10 IQ
Quote by Rebelw/outaCord
I gotta get 3 more for a shirt

Name of Item- Dunlop Straplocks
Who It Is Made By - Dunlop
Features- Locks
Cost- $20? I paid 20 with installation.
Style of Music It Fits- All of them
Why You Like It- My guitar doesnt fall. They have never failed me yet. Really easy to use, too.
Picture

the schallers tend to work better and teh flat ones that look like donuts are horrible

cost-19 bucks
style-universal
why- you have to pull the pin out and slide your guitar up to get the button out of a cradle. with the dunlops there are bearings that hold your guitar on, the strap psice somes straight out and all you have to do is bump it inorder for the bearigs to release it makes me feel safer with my guitar and its soft nitro celulouse
Zen_Zepplin
Bann3d
124 IQ
^

Let me add to that.

Name of Item X-V-Amp
Who It Is Made By Behringer

Features

Cost $149 RRP. I got mine for $100

Style of Music It Fits It's a modeller its meant to be versatile. Fits most styles of music. Can do metal, blues, classic rock, to an extent funk.

Why You Like It

It started me on my search for better tones. I started with a Roland Cube 15 and after a few months got bored of the sound. I love to tweak as it my calling or something (im a techy guy). You better love to read manuals as this is quite complex to operate with its many button thingys. Its a breeze compared to teh VAMP 2. My friend bought that and he thinks the Tweed Combo Amp model activates the Flanger . Enough of that back to the review.

The Range of tones I get out of this is amazing. I'm very into RATM and need a Flanger, Delay, Whammy, Tremolo and Wah and it was just not feasible to buy them all. This does all those very well except the Whammy which is understandable cosidered the price of this unit.

It has 15 amp models (16 if you count the bypass) that all sound different. I don't have time to name all of them but the Behringer website has clips of most of them. The Wah is decent but doesnt have that "Wahhhhh" that I just find missing. It doesnt have any adjustable parameters for the wah but all the otehr effects have adjustable parameters (usually 3).

There is a small delay when switching between amp models but I normally stick to one amp model in one song. This has kept me very busy constantly finding new tones and effects. The sheer amount of stuff they crammed into this is amazing for the price.

100 totally editable presets should keep anyone busy. Its got 16 modulation effects with about 4 models per effect which is overkill as most of them sound different. It also has a stereo out for stereo tremolo and delay and reverb. On top of that there is a compressor and a noise gate as well as a 2 band EQ.

The only disadvantage is that it doesn't feel extremely sturdy like the BOSS pedals. I don't stomp on it anyways so I'm fine. It is also extremely lightwieght and compact so it is easy to transport and plug into my friends stereo system instead of bringing my entire amp along.

I don't find it sounds digital. The sound I get is quite good and it just takes a little tweaking.

Picture

My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
moomoocons
Amerijuanican
718 IQ
Name of Item: Boss Hyper Metal HM-3

Who It Is Made By: uhh...Boss

Features: A pretty simple pedal, has volume(level), High and Low(Color Mix), and Distortion

Cost: Mine was free, my bassist picked it up at a yard sale and gave it to me, it disroted his bass too much, but was beter for me than the DS-1, so we swapped. Also, the HM-3 is discontinued, so good luck finding one

Style of Music It Fits: As the name says, Metal

Why You Like It: Loads of distortion w/o ruining the sound, go for thrash and my style of hardcore metal. This is built like a tank, its friggin heavy metal, literally, its weighs alot for a pedal.

/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
woodenbandman
Likes Dragonforce
1,139 IQ
the pro co turbo rat.

this is probably one of the kings of the solid state heavy distortion. this thing, if anything else, is incapable of light distortion. given that, it's great for metal, hard rock, and classic rock at low settings.

if lost, i'd buy something lighter, like an overdrive, as i don't generally use megadistortion. it's great for the metalhead in your life.

