Page 271 of 271
Quote by Diamond Dave
so what's the story here? is your dad's 50 not fast? or you want to get an auto-focusing one?

Autofocus is a big part of it. It's decently fast at f2.0, but I'd love something that can go down to f1.8 or f1.4. Image stabilization is a factor too. The one I'm looking at right now is a $250 50mm f1.8 Sony that has both AF and stabilization, but if I start making more money any time soon, there's two $500 Rokinon 50mm lenses that caught my eye too. One is fully-manual, but is also f1.2 and if the image quality is there along with the speed I'd be okay going back to manual since that's how I learned, and the other is f1.4 with AF but no stabilization. There's a pair of Zeiss 50mm lenses I'd love to go after at some point, but they're both roughly a grand, so that's a ways off
[IMG]http://www.i.imgur.com/vzC5EKt.png[/IMG]

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Feb 11, 2017,
Quote by necrosis1193
Autofocus is a big part of it. It's decently fast at f2.0, but I'd love something that can go down to f1.8 or f1.4. Image stabilization is a factor too. The one I'm looking at right now is a $250 50mm f1.8 Sony that has both AF and stabilization, but if I start making more money any time soon, there's two $500 Rokinon 50mm lenses that caught my eye too. One is fully-manual, but is also f1.2 and if the image quality is there along with the speed I'd be okay going back to manual since that's how I learned, and the other is f1.4 with AF but no stabilization. There's a pair of Zeiss 50mm lenses I'd love to go after at some point, but they're both roughly a grand, so that's a ways off

$500 - $1000 for a 50mm? Don't think I'd be able to swallow that... not when you can get excellent Nikkor AI-S primes for more like $100.

worth remembering that in terms of light, the difference between f1.4 and f1.8 is nowhere near as significant now as it was back when people were shooting 400 speed film. If you like the super shallow depth of field look there might be some benefit, but arguably the quality of bokeh is far more important than whether you've got 2cm in focus as opposed to 3cm anyway. There are a looot of factors at play, of course sharpness wide open is another one, which is the big trend in modern lens design.
Quote by Diamond Dave
$500 - $1000 for a 50mm? Don't think I'd be able to swallow that... not when you can get excellent Nikkor AI-S primes for more like $100.

Honestly those are a ways off, and if I'm spending that much on them, I'm hopefully making money off them Those are stretch goals though, the same way a $4,000 PRS is a stretch goal. Given I'm happy with the kit lens and a $200 telephoto, I'm imagining the $250 Sony will be more than enough to satisfy me for a good while

Took these from work with my iPhone 4 and Instagram as a filter.
This was around 9/10am 24th of January 2017; I had to crop a little off, the building I was on was in shot; so I cropped it for this..:

This was a little later, around 10:30/11am; This was done on maximum zoom on the same floor (I think) as the above snapshot.
This is of Charring Cross Train Station but since I was in Waterloo taking it; I left the Instagram as Waterloo (not London Waterloo Train Station) but near it in Waterloo; so it's a picture of Charring Cross Train Station tagged at Waterloo (just on maximum zoom gave for this..:

Took this snap the day after on my way home from this site near The Globe Theatre that saw me use London Bridge Station 25th of January 2017;
The EU's tallest building and fog.
Further back it looked just like another building, and then it dawned on, it was that foggy I couldn't see the top of it...
I took this closer to it on my way up to the station..:

Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Feb 12, 2017,
nice shots trebor, very artistic
Quote by Dreadnought
You can't read very well can you

oh my bad I forgot you were a shitty clone of an already shitty user who contributes nothing but trash LOL my bad
i recently bought a compact from a charity shop to take with me on walks and stuff, here are some random shots from today

Quote by Dreadnought

oh my bad I forgot you were a shitty clone of an already shitty user who contributes nothing but trash LOL my bad
i've only just noticed there's something in the foreground of the first one

here's some more for good measure

Quote by Dreadnought

Last edited by kalypto at Feb 18, 2017,

So I live in Banff national park
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by Diamond Dave
you live in Banff national park? Time to go Ansel Adams on that shit man

Yeah dude I've lived in the town of Banff since September. Finally started doing some photography in December and I think I'm getting pretty decent at it now. I do a lot of hikes so I'll definitely be posting pics in here
How did you manage to get to live in a national park

Quote by necrosis1193
How did you manage to get to live in a national park

Got a job working at a hotel as a dishwasher. Signed a 1 year contract. They provide me with food and a place to stay and my rent is $250 a month
Quote by ESPLTDV401DX
Got a job working at a hotel as a dishwasher. Signed a 1 year contract. They provide me with food and a place to stay and my rent is $250 a month

Okay now I'm really curious how the hell you managed to find a job that is helping to cover your living expenses. Maybe it's because housing is stupid expensive here, but I didn't think any companies actually did that anymore.

Quote by necrosis1193
Okay now I'm really curious how the hell you managed to find a job that is helping to cover your living expenses. Maybe it's because housing is stupid expensive here, but I didn't think any companies actually did that anymore.

Banff is a very strange town. Most of the people that work here are from out of town. It's a great place for travellers from all around the world to live in but renting a room here is out of the question. Companies know this but they are also desperate for workers all the time so they will usually buy a building and rent it out to their workers.
Last edited by ESPLTDV401DX at Feb 19, 2017,
wow awesome ESPLTDV401DX
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by ESPLTDV401DX
Banff is a very strange town. Most of the people that work here are from out of town. It's a great place for travellers from all around the world to live in but renting a room here is out of the question. Companies know this but they are also desperate for workers all the time so they will usually buy a building and rent it out to their workers.

That actually sounds like a lot of resort/vacation/ski towns. Whistler/Blackcomb, Whitefish, Leavenworth (maybe) are pretty similar.
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Quote by Dreadnought
That actually sounds like a lot of resort/vacation/ski towns. Whistler/Blackcomb, Whitefish, Leavenworth (maybe) are pretty similar.

Pretty much yeah
My agency (I'm an agency worker labourer in construction) sent me to Abbey Road Studios starting today...

Took these snapshots today.

Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Feb 20, 2017,
ESPLTDV401DX I actually hate you and all these beautiful sights you get to see.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

damn son

what are you using to take those btw?
Quote by Dreadnought

Quote by OddOneOut
ESPLTDV401DX I actually hate you and all these beautiful sights you get to see.

I know right?
Quote by kalypto
damn son

what are you using to take those btw?

My iPhone se lol
wow really

i fully expected you to say some kind of dslr
Quote by Dreadnought

Yeah I'm amazed at the quality I can get out of it