Page 269 of 269
K'Nuckles
The president of ass
20 IQ
Quote by Dreadnought
^ Those are beautiful!

Thanks a lot bud

Some more shit - pictured are Orson, Bryce, Snazz and Jam

idk if Tinypic keeps compressing my images or what, but they all seem a bit blurry
Last edited by K'Nuckles at Sep 9, 2016,
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
170 IQ
Not exactly photography, but I've been thinking about getting a GoPro. And today just read that the new GoPro 5 is waterproof and a bit cheaper than before. Thoughts?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
481 IQ
I have a GoPro and it has proven fantastic on a lot of things I've done (mountain climbing, scuba diving, etc.)
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
170 IQ
Quote by Dreadnought
I have a GoPro and it has proven fantastic on a lot of things I've done (mountain climbing, scuba diving, etc.)
which model and how's the picture / lighting quality, etc? I've never really looked into GP at all.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
481 IQ
Hero 3 Black. I've been annoyed with the auto-focus on it a few times, when taking pictures of alpine flowers (I know lol) and it would instead focus on something in the back for no apparent reason.

Just looked up the Hero 5, looks super sexy. That nice screen on the back should alleviate those problems. I haven't really had a problem with the lighting (because I don't know enough to, probably.)
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
170 IQ
I recently discovered this white water tubing area and it's very awesome scenery, would love to photo it. And then I went on a rally drive and could barely keep up with 2 hands, let alone try to take video. Think I'll pick up the GP5 by next spring.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
481 IQ
Yeah you're making me want one as well. My little ol' Hero 3 is so dated. But definitely more than capable for my needs lol, also I don't do XTREME stuff often enough to use it.

Hopefully that changes soon

It's my goto thing for photography during hikes tho
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
170 IQ
Quote by Dreadnought
I don't do XTREME stuff often enough to use it.
yea that's why I never looked into it, but started doing more outside things this year

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
imspazzen
livestreams childbirth
2,551 IQ
I had a whole week off so I took a mini-vacation and it only took 10 minutes in Portland to become overwhelmed by the hipster atmosphere so I decided to start taking some pictures. It was surprisingly relaxing; I don't know if it's something I'll maintain enthusiasm for, but I enjoyed my first experience. I probably didn't use the optimal lens for any of these and I didn't read my camera manual so anyone who knows what they're doing should be prepared to cringe.

I did some editing in Affinity but I literally had no clue, I probably overprocessed most of them (also forgot to disable flux and didn't wanna start over). A raw photo is like a piece of music in pre-production, and I'm not sure what I should be looking for to "produce" it.

Are the links in OP still relevant or are there better resources to start with?

Tokyo

LA
if she a virgin and a anal virgin u kno its lit
deadass the pain exprecions finna make me cum quick
that ass lookin thick boa imma jus have to hit
if she of age and thick ima pipe her whole shit
Diamond Dave
110 IQ
^I'll wait till I'm back on my computer but I can get a few resources together that I think are pretty important and easy to digest.

most of the principles of photography have been the same for decades though, no reason you can't get started
Banjocal
hi there
516 IQ
Had a hard time with my new rangefinder. Lens isn't as sharp as it could be but nonetheless good enough for me...

Had some processing problems at my local lab and some of my negatives were damaged.

But

got this

I was kind of thinking bellows - old cameras - visual art - music. IDK I may be able to piece that together with a few other shots. I'll see where it goes. Hopefully this gives you an idea of the colour qualities of Ektar, though. It's slightly cooler on the red channel here, but as you can see they're warm tones.
sausages
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 22, 2016,
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
172 IQ
I finally got a DSLR and here is an obligatory first attempt at long-exposure phoot

walked about the city trying to figure out how to use the thing

happened upon a piping band outside a venue

But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Diamond Dave
110 IQ
Quote by Hydra150
I finally got a DSLR and here is an obligatory first attempt at long-exposure phoot

walked about the city trying to figure out how to use the thing

happened upon a piping band outside a venue

second two are down for me, first two are nice man

my trip is over so it was time to break out the flash again and capture the travel beard I got going in the second half

Diamond Dave
110 IQ
imspazzen here are a couple of links I'd consider a decent crash course to get started

here are two articles that go over the functional side of how to use your camera, i.e. how to hold the pick, some chord shapes and what the gain knob does:

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/camera-exposure.htm
https://fstoppers.com/education/exposure-triangle-understanding-how-aperture-shutter-speed-and-iso-work-together-72878

the first one maybe has a little bit more info but its a little dry, and the second one is maybe a bit nicer to read and comes with better examples.

now to go along with this idea of exposure you're going to want to understand how the meter in your camera works, because even with modern matrix metering it can be a bit of an idiot and your life will be easier if you know how its seeing things and how to compensate. I like this video, and make sure you watch part 2 (this guy has a lot of easy to follow videos but you might get sick of him taking too long lol):

that's more or less everything you need to know to be able to handle your camera in natural light, so now its just practicing and developing your eye for lighting and composition - lighting is kind of what you're at mercy to, composition you have far more control over.

on the composition side of things this website will give you a rundown of all(-ish) of the compositional ideas and elements you can look for/utilise in your images:

http://compositionstudy.com/

for lighting its best to practice and see for yourself. Light is everything - I would recommend going out to shoot the same sort of area over a few days, say when its sunny, when its cloudy, at the middle of the day, while the sun's going down, etc and just try to observe the way the light can completely change a scene. COLOUR and CONTRAST - both will change drastically.
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
172 IQ
Quote by Diamond Dave
second two are down for me,
soz imgur fucked up

But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Diamond Dave
110 IQ
Hydra150 all good, just giving you the heads up

like what you're going for there shooting through the pipes but I feel like they're a little bit busy. I think the other one on the guy's hands is a lot stronger because the background is really tight with those repeated kilts

also kind of amusing story, I was in Glasgow 2 months ago and went past that museum on the bus and thought "hahaha, someone's had a few too many whiskies last night and put a cone on that statue." But you know, I worked it out later lol
imspazzen
livestreams childbirth
2,551 IQ
Diamond Dave
Thanks! I'll start looking through these tonight.
if she a virgin and a anal virgin u kno its lit
deadass the pain exprecions finna make me cum quick
that ass lookin thick boa imma jus have to hit
if she of age and thick ima pipe her whole shit