it's got 3 knobs, volume, distortion, and filter. filter acts like a tone control, but in reverse. with it all the way up, it sounds like you're palm muting it, and with it all the way down, the grind is crushing.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
andy stras
10 IQ
I found these fantastic Wyres electric strings when looking for PTFE coated strings.
I searched the net via google and found these on a UK site www.ukguitarstrings.co.uk when I was looking for a string that lasted longer, so i didn't need to change the damn things as often! These strings from Canada gave me a cheaper alternative to similar Elixir strings as they only cost me £5.95. Superb sustain and tone made me realise i had found a bargain.
No other strings i have tried on my epi Les Paul come close in tone or last as long.
Needless to say, i will be putting them on my other guitars when i need to change strings.
Manic Subsidul
Unregisterd Shredder
279 IQ
Name of Item
Bad Horsie Wah

Who It Is Made By
Morley

Features
Switchless Design
Regular input and output along with a 9v power supply
"Clear tone" buffer circuit ensures pure guitar tone and maintains signal level in bypass and wah mode
Set to Steve Vai's precise settings
Spring loaded

Cost
$100 USD used

Style of Music It Fits
I think that this thing could handle any type of music you put it through. I use it with high distortion for metal, but go right to clean for the Steve Vai sound.

Why You Like It
One reason is because you dont have to step down on it to activate it. Once you step on it it activates and once you step off it it shuts off. You can set it to shut off right awy or stay on for a couple of seconds. Also its spring loaded and personally that makes it easier to use. Also it boosts the volume slightly which is a good thing seeing as how i mostly use it for leads. I really like the balance between the bass, mid, and treble on it. Its not super trebely as i have found with the Crybaby's. It goes from a nice low bass to a high treble sound with some good mids inbetween. Also unlike other pedals you utilize about 9% of the foot position, 0-30% bass, 30-60% mid- 60- 90% Treble, 90-100% same treble.

Picture
Last edited by Manic Subsidul at Jun 20, 2006,
Gutch220
1,758 IQ
Name of Item: U-1011 (c.1971)
Who It Is Made By: Univox
Features: 105w, 4 inputs, 2 non-switchable channels (normal/bright), non-master volume, seperate volume for each channel, reverb, tremolo, tremolo intensity, treble, mids, presence, bass.
-Four 6L6GC's, three ECC83's, two ECC82's, one 6AN8 tubes
adjustable reverb level, no fx loop, four speaker out puts, 2/4/8 ohm dial
Cost: ~ $400-550 USD (used)
Style of Music It Fits: any classic rock, anything low to medium gain, cleans, overdrive, funk, classic distortion with OD pedal.
Why You Like It: This amp most resembles old Hiwatts, or non-master marshall's with less gain because its very loud with lots of headroom, runs silently with no noise at all, cool/unique looking exterior, can be a bass amp as well as guitar amp, jumpable inputs, MASSIVE transformers, completely hand-wired, sounds really trippy.....anymore questions? you can PM me.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.
1-800-DOCTORB

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

WANTED: Univox 8x10" Cabinet
tirius
21 IQ
Name of Item

Powerball neon pro.

Who It Is Made By

NSD

Features

A handheld gyroscope, slightly larger than a tennis ball. You work it by doing a circling motion with your wrist.

This is a great tool for strengthening your wrists, forearms, and fingers. Muscle speed is greatly increased, and it can tone ALL of the muscles in your arm and even some pectoral muscle, and other torso.

Cost

around £25

Style of Music It Fits

Anything, anyone who uses one of these for a month will see great improvements.

Why You Like It

increases picking speed, arm and muscle dexterity and endurance. highly addictive, and a fun way to improve your arm muscles

for more info, go to www.powerballs.com

Picture

BillBasch
10 IQ
Boss- ME-50

The Pedals include all kinds of feature and effects that wont leeve u dissapoineted

It costs around 300$ but is well worth it.

Any style that you want it can fit the pedals can be ajusted to and style.

I like it because the pedals are the best sounding ive every herd they are also very useful for when my band is playing shows.
Tombe
Post-Rocker
794 IQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Stone Phaser

I bought mine in Amsterdam for 80 Euros, which is about £55/$95, in a fantastic guitar shop called De Plug (if you're in Amsterdam it's well worth checking out, there's all sorts of obscure and vintage gear in there).

Basically, it's probably the simplest phaser you can buy. As you can see, it basically has one control, which is the rate control. It has an enormous range, from a cycle of about 15 seconds to a very fast Univibe-like sound.

The other switch is the Colour one, which is basically a very simple depth control. When it's down the effect is quite subtle (think David Gilmour's sound in Breathe or 'that riff' in Shine On You Crazy Diamond), putting it up gives a very pronounced phasing effect.

