Finally picked an lp of this yesterday, and didnt see a thread on it, so...here we are. Crazy power metal from the states, but use odd timings and song structures. Basically a mix between Crimson Glory, Fates Warning, and Jag Panzer. Howie Bentley from Briton Rites plays guitar here, and of course the musicianship is outstanding. Everything about this record kills! And a great power metal album for those who dont like the typical song structures....

(Invalid img)
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
lol your sig is epic
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Listening to "Crusader" on youtube; spot on about those strange song structures. The ambitious bass work surprised me in a good way, and on first listen, I can't find anything wrong with it besides the vocals - perhaps it's just been a bit long since I last listened to any falsetto-heavy metal.

Good stuff, will investigate.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Absolutely love this and had no idea you were a fan Strangles. I put these guys on the Power Metal section in the new rec thread for a reason.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
With all the boring power metal out there this is a breath of fresh air.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Last edited by Crazed Shredder at Apr 25, 2011,
Yeaaaaaah I've been a big fan of Cauldron Born for the past 2 months. Born of the Cauldron absolutely blows away at least 95% of the power metal out there. Howie Bentley is such a great guitar player, in Briton Rites as well. Have you heard "..And Rome Shall Fall" yet? Has a different vocalist it appears but I'm going to blind buy it as soon as I can locate it at a reasonable price.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Ive only heard the odd track on youtube from that one Penisaur, but I reckon il get it eventually, one of the distros over here has it in stock. The electric drums sound horrendous on it, but the tracks themselves sound class!
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
The vinyl copies of this are nearly all gone, apart from a few places and the 'bay, just incase anyone is interested...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Discogs has the cd for cheap, but the lp is nearly gone I think. Slauter Xstroyes would be...somewhat similar.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
madnness innn your eyyess, the cross upon your cheEEest

You want to die in BATTLLLEE..battlllee...

Haven't heard this band in a while, but this feels so good.
Quote by Stranglehold
Discogs has the cd for cheap, but the lp is nearly gone I think. Slauter Xstroyes would be...somewhat similar.

I was listening to Slauter Xstroyes the other day, but that doesn't do it for me. Perhaps there aren't any bands that sound similar which is pretty cool I suppose.
Where did you hear that?
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Well on they're facebook page it says in 2012 they were re-forming and planning to release a new EP. Idk maybe it's not even real plus it was like a year ago, but I just saw it.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cauldron-Born/162849107066674

Cauldron Born - new EP "Sword And Sorcery Heavy Metal." The EP will feature two new Cauldron Born songs (one over 12 minutes long) as well as the Heavy Load cover "Singing Swords".
In these halls of stone aaaand antiquity...

Man when that song picks up....

Some of the most memorable hooks on both geetar and vocals are to be found on this album. Gets a lot of spins from me.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
They've a 2012 album on iTunes.

Edit:
Never mind; I misread. How's their 2002 release though?
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Feb 18, 2013,
Both albums are awesome. I'm assuming you're asking because ...And Rome Shall Fall is the only album available anywhere
Quote by Kytokinesis
Both albums are awesome. I'm assuming you're asking because ...And Rome Shall Fall is the only album available anywhere

Basically.
The reunion thing is definitely real because I saw Howie Bentley post about it on his account on Metal Archives, I don't know what's happened about it though because last I heard it was supposed to come out late last year.
This was the most recent update, I found it on Echoes of Crom Records' site:

10-21-2012 Announcing Alex Parra has joined Cauldron Born as second guitarist!

1-05-2012 Announcing the line-up for the Cauldron Born EP entitled "Sword and Sorcery Heavy Metal."

Vocals - David Loudon (from the "...And Rome Shall Fall" album)

Guitars - Howie Bentley (founder of Cauldron Born)

Drums - Greg Haa (formerly of Slough Feg)

Bass Guitar - John Leeson (bass guitar student of Howie Bentley)

Cauldron Born will soon resume work on their new EP "Sword And Sorcery Heavy Metal." The EP will feature two new Cauldron Born songs (one over 12 minutes long) as well as the Heavy Load cover "Singing Swords".

Announcements will be made for band line-up, album cover, release date and other important information as it happens!
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Last edited by Penisaur at Feb 18, 2013,
Quote by severed-metal
They may have other albums, but Born of the Cauldron is just so gosh darned good.

Well, let me know where I can find it. 'Cause no offense, but I basically can't find it.

Funny thing, searching "Cauldron Born" on Amazon.com brings up a book on Welsh Legends and some weirdass druid music .
Because that particular topic/legend is a precursor to the holy grail legends, or something like that
Quote by Kytokinesis
Because that particular topic/legend is a precursor to the holy grail legends, or something like that

Yeah, yeah. It's basically what the movie "The Black Cauldron" is based off of. Problem is, that's a Disney film (and we all know Disney messes up things); so, they really don't put in the context. Good film nonetheless.

OT:
I did manage to find a link where I can purchase And Rome Shall Fall. Now...if I can just find their other albums...
I think discogs had the other one but I'm clunky with discogs

and they're in euros
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
'Cause no offense, but I basically can't find it.

Well, I'm offended because you can't advanced find it.

Shadow Kingdom has it on LP, and Discogs has it on CD.
You know that part in Imprisoned With The Pharoahs? You know, that part that starts toward the last half of the 4th minute? Yeah, you know the one. "My sorcery was feared in the land...."? With the bass getting things going and the guitar comes in with the main melody and you start bobbing your head and you can't stop moving to it?

Doing the dishes has never been so fun.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Could you imagine a 12+ min Cauldron Born song? Being able to play with the song structure the way they do over that kind of scope... This EP needs to get in my hands now