Page 8 of 8
With 8 guitars, humidification can get expensive and a bit of a chore. My $0.25 solution in my signature lasts for a couple weeks between re-wetting due to the very high absorbency.

My 2 electrics require less monitoring, so no hygrometer for them
Quote by FenderBender72
I havent thought much about humidity. My acoustic has laminated nato back and sides with a laminated spruce top. neck is nato and the fretboard is rosewood. since its all lam do i need to worry? i know what the first post says, im just making sure i read it right.

If the fretboard gets too dry you might feel the edges of the frets ...
in kent england we have huge humidity and my neck warped so much it is 6 mm at the 8th fret going down to 2 at the first, i recently put a lower bridge in in to set it for 2 mm all the way down to make it more versatile. any advice
So I live in ga and we are about at 60 for humidity in the summer but ever year I take a trip to Daytona beach Florida for a church camp and since I just recently learned guitar, I would love to take it with me. Is there anything I can do to protect my guitar aginst humidity damage? Daytona fl (72 humidity) guitar= Yamaha FG730S. Thanks
So I live in ga and we are about at 60 for humidity in the summer but ever year I take a trip to Daytona beach Florida for a church camp and since I just recently learned guitar, I would love to take it with me. Is there anything I can do to protect my guitar aginst humidity damage? Daytona fl (72 humidity) guitar= Yamaha FG730S. Thanks
I just purchased a Taylor GS mini mahogany today, which is mahogany top but sapele laminate on the sides and back:

https://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/gs-mini-mahogany-top#specs

I didn't get nervous when I saw this thread last night - I panicked; never even heard of this issue. I'm thinking shyte, maybe I should have followed my inner Nile Rodgers and bought a strato...

Does this guitar need the full humidification treatment discussed in this thread? The GS mini comes with a case so I guess I could stick an oasis humidifier in there. I am also in NY which is a fairly humid place most of the year - its 89% as I type this. Thoughts?
Last edited by transwarp at Oct 22, 2016,
Quote by transwarp
I just purchased a Taylor GS mini mahogany today, which is mahogany top but sapele laminate on the sides and back:

https://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/gs-mini-mahogany-top#specs

I didn't get nervous when I saw this thread last night - I panicked; never even heard of this issue. I'm thinking shyte, maybe I should have followed my inner Nile Rodgers and bought a strato...

Does this guitar need the full humidification treatment discussed in this thread? The GS mini comes with a case so I guess I could stick an oasis humidifier in there. I am also in NY which is a fairly humid place most of the year - its 89% as I type this. Thoughts?

im in the same boat so eager to hear what people have to say
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
rancidryan Well after substantial research I went out and got two Oasis humidifers, the OH-6 and the OH-14. My apartment is consistently in the 20s-30s percentage relative humidity, which would are much too low for the guitar. I will be receiving them in the next day or two and hopefully they can increase the RH in the case up to the 40s.
blynd_snyperSolid body electrics are fine in a climate controlled room. No fear of the body being warped. The necks on electrics are heavily chemically treated which prevents any threat of moisture...again in a climate controlled environment. I have a humidifier for my classical acoustics, set at 45%.