What style of music will it fit? Anything that you'd use a phaser in. You can go from hard phasing sounds to subtle swirls to a Univibe/Leslie speaker type sound with ease. It works on other instruments too - Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead uses one on his keyboards.

What do I like about it? It's rugged and simple. It's built like a tank, and the footswitch feels quite solid underfoot and there's a satisfying 'Clunk!' when you press it down, not like the flimsy footswitches of the same style that you get on amp controllers and Marshall pedals. And surprisingly for an Electro-Harmonix pedal it doesn't take up too much pedal board real-estate - it's a bit smaller than 2 Boss pedals placed side to side. I haven't gigged with it yet but I doubt it will let me down.

My only quip is that you need a specific Electro-Harmonix power supply to power it from the mains, which I haven't been able to track down yet, and to change the batteries you need to unscrew the baseplate, which means speedy battery changes at gigs are a no-go.

If you want a jack-of-all-trades phaser that does everything and then some, get a Boss one. If you just want a simple phaser with no bells and whistles and your budget won't stretch to a Phase 90, this is the way to go.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
bluesrocker101
Danny
997 IQ
Name of Item Boss CH-1 Super chorus
Who It Is Made By Boss
Features It has standard Level knob which obviously conrols the volume of the Fx, then it has the EQ which controls the HI-LOW sound. Theres the Rate wich controls rate of the "swirl, and last but not least it has the Depth which controls the...er...depth.
Cost $100 CAD
Style of Music It Fits Anything.
Why You Like It I like it alot! It can fit any style and on the clean setting it sounds amazing. With an SD-1 its has that rich tone that we all crave. Sure it can take a while to get the exact tone you want, but once you do, it can sound amazing.
Picture

DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
piece o' pi
Banned
30 IQ
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi (USA)

Name of Item- Big Muff Pi (USA)
Who It Is Made By-Electro Harmonix
Features- volume (sets output) , tone (range of tones between bass and treble),sustain (sets sustain/gain) knobs
Cost- 69 euros
Style of Music It Fits
This pedal is great for almost everything exept for metal, if you want metal buy the metal muff. this pedal is most known for 70s style rock and modern rock/grunge. In the Electro Harmonix manual it says that this pedal is used by Henderix, but its not because its made in 1972 and Hendrix died before that.
Why You Like It i like this pedal because its very versatile, despite from what other people say. i can get a range of sounds from a fat bluesy overdrive to an all out fuzz.
Picture:

also check out the gearwire video (at the bottom of the text.) :

http://www.gearwire.com/electroharmonix-big-muff.html
untitled039
UG's Feedback *****
891 IQ
Zoom G1X
This is an excellent multi-effects pedal and is great value for money. You get amazing sounding distortion and clean tones plus many, many more interesting effects. Unlinke the G1, there is an expression pedal which can control wah effects, distortion level and many other things. I got this online for only $73.00 which is great and I use it for rehearsing, recording and live playing. It's also a great size as well, despite the expression pedal and the stomp buttons can sure take a punch. 10/10
Attachments:
197363.jpg
kirshinator
Dapper young lad
50 IQ
Name of Item: Black Gold Jazz 1.14 mm
Who It Is Made By: Dunlop
Features: The Dunlop Black Gold pick series are practically the same as their Tortex series, however there are some slight refinements. Firstly, they are made of a smoother-feeling black material with a goldish-yellow print rather than black. The small size of the Jazz model allows for maximum control over every single note you hit. The concept of the Tortex plastic is very interesting. Many years ago, and still, sometimes, even nowadays, guitarists were exceedingly fond of picks made from tortoise shells. They had brilliant attack, were very dynamic, and were very strong as well. However, as animal rights activists would have it, people had to stop poaching these creatures to use their shells as picks. Dunlop set out to produce a plastic that not only modeled the responsiveness and attack of old-fashioned tortoiseshell picks, but was much cheaper to produce as well. The result was Tortex plastic, one of the most widely used plectrum materials in the world.
Cost: $0.60 CDN
Style of Music It Fits: Absolutely anything and everything you could possibly use a pick for. I play mainly Metal, and it's wonderful for chunky chugging rhythms as well as searing progressive and technical leads.
Why You Like It: They are very dynamic picks. It's one of those things that grows on you. At first I had trouble keeping a hold on the pick and maintaining good control over my notes. However, with a little bit of use, i grew accustomed to the point that i can't use any other kind of pick. Nothing compares to the dynamic attack and comfort of a Black Gold tortex pick, and they're beautiful picks as well. I highly advise that you pick them up if you can.
Picture

