Page 1 of 31
roamingbard13
needs a nap.
1,700 IQ

Welcome to the new Acoustic Chat Thread!

Keep the conversation mature and civilized! This isn't the Pit, and it isn't a place to come spam a bunch of nonsense. This thread is just intended to nurture the community feel of our beloved forum here.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
slipmaggot93
is gonna be famous.
69 IQ
*reads title.
"mature and civilized!"

....?
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
roamingbard13
needs a nap.
1,700 IQ
^ It's all relative.

Gear:
soundjam
169 IQ
My favorite hard wood is most definitely black walnut because its...

Oh wait, I see what you did there.
GC Shred Off
is into you.
884 IQ
CUD SOME1 EXPLAIANETHE JOKE In THA TITEL 2 mE I DONT GET IT WHAT IS THIS I DoONT EVEN
Bahren
10 IQ
^He's 12 years old and wants to know what this is^
GC Shred Off
is into you.
884 IQ
Quote by Bahren
^He's 12 years old and wants to know what this is^

roamingbard13
needs a nap.
1,700 IQ

Gear:
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
175 IQ
^

Mmmm hard wood.

On another note, I finally learnt a song the whole way through! Never mind the fact I've only been playing the intro and part of the verse from Nothing Else Matters since 2006. At least I can now annoy my flatmates with a whole song instead of part of one, and then part of another and so on
(please note it has genuinely been out of sheer laziness i have never fully learnt a song)
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

roamingbard13
needs a nap.
1,700 IQ
Hello there stranger!

Are you a millionaire yet?

Gear:
roamingbard13
needs a nap.
1,700 IQ
So I put a ridiculously expensive set of Cleartone RED strings on my guitar this week. Not sure how I feel about them yet, but I am not totally displeased. I'll post some sound clips when I get a chance.

I also finally fixed the action on my 12-string. Anyone else notice that sanding a bone saddle makes your house smell like soup?

Gear:
euphorictacos
377 IQ
Quote by roamingbard13
So I put a ridiculously expensive set of Cleartone RED strings on my guitar this week. Not sure how I feel about them yet, but I am not totally displeased. I'll post some sound clips when I get a chance.

I also finally fixed the action on my 12-string. Anyone else notice that sanding a bone saddle makes your house smell like soup?

I haven't tried the RED strings, but I really disliked the Cleartones I had on my guitar. My guitar just sounded very tinny with them.
captivate
d[-.-]b Asian Audiophile.
1,602 IQ
Quote by euphorictacos
I haven't tried the RED strings, but I really disliked the Cleartones I had on my guitar. My guitar just sounded very tinny with them.

I actually really like Cleartone EMPs on my Martin. Best coated strings I've ever used. I only use those and the Eric Clapton Signature Martins. I really swear by the EC Martins. Best strings I've EVER used.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
LeftyDave
It's time for a change...
388 IQ
Quote by roamingbard13

Soup? I used a dremel tool on mine and it smelled like a dentist office from hell. Burnt bone reeks dude! I'd grind a bit, gag a bit, grind a bit......then I finally could move on to the sandpaper finishing and sizing. It was a little oversized to begin with you see. So what I'm saying is that my bone was too big....he he he.

Hey, you started it with the whole "We Love Hard Wood" thing.
Last edited by LeftyDave at Feb 8, 2010,
captivate
1,602 IQ
Bard came up with the name.
Equipment:

roamingbard13
needs a nap.
1,700 IQ
I work with high school aged students all day. It's not my fault that my maturity level stoops to theirs every now and then.

Speaking of high school...some group is doing a fundraiser where they play "party in the usa" by miley cyrus on repeat, extremely loud, at lunch, until they raise like $300 or something.

Guess who has an hour of lunch duty everyday.

Gear:
captivate
1,602 IQ
Dang, bard. That's rough. Bet they don't teach you to deal with that in teacher's college.
Equipment:

Dix_Fix
J.O.A.T.
925 IQ
Gee there are some avatars in here I recognise Hi everyone.
A soup smelling saddle eh!!

Mature & civilised eh? S-H-I-T That's me gone but I'll try
Here we go, while trying to sand my saddle my bone got caught under my 'nut' ,, man I started to 'fret' but thought maybe if i 'pull-off' while thinking of 'Am',,,, man thats enough <<<<<<<
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
euphorictacos
377 IQ
Quote by captivate
I actually really like Cleartone EMPs on my Martin. Best coated strings I've ever used. I only use those and the Eric Clapton Signature Martins. I really swear by the EC Martins. Best strings I've EVER used.

My guitar really didn't like them. My guitar doesn't really like any coated strings though haha. Every coated string I've tried on my guitar has resulted in a broken string within 2 weeks. I have to use D'addario or regular Martins. They really sound best on my guitar.

I'm a firm believer in "different guitars like different strings."

Oh and Party in the USA is a horrible song to have on repeat. I'm not a music "elitist" or anything, but songs like that always get annoying when played back to back. I would go crazy if they did that at my school.
Silverstein14
Call me Keenan!
1,179 IQ
Quote by roamingbard13
I work with high school aged students all day. It's not my fault that my maturity level stoops to theirs every now and then.

Speaking of high school...some group is doing a fundraiser where they play "party in the usa" by miley cyrus on repeat, extremely loud, at lunch, until they raise like $300 or something.

