http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1cskIan5Jw

Awesome instrumental jazz fusion/funk band. I just started getting into them recently and they've got some great stuff. This is from their new album groundUP, which was recorded live in front of a studio audience. They feature a large collective group of talented musicians.
I have seen Snarky Puppy play several times. If you get the chance go and see them.
Their band leader, Michael League, is a stand up guy too.

I have to jump on the band wagon, though, Slow Demon is my favorite tune of theirs.
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
Not that I know of. They do draw greatly from the likes of Herbie Hancock, Chic Corea, Weather Report, late Miles Davis, etc.
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
I caught them in Charlotte a couple months ago. Fantastic show. And I should be seeing them two more times this year as they are already coming back to Charlotte in August and then opening for Umphrey's McGee in Black Mountain, NC in September.
I tried to start a Snarky Puppy thread years ago and got zero response. So glad they're gaining so much momentum.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
Another great show in Charlotte last month. The venue was packed full, and it was a weeknight show. Last time was on a Saturday and maybe half full, so it looks like they are gaining some momentum for sure. There's a solid audience recording here for anyone interested in hearing the show http://archive.org/details/SP2012-08-29

The set openeing for Umphrey's was also great, although I noticed that the keyboardist and guitarist were different people from the previous two times I had seen them. The horn section also sat in with Umphrey's on a cover of David Bowie's Let's Dance.
Awesome band and incredible musicians! Managed to catch a masterclass they did at my Uni just before the summer, ridiculously knowledgeable guys too. Still need to catch them live..
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
You poor soul. I'm glad you have seen the light. :p

My Website
When you watch the video for Thing of Gold, know that I know the guy in the video thumbnail.

Know it.
Yeah. I've met some of them before, as well. They have done several masterclasses in my home town. They are all stand up guys/ musicians.

My Website