Guitars
Peavey JF-1
Jackson JS30KE
Fender Strat
Takamine G530S
Art & Lutherie Cedar
Mahalo USG30/OR
Amps
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Brand X X15R
Fender FM212R
Effects
Boss TU2, CE5, AC2, MD2
Danelectro Pepperoni
Line6 DL4
Ernie Ball VP
Bassplayer17
59 IQ
Name of Item: BOSS ODB-3 Bass OverDrive
Who It Is Made By: BOSS
Features: 2 Band EQ, Level, Gain, and Balance controls.
Cost: $89.99 (USD)
Style of Music It Fits: Hardcore, Drum and Bass, Metal, I have gotten many uses out of it and I am in an ambient band, it is great for build-ups and for holding notes.
Why You Like It: I first bought this pedal for the song Around the World by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, I loved that effect and I thought that I could really do a lot with it. Since then, I have used this pedal for hardcore and more recently ambient music. It really brings out the lows on my Jbass after some tweaking with the EQ. My only complaint about it is that the fuzz of the OverDrive is very hard to do and takes a lot of settings adjustment to get. I definitely recommend this for a bassist with a wide variety of styles. Definitely a great BOSS pedal!
tristboyer
1,042 IQ
Name of Item: GA40
Who It Is Made By: Korg
Features: Output, tunes 6-7 string guitar, tunes 4-5-6 string basse, sound out, can drop 5 b
Cost: about $20 cnd
Style of Music It Fits: any
Why You Like It: it's very accurate and it's not jumpy like other tuners i've used
Attachments:
korg-ga40.jpg
Last edited by tristboyer at Nov 22, 2006,
R_H_C_P
UG's God.
1,984 IQ
Vox Clyde McCoy wah pedal (V848)

Features- On/Off switch, DC jack, true bypass.

Cost- Goes from £120 to £150, I haggled mine down to £100.

It fits 60's stuff, (Hendrix, Clapton etc) blues/classic rock amazingly, it's made for this sort of stuff.

I love it because it's perfect for me and what I play, huge smooth sweep and goes great with light gain.

"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
ripbarney12
One Among The Fence
593 IQ
my thingy is the Digitech DF-7 Distortion factory
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-DF7-Distortion-Factory-Modeling-Pedal?sku=150838
so, this thing has got 7 different pedal models built in:
-Ibanez TS-9
-DOD Overdrive/Preamp 250
-Boss DS-1
-Pro Co Rat
-Boss Metal Zone
-Digitech Metal Master
-Electroharmonix Big Muff Pi

With the right tinkering, you can get any of these to sound pretty good
not as good as the originals, but oh well
it cost $99 american
I like it because i can get a buncha different sounds out of it, and its a hell of a lot cheaper than getting all them pedals
but if i could go back in time, i'd probably avoid it, and get something less...i dunno how to put it.
it sounds kinda processed and boring after a while
plus, it isnt very loud, unless you turn up the highs and mids, which is rather dissapointing...

i dunno
I would reccomend it, if you get it used, cause $99 was a little bit much
yeah, i've got gear too...
squier strat
squier tele
Ibanez rg4ex
Boss DS-1
Morely Bad Horsie Wah
Digitech Hot Head
Boss GE-7
Zoom G1X
Mesa Boogie 5:50 Express
Vox AD50vt
Last edited by ripbarney12 at Dec 15, 2006,
led_zephyr
31 IQ
You guys should all invest in a dunlop straplock. believe me, investing 13 dollars now can save you from costly repairs and even replacements later on down the road. also, if youare considering a wah pedal, dont buy the original crybabies, they suck. But either the slash crybaby, the vox clyde mccoy, or the budwah. They have much better sweep and don't make you sound like a poser who just wants a wah pedal so they can say they have wah pedal. I would suggest the Budwah simply because it is all handwired point-to-point, engineered in the US and is built like a tank.