My school did that a few years back to raise money, except we play music between all 4 classes to give like a 1 minute warning, so the song played 4 times a day for months. can't remember which song it was.
captivate
1,602 IQ
Quote by euphorictacos
My guitar really didn't like them. My guitar doesn't really like any coated strings though haha. Every coated string I've tried on my guitar has resulted in a broken string within 2 weeks. I have to use D'addario or regular Martins. They really sound best on my guitar.

I'm a firm believer in "different guitars like different strings."

For sure! I'm of the same opinion. If you like the Martins, try the eric clapton signature martins. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Equipment:

clayonfire
loves Jazz.
454 IQ
Quote by roamingbard13

1st Part: that totally sounds like a joke a lot of my friends would make ironically
2nd part: that sounds like it's painful.

I had a feeling when I saw a thread entitled "we love hardwood" that it would be this...I don't know why....

and just interjecting a random question: anyone have any advice on College Auditions? Any pointers, advice, etc etc? Just wondering. I've got my University of Southern Maine one friday, Berklee on Saturday, and then Capital University the following saturday.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Natrone
UG's Festive Brad Paisley
3,126 IQ
Quote by roamingbard13

Oh....my....God...

THATS A GREAT IDEA!

I fell in love with an Epiphone Masterbilt today.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Feb 11, 2010,
Thepredster
950 IQ
Quote by roamingbard13

so they torture the kids with addictively shameful music until they give up the cash? I think that would work 99.9999% of the time
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
captivate
1,602 IQ
I played my first Cole Clark today. It was a Fat Lady 2 with electronics. Definitely one of the sweetest sounding guitars I've ever played. Great guitar.
Equipment:

jimtaka
i like acoustic guitar
3,299 IQ
Quote by roamingbard13
Hello there stranger!

Are you a millionaire yet?

Not yet, but it is going well!

Quote by Confusius
Jim!

Kyrl!

Quote by Dix_Fix
Gee there are some avatars in here I recognise Hi everyone.
A soup smelling saddle eh!!

Hey there, old-timer!

In other news, I have been trying to satisfy a raging case of GAS for pedals and amps and such lately. I have effectively now spent $2655.32 on my pedal board.

I am selling my Hughes and Kettner amp. I bought a Fender Blues Jr. NOS. I'm going back to the basics on the amp and batshit crazy on the pedals.

Oh and I also bought a Takamine EG-544SC last month. I didn't have an acoustic-electric anymore so I figured I need one. I've always been a fan of the Takamine acoustic-electrics in a bang-for-your-buck outlook, plus this one is pretty and I got a great deal on it.

Anybody got any cool stuff lately?!
Last edited by jimtaka at Feb 11, 2010,
roamingbard13
needs a nap.
1,700 IQ
That board better be 80% boutique at that price!

I upgraded my standard strat to a deluxe strat, but that is pretty much it. Not a lot of cash flow around here at the moment as I'm working for free.

Gear:
|Long|
String Theory
183 IQ
Hey everyone, it's been a while for me, but I've come back to the guitar. I recently bought a used Garrison G-20 [pics later] and I'm picking it up from the shop tomorrow morning.

Hope to become a regular here, how are you all?
GC Shred Off
is into you.
884 IQ
Quote by |Long|
Hope to become a regular here, how are you all?

They're a mysterious bunch. I even heard one of the moderators is from this strange island in the arctic called Canadia or something.

Welcome back. I look forward to having some more thoughtful contributions.
clayonfire
loves Jazz.
454 IQ
The only really cool thing I've got recently is an Ebow. I hope to be getting a big muff soon. I got some recording gear though, so I'd say that counts. And I actually changed my electric strings...for the first time since last July
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
|Long|
String Theory
183 IQ
Quote by GC

They're a mysterious bunch. I even heard one of the moderators is from this strange island in the arctic called Canadia or something.

Welcome back. I look forward to having some more thoughtful contributions.

Maybe I've met him, there are only a select few tribe which have big enough waterwheels to produce the amount of energy to run these computers.

Quote by clayonfire
The only really cool thing I've got recently is an Ebow. I hope to be getting a big muff soon. I got some recording gear though, so I'd say that counts. And I actually changed my electric strings...for the first time since last July

Ebow's are so cool! Just wish they weren't so expensive. It would be fun to play around with ... actually I played a Godin Fretless 11-string last weekend and I was blown away by the violin-like sounds produced with slides.

If I had the money...

-
Btw, how do you multi-quote on these boards?
captivate
1,602 IQ
I have no idea how to multi-quote. I usually just click the quote button, copy and back up and then quote the other response. Then I paste the first one.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the Hard Wood, Long. (failed pun? )
Equipment:

|Long|
String Theory
183 IQ
Quote by captivate
I have no idea how to multi-quote. I usually just click the quote button, copy and back up and then quote the other response. Then I paste the first one.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the Hard Wood, Long. (failed pun? )

Guess these forums don't allow it - shame. A ryerson fellow, how's that treating ya?
How much was the Cole Clark FL2 that you played [yeah, quick creep around the ol' profile].

Ah I can't wait to get my guitar back in my arms. And Long prefers hard wood ... err Long has hard wood, yeah that's better.

...Dammit.
Last edited by |Long| at Feb 11, 2010,