Page 1 of 2
http://www.myspace.com/thedearhunter

All the other threads are either defunct or old, if not both.
I want some more excitement for these guys, as they are quite a force to be reckoned with. Of course, some douche (always the enemas who are your enemies) will be a buzzkill and claim that they are a water-down Mars Volta. To thou, I say, nay, silly ******.

(Controversy is a good way to boost views and comments)
Forgive durden and Gatsbys american dream are better prog-punk, but that doesnt mean i dont absolutely LOVE Dear Hunter. Act 3 is rockin.
Quote by Psychaberration
Forgive durden and Gatsbys american dream are better prog-punk, but that doesnt mean i dont absolutely LOVE Dear Hunter. Act 3 is rockin.

not lyrically. i do love the dear hunter, i can't lie.
my friend is really into these guys.

he's supposed to give me their CD.

he hasn't.

I like their sound though.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
FAVORITE BAND EVER. I'm being quite serious. Act III is fantastic as far as I've listened to it. I would've put this thread in the Other genre forum though... They borrow elements from too many genres to be put in one..
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by Psychaberration
Forgive durden and Gatsbys american dream are better prog-punk

Very true.
Seeing as The Dear Hunter isn't prog-punk...
Avant-pop is a good descriptor. Prog-punk is a contradiction. I have loved everything I've heard by The Dear Hunter, although I am already a big fan of Gatsby's Volcano, and early TMV.
Member #12 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Huh, thought they'd be in another forum. But nevertheless, they are excellent. I only have Act 1 so far, but I'm in love.

I found out about them through progarchives which is kinda interesting. Love the prog.
Quote by Night_Lights
Huh, thought they'd be in another forum. But nevertheless, they are excellent. I only have Act 1 so far, but I'm in love.

I found out about them through progarchives which is kinda interesting. Love the prog.

Love the prog.
Love the prog!
LOVE THE PROG!!!
You must.

Act 3 is quite nice. They always top their previous albums, but not to the point where you think that Act 1&2 were just crap.
No, more in the sense that they know how to follow-up gracefully.
Just picked up all 3 of their records on a whim. This seems like a band that will grow on me. I don't quite get it yet, but I think I will. I'm going to listen to Act 1 tonight as I fall asleep.
Probably my favorite band of the last 5 years or so. Absolutely incredible music. I've hung out with 'em on numerous occasions and they're really great folks. Can't wait to see them in a few days!
Quote by drewfromutah
Just picked up all 3 of their records on a whim. This seems like a band that will grow on me. I don't quite get it yet, but I think I will. I'm going to listen to Act 1 tonight as I fall asleep.

They definately are a band that needs to grow on you but they are great. I haven't heard their newest album though
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Act II is my favorite of the three. I listen to it and it's like watching a movie almost (Vital Vessels being the best part lol)

There are going to be 6 Acts total, I got to talk to Casey after one of their shows.
After skimming past a few comments I had to post my own right away before I get frustrated at reading others opinions, it only skews my own.

The Dear Hunter are by far beyond amazing. Musically they have the best theatrics in rock that I've ever heard (Queen be damned). I compare them to Coheed, The Mars Volta, Gatsby, and a Symphony Orchestra. I don't even like Coheed but I think the plot and continuing storyline compare closely to theirs, but makes more sense and doesn't rely on crazed ideas to make it interesting.

Favorites:
The Pimp And The Priest
The Tank
The Procession
Evicted
Red Hands (c'mon, everyone likes that song!)
In Cuada Venemum
Mustard Gas

I'm on pins and needles waiting for the Color EP's, along with the rest of the Act's. I just wish they never break up, they are one band that keeps my faith that music does and will move forward.
Bumping thread to note that I was almost in tears listening to Red Hands this morning, this band is my newest obsession. Its progressive but in a tasteful catchy way and I love it.
Im sketchy about the new stuff so far. I did not like the first song they released "Deny It All" at all, it was really boring and i was kind of hoping red was going to be more aggresive after hearing casey talk about it. The second song, which i forgot the name for, that they released of the black ep is pretty good and im digging the sound black is gonna have. still a little skeptic though cause neither of them blew me away like past dear hunter
My friend's getting the whole thing on vinyl. We're using his dad's record player and are probably just going to blaze and listen to it. I'm stoked.

Quote by punkforlife93
I've only got Act II but I actually bought it and it's great, I might check out their other stuff when I remember to.

Act II is definitely the best. I'd recommend spinning Act I (and of course catching up on the story between the two) before moving on to Act III.
Quote by Annihilator666
Just started listening to these guys today. Really enjoying them, will be purchasing their albums shortly.

Go for it

Im still undecided on whether to get the color spectrum or the new porcupine tree aenesthetise 4lp set If i had more money id get both
I saw them the other night and they're ridiculously good live, I'm going to be a huge fan from now on.
Last edited by Kyle<3 at May 21, 2011,
Quote by Kyle<3
I saw them the other night and they're ridiculously good live, I'm going to be a huge fan from now on.

Do they still do that remixed version of Red Hands?
Quote by CrossBack7
First time, listening to these guys; they're definitely interesting. I feel like they'll grow on me.

Church and the Dime
Red Hands
The Inquiry of Ms. Terri
Dear Ms. Leading
Quote by blake1221
Church and the Dime
Red Hands
The Inquiry of Ms. Terri
Dear Ms. Leading

nononononononono

The Bitter Suite 1, 2, and 3
Red Hands