"I used to trust benny, but in the third grade, he stole my rollo's. i'm not saying i'm the one who pushed him under the bus, i'm just saying I like Rollo's."
exitmusic
knight of cydonia
376 IQ
Namo of Product M-Audio Black box

Made by M-Audio

Features Amp Modeling, Beat-synced effects, Onboard Drum machine, USB audio interface comes with ableton live

Style of music Can be used for anything really good if you want to do recording has the built in drum machine has a range of effects built in many diiferent amp models from vox ac30 to jcm2000 models

Cost £100 from soundcontrol

Problems None really the only thing is you cannot buy the optional footpedal In the UK so if you need to be able to control this with your feet this might not be for you
NO ONES GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE
THE TIME HAS COME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT
PinkFloyd73
Banned
830 IQ
Namo of Product: Behringer Tube Overdrive

Made by Behringer

Features: Tube like distortion for great rhythm and screaming leads. SOUnds like an authentic tube amp. Good tone shaping, and great distortion levels

Style of music: Classic Rock, Blues, and maybe some old school Punk

Cost: $34.99

Problems None

great pedal if you play blues, calssic rock, or old school punk.
Attachments:
images-3.jpg
darthbuttchin
Bitter Band Member
726 IQ
Name of Item: CH-40 Chorus
Who It Is Made By: Denio
Features: Chorus. It has two controls, rate and depth.
Cost: Bought for me.
Style of Music It Fits: Well, anything that uses chorus mainly. I use it to play Nirvana, coz they are my favourite band.
Why You Like It: I like it because i can get a great Chorus sound out of it. It makes me sound like Nirvana.
You can find out more about this pedal and how great it is here: CH-40 Chorus
Attachments:
chorus.jpg
trem7
UG Member
577 IQ
Name of Product: Super Overdrive
Make: Boss
Features: Level control, Tone control, Drive control
Cost: $50-70 Canadian
Style: Blues or rock (when used alone) Excellent for rock or metal solos (when used with distortion)
Why I like it: it takes a beating, sounds great, if used with distortion it has a lot of advantages (harmonics ring longer, artificial harmonics are easier to sound, notes sustain longer)

Name of Product: RP80
Make: Digitech
Features: Expression pedal, Drum machine, Many effects, Tuner, Power Supply included, 1/4" outputs (L/R), 1/8" headphone jack

Effects: Pickup Simulator, Compression, Wah (Crybaby, Fullrange, and Bo?), 11 Amp Models, Acoustic Guitar Simulator, EQ, Noise Gate, Cabinet Modeling, Chous, Flange, Phaser, Tremolo, Panner, Vibrato, Rotary Speaker, YaYa, AutoYa, Envelope Filter, Detuner, Pitch Shifter, Whammy, Delay, Reverb

Cost: $109.95 (Musiciansfriend.com)
Style: All
Why I like it: It was A LOT cheaper than buying pedals for all those effects, it has some good uses, the volume pedal feature alone is worth the money, the effects are decent for the price, very versatile.
What I don't like about it: There is a moment when changing settings that the signal stops, I believe it isn't just my pedal my friend has a RP100 (I think) and it does the same. Some of the effects don't sound very good, such as the harmonizer.

stevilkinevil
i am sleepy
154 IQ
Quote by Swine
Name- Behringer X V-amp

Made by- Behringer corporation

Features- Wah pedal, 16 amp simulations including, dual rectifyer, tube screamer & more, 16 effects, 100 presets and more features that i don't know it has.

Price- $160 AUD

style- alot

Why i like it- sounds great!!!

I have one, and im not as hapy with it as you seem to be. When you press one of the pedals, there is silence for almost a second before the next effect comes on. The manual wah wah doesnt reealy work that much. Its more like a faint "woh" in the background. And after about a 7 months, i switched it on and there was a dot on the screen and i couldnt get it to make a sound. I reset it (switch off, hold save + 2nd function, switch on) and it worked for about a month, i had to reset it again, and now i have to reset it every time i switch it on. But i cant now because the save button came off.

well i got what i paid for (£50 new)

Can anyone do a review of the digitech gnx1? i thinking of getting one to replace my behringer. And if you do, can you say if the wah is "strong", cos the wah in my current pedal doesnt make that much of a wah sound.
Last edited by stevilkinevil at Jan 2, 2007,
senor_penguin
I think I shot Marvin
805 IQ
PHASE 90
Made by MXR
Features: Phase, Spacey sound
Cost: $80 US
Styles: any kind of music
I like it because it is a very simple, effective, and fun pedal.

This pedal is a classic phaser made by MXR. It is a very simple pedal, but that doesn't stop it from being an extrordinary pedal with an amazing sound. This pedal has been made famous by such artists like
- Eddie Van Halen
- Tom Morello
- Zakk Wylde
Overall, a fun, simple pedal that has a pretty small price tag for what it is worth, so if you want a cheap phaser that works, go straight for the MXR Phase 90.
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
woodenbandman
Likes Dragonforce
1,139 IQ
DOD Stereo Flange FX75-B

DOD

Delay, Speed, Width an Regen

Great old thing that i found at a flea market. Great for those weird, kind of Beatley vocal sounds.

Style it fits: Psychadelic Rock, Slow songs

Why i like it: It can warm your sound up, cool it down, or make it sound like a digital processor.

Marshall ED-1 "Edward The Compressor"

Marshall

Again, bought at the flea market, for $40.

Emphasis (tone), Volume, Attack, and Compression.

Style it fits: Country, Jazz, slower songs, anything that requires clean sustain.

Why I like it: It sounds clean, can make almost drum-like sounds, and can even drive a tube amp.

My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Last edited by woodenbandman at Feb 8, 2007,
Lefty99
82 IQ
Name: English Muff'n Overdrive Pedal

Made By: Electro Harmonix

Knobs: Volume, Status, Gain, High, Mid, Low

Style it fits: Classic 60's 70's rock and some Blues

Why i like it: Gives a good british invasion/blues sound. Good for: Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Beatles, AC/DC (if you mess with the gain), The Kinks, Some Black Sabbath, Chuck Berry, B.B King, Queen etc.

Guitar Center 189$ normally, but the guy sold it to me for 150 flat.

visioncity2000
10 IQ
Name: Voltz Effect Pedal Power Supply
Made By: www.amperormusic.com

Voltz provides a novel and convenient way for powering guitar pedals and frees musicians from worrying about guitar pedal setup prior to a performance. It has a high capacity rechargeable Li-ion battery with a built-in charger.

Features:
  • Capable of supporting 20+ pedals simultaneously for 8 hours on one single charge
  • No more ground loops and power line hum
  • Multiple output voltages – 9V, 12V, 15V, 18V, 24V and 40V
  • 30-second pedalboard setup time

Cost: $350

This is the ultimate setup. I attached Voltz to my pedalboard and used it to power 7 pedals. With one charge, after one week of rehearsals and performance, the battery was still going strong. I no longer have to worry about stocking 9V batteries. Furthermore, I like the clean and crisp sound.
Attachments:
voltz-1.jpg
Last edited by visioncity2000 at Feb 21, 2007,
Arlabester
Banned
5,112 IQ
Name of Item: DigiTech DigiDelay
Who It Is Made By: DigiTech
Features: Level, Repeats, Time and Mode knobs. 7 modes, including reversed delay and 4 second looper.
Cost: $99
Style of Music It Fits: Anything, since its a delay.
Why You Like It: Incredible tone and quality in features for its price.
Picture:

Kiffa
Porch Monkey 4 Life
182 IQ
I use Behringer, basically because they're cheap and sound good.

Behringer Ultimate Distortion
Cost: £15
Features: Level, Tone and Distortion
Style: Hard Rock to good old Rock n' Roll, s'good pedal

Behringer Digital Delay
Cost: £30
Features: Level, Feedback, Time and Mode
Style: Like all delay, anything...well apart from drop 'z' thrash metal or summin.

Behringer Hellbabe Wah
Cost: £35
Features: Frequency, Q (what ever it does), EQ, Range control and Boost.
Style: Well, if need a wah it doesn't matter.

And, a quick question, is there such a thing as a bolt on 'Floyd Rose' or something?
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Schecter1277
Banned
1,164 IQ
Here's what to include in your post:
Name of Item Crate 15w Palomino
Who It Is Made By Crate
Features It is an all tube amp, that unlike the voodoo, actually sounds nice. It's a warm sound with an unlabeled celestion vintage 30. (it just has celestion palomino on the speaker, but after much research, I figured it out.) It's voiced warm, but it can be dialed in to fit most music style, however it will never be a metal amp. It has a switch for gain, and a switch for volume, the gain controls the level of power going into the preamp, while the volume controls it going into the power amp. As the amp is cranked, the preamp distortion that you get at low volumes is backed back, untill about 2/3 of the way, till the EL-84's start breaking up, resulting in a beautiful soft but evident distortion, I'd say you'd need a distortion pedal to push it at high volumes. Good amp for small 100-200 person gigs, gets over a drummer easly.
Cost $399 though you can get it cheaper
Style of Music It Fits Hard rock, blues, jazz, country
Why You Like It I like it because it's so versatile, you can get almost any tone out of it, and makes a good practice amp.
Picture

Lauren5150
10 IQ
Name of Item: Scratch Pad

Who It Is Made By: Scratch Pad, LLC

Features: Clings gently but securely like a Post-It note but without any adhesive or vinyl films. It can be applied, removed and reapplied over & over forever. There is a 1 minute demo which says it all best at this link; Demo Video

Cost: $19.95 at Sam Ash stores and SamAsh.com

Why You Like It: The multi-plies protect finishes from Belt-Buckle Rash and... those inconspicuous but more deadly Pocket-Rivets that leave 'worm tracks' in the finish [even through an untucked shirt.] Check the Catalog page to see the new "Designer" Scratch Pads for personalizing an axe with Skulls, Peace Signs or some fun text messages.

Metaphysics
diduhly waaaaaaah
333 IQ
Item: BOSS RC-2 Loop station
Made By: BOSS
Features:
-up to 16 minutes of record time
-"Loop Quantize" which means the pedal tailor fits your recording to a proper time signature, versus other loopers where if your timing is off the loop will be out of time and sound bad.
-Good drum machine, fun to jam with
-11 total phrases can be stored in it
-you can record from exterior sound devices (ex:mp3, CD player) and play it back
-Undo/Redo functions
-volume controls for recording and drum machine
Cost: $200 CAD
Style of music:anything
Why I like it: as a pedal, it truly is one of a kind. it's compact as any other BOSS pedal but with a much more impressive array of capabilities. it makes at home practice that much funner, as you can get a full band sound playing all by yourself. the options are limitless with this pedal...get an octave pedal and drop a bassline, an acoustic simulator for rhythm guitar, then improv over it. This pedal really helps unlock your creativity.
Attachments:
435279.jpg
d4v1d5hu13r
Banned
362 IQ
Name of Item: Boss Hyper Metal HM-3 OR Boss Metal Zone MT-2

Who It Is Made By: Boss

Features: A pretty simple pedal, has volume(level), High and Low(Color Mix), and Distortion NOW Level, Low, High, Mid, Mid range[200 to 2k] and Gain.

Cost: Mine was free, my bassist picked it up at a yard sale and gave it to me, it disroted his bass too much, but was beter for me than the DS-1, so we swapped. Also, the HM-3 is discontinued, so good luck finding one/At a shop around 75 bucks.

Style of Music It Fits: Metal, Classic Metal

Why You Like It: Loads of distortion w/o ruining the sound, go for thrash and my style of hardcore metal. This is built like a tank, its friggin heavy metal, literally, its weighs alot for a pedal. <--Weight changed some, is now lighter.

thedonutman
2,676 IQ
Name: Graph tech bass String Saver saddles

Who its made by: Graph Tech

Features: Its a direct replacement saddle for fender bass(among others with the same type of bridge) It reduces string breakages, and it also increases sustain slightly

Cost: Mine came with my bass, but I think they go for around 20-30 pounds(for a set of 4). They are quite hard to get hold of in the UK though.

Why I like it : I like the extra sustain I am not actually too bothered about string breakages, because I have never broken a string.
Lauke_101
Registered fx abuser
631 IQ
Name of Item:
Gibson Vintage Reissue Strings

Who It Is Made By:
Gibson (d'oh)

Features:
Pack of strings gauge .009 with a pure nickel wrap. Made like back in the 50s. Vacuum packed, which keeps 'em fresh for a long time too so great to stock up.

