cucho18
211 IQ
Hey guys, im looking for a delay pedal and was wondering if the reverse mode on the Line 6 dl4 is able of doing something like the solo in "Give it away" by the chili peppers.

I just wanna be sure that only the reverse version of what i play gets heard and not the reverse plus the straight version.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by cucho18 at May 9, 2012,
RoboMeep
522 IQ
I don't think so. I think Boss DD6 is the first had the reverse delay effect. Correct me if I'm wrong.
kaptkegan
UG Senior Member
238 IQ
The DD6 can do it, I don't know for sure about the DL4 but I don't think so.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
cucho18
211 IQ
Thanks for the fast replies guys, so with the dd6 you're able to just listen to the reverse repeats and not the straight notes you play?
pinheadslts75
BrainDamage
1,113 IQ
The solo to Give It Away was done with studio effects. I think he played it normally live.
RoboMeep
522 IQ
hm- not sure, but there should be an effect lvl knob, so I think if you turn that up, you should just hear just the effect, dunno try it at your local GC (if possible, though they'll probably have dd7)
kaptkegan
UG Senior Member
238 IQ
Quote by cucho18
Thanks for the fast replies guys, so with the dd6 you're able to just listen to the reverse repeats and not the straight notes you play?

Yes. You just have to crank up the effect level all the way, turn down the feedback, and get the timing right. I have the pedal, and I've played this song in a couple bands. It'll get you there.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
joe_k
stereo amp connaisseur
244 IQ
line 6 echo park. turn the mix knob all the way up and you only get the delayed signal.

you won't be able to get anything close to the actual solo but you can just make up your own. i used to do that all the time playing solos live.