+...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
what's TPMS?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
Yea. They can be useful but my car practically goes into limp mode if it detects TPMS failure or low tire pressure.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
ah right well that sucks
(\__/)

Lol nice, hopefully someone smart can log onto the ECU and delete that useless function.

My Datsun has a handful of little issues, but I'm so glad none of them is electronic.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Last edited by Good_Lord at Jul 25, 2017,
Quote by Good_Lord
Lol nice, hopefully someone smart can log onto the ECU and delete that useless function.

My Datsun has a handful of little issues, but I'm so glad none of them is electronic.
you need to do more updates on the 240

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana

lol you don't say....

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40723581

Not particularly worried about electric cars and their range, but I do worry about poorer people and charging points. There needs to be masses of investment to install streetside charging points, as there's so many houses without drives or designated parking. This will really shit on a lot of people who don't have the luxury of a parking space.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Like me. Although hopefully I'll have a double garage by the time that comes in. Not that I'll get an electric car.

Quote by OddOneOut
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40723581

Not particularly worried about electric cars and their range, but I do worry about poorer people and charging points. There needs to be masses of investment to install streetside charging points, as there's so many houses without drives or designated parking. This will really shit on a lot of people who don't have the luxury of a parking space.
by that time I suspect most people will have given up car ownership due to self driving cars creating a 24/7 on-demand taxi service monthly subscription model.

They will have to pry the steering wheel, shifter, and gas nozzle from my cold dead hands tho. fuckers.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
by that time I suspect most people will have given up car ownership due to self driving cars creating a 24/7 on-demand taxi service monthly subscription model.

They will have to pry the steering wheel, shifter, and gas nozzle from my cold dead hands tho. fuckers.

Haha tbh I'm more concerned about house prices and loads of other shit. Apparently hybrids aren't covered under the ban so that's likely the way I'd go but we'll see where I am financially in 23 years time.
Quote by Renka

the internal combustion engine has already reached its pinnacle and car design has as well as far as i'm concerned

i'll just carry on enjoying classic cars as long as they don't ban the use of them as well 
(\__/)

Quote by OddOneOut
Haha tbh I'm more concerned about house prices and loads of other shit. Apparently hybrids aren't covered under the ban so that's likely the way I'd go but we'll see where I am financially in 23 years time.
Housing prices is very unknown. Urban planners and architects, if they're not fucking retarded, should be anticipating population growth already and planning accordingly for higher density housing that is energy efficient and well integrated.

In 23 years time if I don't have a 933/964 and NSX and M3 I'm a failure.

Quote by kalypto
the internal combustion engine has already reached its pinnacle and car design has as well as far as i'm concerned

i'll just carry on enjoying classic cars as long as they don't ban the use of them as well
Pfftt of course they will ban, or make it prohibitively expensive to own. Trust me.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Well urban planners throughout the 20th century were apparently fucking retards because they sure as shit weren't planning for the insane population density explosion in pretty much every western urban centre. It's also not going to be remotely easy or inexpensive to implement the infrastructure for an electric future. Im actually not sure what they think they're going to do in order to meet the deadline. Imagine a traffic jam of all electric vehicles, the heat would be ridiculous and might drain the battery way faster than they're rated for. I honestly think the only realistic solution is the power road that charges while you're on it and is solar powered, but again, who the fuck is paying for that and how on earth are they going to convert THAT many roads? I guess you could start off with a single lane similar to the HOV lane on a highway, but fuck me even that sounds brutally expensive
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Acϵ♠ at Yesterday
>tfw have discounted access to all of the strategically placed Superchargers, they'll be doubled by the end of 2017, FL forbids insurance companies to increase premiums on electric cars, and can drive in that car pool lane that some states apparently have

feels good man
Quote by risingforce1
If you want to be good you gotta git gud
Xiaoxi

Feels good to spend money on a car, huh ?
I recently ordered 4 corner lights/side markers, a complete door seal kit and a complete poly bushing kit for the 280Z. I'll be ordering the fender flares soon, I can't decide between the classic ZG or SSworx steel widebody kit. Thing is I'd have to order a custom wheel set and/or do a hub conversion if I go with the ssworxs. Which would also allow me to run better brakes.

I'm also working to design a rear control arm kit, fully adjustable.

No tangible update though, the car is 80% stripped. Only the drivetrain and gas tank are still attached to it lol. I'll have to redo both floors and the driver side frame rail. Easy enough fix. It also has a small rust hole under the battery tray. The headlight buckets are fully repaired, so are the front fenders.

BTW the car on that picture is a 2+2 just like mine. Shows how an ugly duckling of the flock can become one of the prettiest cars around IMO.

