Wish me a NAD. This showed up today.

A bunch of stuff.
Jyrgen
Used Register
2,049 IQ
Quote by Hou-Tex

HNAD I would play that!

Hey anyone know what Fender amp is the clean channel of a Diezel Herbert based on?
Elderer
UG Member
1,208 IQ
Any Blues Junior III users? Im thinking of practicing/recording amp. And its all tube and seems to take pedals pretty well,15watts. The thing is that for next 1-2 years im going to live in apartment so that could be problem. But im not going to crunch it-keep it on clean and if needed im turning on pedals(all analog boutique pedals). So I figured its going to be good recording.

What bothers me is that even on pretty low volumes its could piss off neighbours. But at the same time I dont want to loose "air-iness" of amp- i love whem amp breathess.
Hou-Tex
Gary
592 IQ
Quick question on the Deluxe Reverb. I have been swapping some tubes and noticed later that 1 one of tubes I pulled is a GT ECC83 S and I don't remember which socket it came from.

Thanks
A bunch of stuff.
Hou-Tex
Gary
592 IQ
Quote by Jyrgen
HNAD I would play that!

Hey anyone know what Fender amp is the clean channel of a Diezel Herbert based on?

Thanks.
A bunch of stuff.
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
1,633 IQ
Quote by Hou-Tex
Quick question on the Deluxe Reverb. I have been swapping some tubes and noticed later that 1 one of tubes I pulled is a GT ECC83 S and I don't remember which socket it came from.

Thanks

That's just a preamp tube. It can go in any of the preamp slots.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Hou-Tex
Gary
592 IQ
Quote by tubetime86
That's just a preamp tube. It can go in any of the preamp slots.

Thanks, and that's what I thought, it's just bugging me not knowing which socket it came from.
A bunch of stuff.
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
Quote by Hou-Tex

congrats!
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
Hou-Tex
Gary
592 IQ
Quote by Hou-Tex

Thanks

Any help on this please?
A bunch of stuff.
tony1050
10 IQ
anyone know of a good repair shop for a fender in south jersey.
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty
2,300 IQ
I used to have a Frontman 212R. It wasn't bad actually. Apparently the clean channel on the Valveking is that of a Twin Reverb. Close enough to Fender without being Fender
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Hou-Tex
Gary
592 IQ
Please help me. This is driving me nutz and I can't find anything with google, or the search function and yall don't want me going nutz.

PLEASE!
A bunch of stuff.
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
Quote by Hou-Tex
Any help on this please?

sorry just noticed your question. lemme look around.

edit: what does the tube chart in the back of the amp say? i'm not sure what the difference is between a 12ax7 and 12ax7"s". but it may be the plant of manufacture.

still looking...
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 2, 2012,
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
Quote by Hou-Tex
Any help on this please?

Firstly, screw the Texans.

Secondly, I'll try to help anyway.

When you're looking at the back of your amp from RIGHT to LEFT, the tube positions count up. So, far right tube is V1. 1 left is V2. Etc.

According to the Deluxe Reverb owners manual, a 12ax7 (same tube as the ECC83) goes in V1,2,4, and 5. Probably wouldn't kill anything in V3, either. It could have come from any of those slots.

EDIT: And to what Greg is saying, the "s" doesn't really mean anything. Just put the ECC83 in any of the slots where a 12ax7/7025/ECC83 goes.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Hou-Tex
Gary
592 IQ
I see we have an Oiler, I mean Titan fan here.

Thanks guys. I know it doesn't matter, but it's just bugging the shit outa me not knowing which socket it came out of, and why Fender put it there.
A bunch of stuff.
tubetime86
1,633 IQ
Quote by Hou-Tex
Any help on this please?

I had already answered and you had already responded. Its a 12AX7, so it could go in any of the preamp slots.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Firstly, screw the Texans.

that was mild Gary of Hou-Tex, there could have been a ban.
Quote by Roc8995

Quote by JustRooster
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
Quote by tubetime86
I had already answered and you had already responded. Its a 12AX7, so it could go in any of the preamp slots.

Any of the preamp slots that doesn't take a 12at7, like the PI.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
tubetime86
1,633 IQ
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Any of the preamp slots that doesn't take a 12at7, like the PI.

Isn't the PI part of the poweramp? (Just being an ass now. )
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Hou-Tex
Gary
592 IQ
Just biased my DRRI. It was at...

V7, 26.4 and 427.
V8, 27 and 427.

Kinda hot I hear.

Turned it down to..

V7, 20.0 and 429.
V8, 21.6 and 429.

This much better fits my style.
A bunch of stuff.
gumbilicious
beginner
1,236 IQ
i gave away my '81 princeton II reverb to a buddy that needed an amp. it was my only fender brand amp, so i got me a '69 twin non-MV. my tech replaced a handful of caps and reverted it to blackface specs.

oh, my twin came with the JBL D-120's too.

can't wait to do some Music Man HD212-150 vs Fender Blackface Twin clips.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
bassmastamitch
Isn't good at bass
1,412 IQ
Question about the Hot Rod Deluxe:

How well does its clean channel take distortion pedals? Say, the DigiTech Hardwire Valve Distortion or the EHX Metal Muff w/ Top Boost?
Hou-Tex
Gary
592 IQ
Added a external speaker and did some tube changes. More to follow.

JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,164 IQ
Traded my '94 Twin for a '59 Bassman RI. Best trade I ever made. I'm in love with it.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
Quote by JustRooster
Traded my '94 Twin for a '59 Bassman RI. Best trade I ever made. I'm in love with it.

Really? I have a super 60. Have you ever played one? Or anyone else for that matter.

I love the clean, it's so nice. But the gain is a bit meh.

If I could get that clean with a better gain in a Fender amp for not a huge amount of cash on top, I'd happily do that.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,164 IQ
I have an HAO Sole Pressure, Heavy Electronics Highway 77, and Fulltone OCD. I've got plenty of good gain to throw in front of it.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
Quote by JustRooster
I have an HAO Sole Pressure, Heavy Electronics Highway 77, and Fulltone OCD. I've got plenty of good gain to throw in front of it.

Yea. I've got some cool fuzz so in a way it doesn't matter. Fender is all about the cleans imo.

I've got a Laney VC50 for Marshall gain that Tom introduced me to. I also got a a/b box so now I can use them both. Pretty cool.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.