Cost:
8 euros (about 10 dollars)

Style of Music It Fits:
Hendrix definitely but does a surprisingly good job even on metal but main style probably blues, jazz and so on

Why You Like It:
Fat tone even for a niner set, good response, great feel, wear isn't too shabby for a pure nickel set of nines. I like the response the most though, these strings just react a lot more to picking dynamics than your average d'addarios.

Picture:
The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
sjones
UG's Analrapist
2,068 IQ
Name: Digitech Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive

Made by Digitech

Cost: Around 40 bucks (USD)

Features: Level, Bass, Treble, and Gain knobs for EQ. On/Off LED indicator. Runs on batteries or Power Supply. (As with all pedals, I suggest getting the Power Supply)

What it does:
This is a great OD pedal for those on a budget. If you can't afford a Tubescreamer, but want the OD of one, look into this pedal. It can give you a clean boost when you have the level up and the gain down, or it can add some grit to get you over the top when you crank the gain knob up. It's a great pedal to run in front of your tube amp that you want to give a little more grit to. It takes my Peavey Windsor and Peavey Valveking from 80's hard rock/metal, all the way up to a modern metal machine. This is a great pedal, and has a great pricetag.

Who's it for?:
THIS IS AN OVERDRIVE PEDAL, NOT A DISTORTION PEDAL. This pedal is for Overdriving the tubes in your tube amp, making them cook and saturate a little more. This pedal will not give you bone crushing distortion plugged straight into your clean channel like a distortion pedal will. Alone, this thing can get up to AC/DC levels, but what it's best at, and what I use it for, is boosting the drive channels on my amp and getting a fuller, heavier sound. This pedal is for anyone who wants a quality, good sounding OD pedal, but can't afford to pay for a Tubescreamer or Maxon.

Great Pedal. Link: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Bad-Monkey-Tube-Overdrive-Pedal?sku=150831
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Kevguy47
UG Black supporter
308 IQ
Boss Drivezone OD-20 Distortion Pedal

PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
-heartbreaker-
Start Breaking My Heart
422 IQ
Name of Item: 3/4 Violin Bow
Who It Is Made By: Glaesel is a good brand, mine didnt have a name on it. Glasser make synthetic bows for cheap. Mine is an un-named bow made of real wood, and it was cheap. Lucky me.
Features: Brazilian Rosewood, Horsehair, Leather Grip, Pearl Inlays, Ebony Frog (the part attached to the strings)
Cost: Costed me $24.99
Style of Music It Fits: rock, jazz, anything that you can incorporate a slow solo into (probably wouldnt be very useful for punk or metal)
Why You Like It: Its extravagant, experimental, and impressive. When I first tested this on my guitar at the local shop through a roland acoustic amp, I was shocked! It had a sound I Had never heard before, or imagined would come from my guitar. I wasn't expecting it to sound so cool. Turn the reverb to 10, perhaps add some psychadelic effect (wah, chorus, flange, phase, echo/delay), sounds best on the clean channel or with a clean boost. You need to buy some Rosin as well, you rub it on the hairs for friction. Its about 7 dollars for a nice piece of Rosin, and they last a long time. I bought a 3/4 size one, however, you can get a 4/4 one, which is quite larger.
Picture:
Videos:
-The famous video of Jimmy Page's bow solo in Dazed and Confused
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BG-aoRWjLdE
-fellow page fan
http://youtube.com/watch?v=c89Po0sdZLI
-BobbyCrisp's Youtube vid
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LNeu5Qet_xg
Wylde_Life
Guitarslinger
964 IQ
Name of Item: Exl 120 Strings
Who It Is Made By: D'addario
Features: Nickel Roundwound, Long Lasting, Bright, great tone
Cost: anywhere form $5-7each, or as low as $2 a pack if you buy bundles
Style of Music It Fits: Really anything, but I find they work best with Classic Rock and Blues
Why You Like It: They fit my style perrfectly, they love my strat, I play a more higher pitched-bluesy sound.... and they are the best for it, they also sound good for playing Clapton type stuff anf even some Ritchie Blackmore... They are pretty cheap, they come in package deals, the have players points (plus I use a lot of Planet Waves stuff too)
Problems: none, possibly breaking them, they are pretty light strings

I also use EXL 110's on my Les Paul and they are great, I use EXPs on both my acoustics and love them.