I still haven't sold my WRX though... I'm tired of it I want a new DD  
- - - - - - - - - - -
Quote by Acϵ♠
Well urban planners throughout the 20th century were apparently fucking retards because they sure as shit weren't planning for the insane population density explosion in pretty much every western urban centre. It's also not going to be remotely easy or inexpensive to implement the infrastructure for an electric future. Im actually not sure what they think they're going to do in order to meet the deadline. Imagine a traffic jam of all electric vehicles, the heat would be ridiculous and might drain the battery way faster than they're rated for. I honestly think the only realistic solution is the power road that charges while you're on it and is solar powered, but again, who the fuck is paying for that and how on earth are they going to convert THAT many roads? I guess you could start off with a single lane similar to the HOV lane on a highway, but fuck me even that sounds brutally expensive

If I were running a petrol station I would be adding charging points one at a time as demand increases. Put the cost on the oil companies.

the problem is filling up a car with fuel takes a matter of minutes but charging a battery can take hours which is why hybrids make much more sense to me if they can further enhance the capability of hybrids then i can see that as a way forward but the way things stand now fully electric is a huge inconvenience compared to traditional fuel 
(\__/)

The goal for me is to eventually have solar in my home and use that to charge an electric car. I'm an environmentalist before a car enthusiast, but hopefully Tesla breaks into our market. I realize it makes more sense for electric cars to use one gear, but it'd do well to appeal to the "muh manual" crowd. I don't see personal car ownership dying. It'll definitely take a hit, but I'm not convinced Lyft's new technology will outweigh the convenience and appeal of having your own car. I know I would certainly use it given that my commute to work is 1.5 hours by three trains.
Free Ali
Quote by Acϵ♠
I wish 20th century planners were our problem. It's 19th century that has fucked us over, especially in northern towns where the Blitz didn't destroy the old Victorian terraces like in the south. Not to mention the town's and cities with medieval beginnings. Destroying those homes just isn't an option with the massive demand on housing at the moment.

Xiaoxi nah i think it's clear houses with drives/garages/designated parking will be in high demand. Those houses are also less likely to be social housing stock which means those who are most disavantaged will be the ones least able to take up fully electric cars. Not to mention that any scrappage scheme will only benefit those that can actually afford a brand new car.
Quote by Renka

Quote by kalypto
the problem is filling up a car with fuel takes a matter of minutes but charging a battery can take hours which is why hybrids make much more sense to me if they can further enhance the capability of hybrids then i can see that as a way forward but the way things stand now fully electric is a huge inconvenience compared to traditional fuel 

The main logistics of having an electric car is being able to charge it at your place or find an apartment complex with chargers to have it done overnight. Due to the improved range, you'll never need to charge it but overnight maybe once every 4 or more days. There'll be more incentive for apartment complexes to provide the service as time goes on or have people sign leases elsewhere. (And lose a tenant lol). But there's one or two gas stations near here already that have chargers as well.

The superchargers only take 40 minutes for 0 to 100%, but tend to be placed near restraunts and shopping complexes/etc so the wait won't be as bad when you do end up using them, like for road-trips (in the US they're placed near those areas at least, but probably the EU/China/etc as well)

Hybrids are bad for the environment and not the way forward.
Quote by risingforce1
Last edited by Fat Lard at Today
In 20 years when the ban comes in those supercharger stations will probably take the same length of time as filling a tank does now.

I'm just waiting for over-the-air charging like the person Tesla imagined.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
It's insane how ahead of time he was

Quote by risingforce1
charging a battery quickly is bad for the battery

instead of air pollution we'll just end up with huge landfills filled with dead batteries, but it doesn't matter if they're all shipped halfway across the world, out of sight out of mind right 
(\__/)

That's what SpaceX is for. We're going to pile all of them up and launch them into the sun

but for real, the production of electricity has the ability to improve over time as the tech evolves, and whilst lithium mining may not be the best thing ever for the planet, it's much more cleaner. Li-ion batteries have already seen huge improvement, there's big R&D going on at the gigafactories, and you won't need to be changing the car batteries until after like a million miles, apart from maybe a few lemons here and there
Quote by risingforce1
alright well we'll just have to see where battery technology takes us
(\__/)

alright enough about fun killing transport appliances. Back to cars please.

Quote by Good_Lord
Xiaoxi Feels good to spend money on a car, huh ?
Until I see my credit balance

I recently ordered 4 corner lights/side markers, a complete door seal kit and a complete poly bushing kit for the 280Z. I'll be ordering the fender flares soon, I can't decide between the classic ZG or SSworx steel widebody kit. Thing is I'd have to order a custom wheel set and/or do a hub conversion if I go with the ssworxs. Which would also allow me to run better brakes.

I'm also working to design a rear control arm kit, fully adjustable.

No tangible update though, the car is 80% stripped. Only the drivetrain and gas tank are still attached to it lol. I'll have to redo both floors and the driver side frame rail. Easy enough fix. It also has a small rust hole under the battery tray. The headlight buckets are fully repaired, so are the front fenders.
What an exciting project!!

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana